NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL

NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Great people

Great team work and people that believe in what they do.lunch breaks were encouragedmanagers were good in the maingood caring culturerepetition was the hardest part of the job for methe people were the best part of the job and the working environment.

Pros

Very fair and tolerant place to work - great equality and diversity

Cons

hard to progress

Hardest part of the job was dealing with drunk people in early hours of the morning

No good place to work for pay management Are not good Always look after them self- Pay is not good Management seemed to look after their own So the only peoples get good play is management but a good work team

Pros

There is no pros

Cons

Bad management

Not a very pleasant working environment

Worst environment I have ever worked in. Management don't have a clue and majority of staff are vile and horrible behind other people's back. I personally wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Always get paid on time

Cons

Pay isn't great

If your face fits

If your face fits youll be fine but if they want you out theyll find a way - beware its very clique centered.They cover for each other and are happy for the new ones to fall on the sword if it saves them.

Pros

Own workload

Cons

Paid nothing for a good qualification

I started last year and this is has been the worst job I’ve ever had, everyone gets a pay rise bar you, no work life balance and management is a joke, I found out I’m losing my job in Nottingham post and received a phone call two weeks later confirming this. DO NOT work here

Stagnant and stressful

Alot of unecessarry talk for change when there isn't any buy in to it from the senior leadership. Job security before covid was already very poor, with restructure after restructure. However the environment can be both effective and comfortable.

Production

I was always on pool side as a lifeguard for periods of the day then when i cane off i would clean touch points and changing rooms to ensure the safety of people that used the facility during these times where you need to be careful of covid

Not fit for purpose. Very poor management.

Abysmal management. They are an absolute disgrace. They tend to reward incompetence rather than hard workers. That is probably why it is on it's knees.

Pros

None.

Cons

Too many chiefs.

Sometimes good, sometimes bad

Work at a Care home for them, majority of ppl there are lovely but management there are hit & miss, make it clear if they like you or not! I was off 4 months (dr signed me off) not once did they see how I was doing or when I’ll be back (even when taking sick notes in) On a zero hour contract so don’t get any sick pay either. Wouldn’t recommend taking a job if it’s zero hour, as long as the jobs done they’re happy, used to put myself out for them, after this then no longer will, currently looking for another job.

Pros

Pay

stressfull

Literally the worse place to work! the council has gone down hill. don't get sucked in otherwise you will never be able to leave. Such a depressing place to work.

Pros

hour lunch, friends

Cons

everything else

Jobs at NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL

See more jobs

All on class A drugs

All Drugs Management take Cocaine at Weekends. All thugs everyone hates Working there treated like a Number Management totally useless .Not a Nice place Stay away.

Pros

Cons

Loads

Ever changing, never boring, often challenging, great job in Heritage

An average day is non existent, you can find yourself in any department doing just about anything. From making sure a wedding goes smoothly to dusting a giraffe. From setting up exhibitions to parking cars and working night shift security. I have learned to take responsibility for priceless artworks and heritage sites, to mentor and train staff. To record information for the councils tourist industry, legal requirements, and conservators. I have honed skills as a Tour Guide, Speaker and Story Teller. The management are fair and operate a strict policy of equal opportunities for everyone. The job can be physically demanding and visitors can offer challenging behaviour and attitudes, having said that, the most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the public, especially when delivering work shops, Tours and entertainment.

Pros

The Heritage Sites will bring out your Strengths and allow you to progress, excellent training opportunities.

Cons

The days can be long, and you will be on your feet all day.

Good working atmosphere

Very good working atmosphere and friendly staff. Payed full pay during covid 19 and constantly updated with regard to pay status / re-opening estimate date.

Pros

Flexibillity

Cons

Split Shifts

Average

I found the team I worked in was pretty decent mostly. The team seemed really busy at times but that was due to having short deadlines. I was happy with the level of work on the whole though. As time went on it got better but I felt initially I was just left to my own devices. I was an apprentice but didn't really feel the work I did was completely relevant to what I was meant to be doing. I just felt that I was there more to do the menial stuff and my manager didn't seem interested in my apprenticeship until it was too late. The manager in question seemed more interested in hiding behind spreadsheets.

Pros

Flexible working

Honest, hard working, diligent

Public sector team that works incredibly hard to deliver for its citizens. Faces the typical challenges from multiple stakeholders that include politicians, unions, senior managers and citizens.

Poor

Poor unprofessional treat the workers worse than a dog. In time as difficult as 2020 no managers are to be seen they all at home and the work force is left for the supervisors to sort. Bunch of cowards I'd say.

Will like to continue my remaining time in healthcare.

I believe working for Nottingham city council has inable me to become more confident,relaxed,realible and ecetive.I really appreciate helping people..

Below average

While working there I met good people at work. Was a outdoor job so seen a lot of new stuff every day something would happen. Managers are not so organised but are good managers overall. And it’s good hours

Avoid

Very poor salary compared to sector equivalent. Appalling management behaviours and culture. Toxic. Beware of roles that have had a high turnover of staff, there’s a reason.

Shocking

I was with the council for ten years . Both managers where a joke no organisation, no planning and my wages we're wrong every month for six months!!!! I then spent 9 months trying to resolve the issue but unfortunately I never got any answers or support from the managers assistant because he didn't know anything and always had to go back to his the managers . So I left.

Best place to work

I loved the Care Team. All of them are very lovely people. You feel welcomed in the team and they good listeners both to their clients and staff.One the place where there is diversity and no discrimination what so ever, why ever your back ground the Management team will help you to get on with your job and make adjustments wherever needed. I love to work there .Only that I left for martenity and am maternity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL with

• NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?