NORTHUMBERLAND COLLEGE

NORTHUMBERLAND COLLEGE Management reviews

Clear

Left two years ago

Northumberland College was my entry into teaching and I was generally well supported by teaching colleagues. Management was variable. My position became untenable with changes in staffing and I took redundancy

Not a good place to work

Could of been a good job but the college was run poorly which had a knock down effect on the staff and resources, poor support and low morale.????????????

Poor

Throughout the time I worked for the college, the college went through 3 redundancies which also included getting rid of their apprentices. Higher management do not take into consideration their staff members as best as they could. Management, although we’re understanding at times, there was always siding involved and very opinionated.

Great when I first started

Great place to work when I first started, then threatened with redundancy every summer for 9 years! Management a complete and utter shambles and all seem to do a round robin on the job front!

Pros

Free parking

Administrator

A typical day at Northumberland College, you are working with a majority of friendly staff and you a gain the experience that you need to do your job. The downside of the college they have some horrible managers who don't appreciate your work and take advantage of you.

Quality Assurance of Education & Training Provision

Maintaining good performance by following procedures Quality Assurance processes More structured management is required Team efforts evident An increase of complaints from internal and external Hours of employment

Pros

Working hours

Cons

Salaries

Incompetent manangement

Totally incompetent management which do not support there staff. Vindictive work force. Do not value staff's opinions.

Pros

the animals

Cons

lying staff

Ever Changing environment, fast paced and varied

Every day was different, my duties varied day to day, I thrived during events, and dealing with the public, as well as prospectus input, and marketing trade events. General admin and customer services Management changed regularly, but they were all passionate about promoting the college. The hardest part of my job was never having enough hours in a week to finish large projects. My colleagues were always encouraging and enhanced my drive and ambitions within the roles.

Productive and Beneficial

A typical day at the salon would involve setting up work stations, performing practical tasks and cleaning up at the end of the day. I learned basic level 1 Hairdressing skills, reception skills and experience of working closely with the public. Management was very professional and helpful. There were good rules set in place and a good working environment. I enjoy working with a mixture of different people as everyone is individual, in working environments its mainly professional and everyone got alone and respected the boundaries and it made everyone get along better. Everyone I worked with was friendly and supportive. The hardest part of my job was trying to make sure I didn't make any fetal mistakes, I was working with peoples hair so I had to make sure my concentration was on top form and I was paying attention at all times and listening to my tutor. The most enjoyable part was learning new things and experimenting with ideas. I liked getting little things wrong and learning to make myself better.

Pros

Free Hair Styling

Cons

Hot working Enviroment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NORTHUMBERLAND COLLEGE?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTHUMBERLAND COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement