Notting Hill Housing logo
Notting Hill Housing

Notting Hill Housing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews

good work place culture enjoy working here work load high for housing officers pay well learn lots of skills in the role understanding of work life balance

Not a great place to work for

The management is terrible in NHG. They treat you like children and you are not encouraged to challenge authority. Even though they claim to be on the staff members side with UNISON they really are only interested in themselves. The workload on Housing Officers is way too much and they don't care. I hate working here and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Good & safe company to work for

Salary scales are decent management culture across the company was average to good benefits within company are generous great progression within company as a whole however favouritism with job opportunities plays a part as well. 3 main locations, Vauxhall, Kings Cross and Hammersmith Although it is a private housing association - there is an old council working culture

Pros

enhanced benefit, generous annual leave

great people

great staff however always working under pressure need to support their staff more and invest in BAME colleagues not much opportunity for them. need to look at how they can support frontline staff better

Loved it

I loved working at NHH, unfortunately due to lack of job progression i had to move on. On a daily basis i had to manage contractors and guide the housing teams with all repair and maintenance related queries.

challenging and demanding with some rewards

competitive salary with opportunities to get additional training, high turnover of staff as job can be overwhelming and not a great deal of support. Staff are friendly and sociable

Pros

yearly bonus

Cons

blame culture

For a charity organisation; Notting Hill should be ashamed

The workload is too much pressure, demanding & stressful. The management are unfair, are very hard to speak to and communicate issues; they are also not supportive. The only thing I like about working here is the people (other than the managers). Different managers have different rules for everyone; some get away with things that others cant. Staff are only a number in the company; we don't matter.

Pros

training facilities, pension, salary sacrifice, intranet

Cons

poor communication, bad management, unfair workload

Diverse and supportive environment

A great place for culture and environment, day to day a supportive and friendly environment. Good for training initiatives and internal opportunities.

No two days are the same

Excellent company to work for with a lot of progression opportunities, in your role or within the business. Part of the G15 in London and striving for excellence in the field of social housing. Really great offices and people.

In the dark

Customer focused but inefficient and painful processes and technology. Highly variable management and one dimensional culture, metropolitan lefties, and if you are not the in-crowd, you really really dont fit. Either think like them or you dont belong there.

Pros

Nice offices, some friendly colleagues

Cons

elitist lefty liberal culture

Poor management and progression is down to 'who you know' rather than 'what you know'

Pros: Many training courses available to employees Multi-cultural Majority of staff in the building, are friendly Reasonable pay scale Cons: Poor management practices throughout a majority of the organisation Progression is limited depending on whether you are in the 'in' group Monetary targets is what your working week consists of, regardless of which department you are in Organisation claims to be a charity, but behaves like a private firm based in the West End Not many perks for staff i.e incentives, regular away days CEO of Notting Hill makes no effort to know her colleagues apart from those at Senior level. Those below are as she put it....dead wood I love my job, but the organisation is not a good place to be.

Good Company with excellent benefits package

Work hard play hard environment. Lots of Targets to meet and work can be very demanding but equally rewarding. Lots of activities fun arranged for staff to socialise including staff Christmas party, Summer Party, Bowling, Amusement Park, Pub Crawl, day trip to Paris etc etc. Annual Bonus (Profit Related) capped at ÂŁ1K, Good pension and Life Cover provided for Free, medical benefit and Savings scheme with Credit Union. Loads of other added benefits. Salary is Market Median (Benchmarked)

Pros

Good Working Environment

Cons

High Pressured, Job can be very demanding, lots of set targets to meet that are constanlty monitored by Managers.

Its great

Great place to work, many good years here with interesting jobs and great people. One of the best. I highly recommend it.

Hard working and fun

Fantastic place to work, warm and friendly environment. As a Housing Officer, you manage your own time as long as the work gets done. Tough job, but exciting, interesting and everyday is diferernt.

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

sometimes impossible targets that are expected

very good place to work

very supportive company and good training. I learn a lot working at Notting hill housing. supportive management was able to grow and develop. was very challenging being only point of call fir all tenant on patch

productive and fun work place

perfect place of work, always looked forward to the next working day, Had excelent and understanding colleagues. Management was brilliant, my hardest part was when my contract came to an end and the realisation that i will be leaving behind my fantastic work colleagues. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work and also the competitiveness with colleagues in meeting our set targets.

Excellent Employer

An organisation that care about the core delivery of homes for social needs

Pros

continues training

Excellent training and induction. Good rates of pay.

The position was temporary. It was a great opportunity. I was inexperienced but learnt very quickly about admin procedures. Now looking for my next position. Day to day duties involved checking files for any incomplete tenancy details, then passing those to my colleagues to rectify. The teamwork was fun and we managed to achieve our targets to sort all the files from A-Z.

Fun work place

I was working there as a consultant. However as a company it is an excellent place to work for.

Pros

many benefits

Cons

sometimes too rigid and inflixable