Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust logo
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Good employer

Good employer, friendly atmosphere, good training, supportive management and a number of jobs to apply for once training has been completed...……………...

Very poor management

Great job in terms of work life balance, hours are flexible enough and still allow you to earn a good salary. Very toxic environment, management are bullies and only care about the operations of the business and not their employees. If you’re face does not fit, you will not be accepted into the team. Not a good job for your mental health

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Poor management

Management awful

Job appears fantastic but advert very generic. Admin role varies hugely between departments and individual managers. Too many managers in hierarchy leads to slow results and too many hoops to jump through. Promotion based on if your face fits and who you know.

Pros

Cons

Everything about the Trust

This employer recognises personal and team needs and achievements

During the last 20 years I have worked for three NHS Trusts. Without a doubt, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust have been the most positive, supportive and encouraging employer of the three. Recognition of personal and team needs and achievements is evident, with regular e-mails to inform all employees of the current situation within the trust. This has been particularly helpful during Covid-19 pandemic and the need to update information as per government guidelines throughout each week.

Pros

Maintaining staff wellbeing

Cons

Temporary contract

Poor management, far too much bullying

Would not recommend working at NSECH as a domestic at all. No support from management, unfair treatment, made to feel isolated and inadequate. Far too much bullying from management, treat like school children, no appreciation for anything you do, staff moral is at an all time low, and there's an extremely high turn over due to treatment from management. The whole hospital know how badly domestics are treated and nothing ever gets done about it even if you take it higher, so unless you enjoy being bullied and intimidated then I wouldn't ever apply to be a domestic here, it's really not worth your mental health!

Pros

Pays not bad

Cons

I'd be here all day naming them all!

Poor career progression

Have thoroughly enjoyed working for this trust however after several years of busting a gut and covering higher band clinics, I would have thought I’d have progressed by now. Very much a ‘Don’t give a stuff about the staff and how they feel’ culture. Also gives false hope of potential career progression.

Productive and fun workplace

During my 16 month work placement at Northumbria Healthcare Trust I thoroughly enjoyed and its the best place that I have worked!! The team that I worked with were nice and friendly they made me feel part of a team and management were very supportive too I worked in a fast paced environment always work to be done!! from learning a new finance system , training team members, problem solving. I had a varied role whilst working there and its been a great experience for me .

A great collaborative place to work

Loved my time in a variety of roles and regret leaving. Supportive culture and excellent patient care. Recognition for hard work and values are apparent

Pros

Recogbition of work

Cons

Large organisation

Benefits aplenty

Good pay, fair amount of annual leave. Lease cars available. Flexible working possible. Staff discounts at lots of shops and websites. Highly rated NHS trust

Poorly paid

At a band 5 the salary is very low for the accountability and responsibility held within post. I am shocked that qualified staff are so poorly paid and have years of student debt for so little remuneration. I am truly appalled at the interview process and that this does not focus on your strengths only on how well you remember all parts to the interview questions and and how quickly you can think on your feet. This model of interview is not for those of advancing years and affected by the fog they call the menopause. It is unfair and discriminatory to those who fit the above category or suffer from some form of mental illness and have memory lapses but know there field exceptionally well. Years of experience and nothing to show for it. Not a chance of advancement due to interview process.

Pros

Cons

Long hrs. breaks too close together. Poor pay. Have to pay to park.

Jobs at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

See more jobs

Too much bullying.

I left because of bullying on the ward and no support from management. They were very clicky and not helpful at all. It was like being in a school yard.

Felt proud to have worked here

Very busy, loved the job and flexible as I booked when and where I wanted to work. Worked across many wards, nice staff. Management seemed good, very appreciative of my help. Workplace culture seemed nice, difficult to give a true perspective as I never got into ward politics as I worked across so many areas. I guess the downside to bank work is you never settle into a team but that can often be a plus because you're just there to provide top quality care without the ward politics. I never found this job dissatisfying, I enjoyed supporting the nursing staff as they said my help was always appreciated. The pay was very good. The hospital had just opened and were adjusting, they did very well and I have always felt proud to have worked there.

Productive and staff are friendly

Great job, lovely people who work there. Really grew as a person at medical records devloped alot of skills and even gained new ones that I didnt think i had.

Toxic, Awful Environment

The worst job I have ever had. Toxic culture. Hierarchical staff. Band 5’s will only speak to band 5’s! Flexitime is advertised but actually non existent. No employee benefits. Horrendous pay! Zero progression! Sign into work everyday with your fingerprint; you must do so when starting, going for lunch and leaving. Awful environment. Lack of trust. Bring your own tea/ milk/ sugar/ mug/ cutlery/ bowl. Just an awful, awful environment!

Ok but little prospects

Very little prospects within the nhs especially with this trust office employment. Work is enjoyable rewarding and fast paced just no future f9r the majority of staff

Watching your back all the time

I work with this Trust for 10 years with no blemish records, appraisals says no concern, asked them if can go for training to do what training you want with no guidance and direction. If staff is racially abuse, hurt, fill IR1 form all the time, with NO support from the management, No thank you from the management how hard you work, long hours and always short of staff. I will never work with this Trust again. I feel discriminated the way they handle complaint for me even though I am not there and I have been admitted to Cramlington myself suffering from gallbladder for months awaiting for my operation. Never trust any of your work colleagues. They treat you like a criminal.

Pros

Free Christmas lunch for all the staff in December

Cons

Long hours and short of staff

Not a very nice place to work

Poor management, a blame game. Constant chest pain at the thought I'd done something wrong. I came to this role confident in myself and leaving with none of that anymore. Some aspects of the job were nice, the people I worked with were great and supportive. Unfortunately, we are all in the same boat and have been whittled down so much that we struggle to stick up for ourselves.

avoid

Worked for NHCFT for 5 long years, worse job experience I have ever had. Poor management, no career progression, continuous restructuring so no feeling of job security.

Pros

Cons

too many to mention

Good Trust

Since qualifying I have always worked for Northumbria NHS Foundation Trust. I have always felt supported by the Trust and believe they offer great job security.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Long hours due to staff shortages

Northumbria Healthcare

Great deal of emphasis on meeting KPI's. Can be very stressful. Rewarding in that you are helping people every day. Good opportunities to go on secondments or shadow other roles.

Pros

Training

Cons

Can be stressful

Amazing Responsibilities, high work load

I was given fantastic opportunities and responsibilities at the NHS which was great for my career progression and helped me to learn quickly. Due to the nature of public sector businesses, the work load was big and sometimes unachievable. That being said, the work home life balance is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement