Nottingham College

Nottingham College Employee Reviews

Great friendly staff to work with shame about management..toxic environment to work in. To many power hungry people in the building..................
Pros
staff
Cons
lousy management
No backbone from IT management as no milestones/objectives set/agreed with the business which resulted in continual change of scope/deliverables causing friction between affected deliverables teams.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Wild expectations with no opportunity to fulfil these when effort is applied.
Good college with its financial difficulties.Enjoyed some of my best times working with 2 brilliant faculty heads and oversaw a massive improvement in Gcse science results.
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
Too many chiefs and very few foot soldiers
Since I began working at Nottingham College, I was struck by the friendliness of the staff who were working there. Every person I met, from the cleaner to the security team were all very positive, friendly and keen to help me. I quickly learned that my managers and team were always on hand to help, either face to face, via phone or email and that everybody in the team assisted each other. There is a definite can do/will do helpful approach that goes through the college. The culture of the college is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to be their best self and this is also how staff members try and operate and it is clear that the college wants the staff to operate at their best levels too. As in any job, learning new systems and methods of work can be daunting at times, but I have found there is always a member of the college who is willing to support you and help you. I have found my most enjoyable part of my job teaching learners in my own classroom whilst updating my existing skills and being shown new methods of working including new digital technologies that I had not previously used or heard of.
Pros
The togetherness of the staff
Cons
Commute to work
Business focus Greedy and rude management Illetrate management No genuine focus on students Underpaid Immense work load Immature and unprofessional staff Petty work politics with no genuine reasons No management support or guidance only demands Cowboys doing the roles of professional people
For me I have gained some grate experience and I been exposed to things that I was struggling to unlock at my last place of work. It's been a great team, there have been lost of changes, some negative some positive across the organisation. I feel it is our department's turn for some streamlining hence the reason to see what is out there.
I have a wonderful team and supportive direct management. Work can be fast paced but colleagues can be very understanding. Staff moral is generally low and a bad mixture of personalities can cause dissention. Could have much improved systems and efficient policies. A very damaging idealism of not communicating pertinent information and keeping things in the shadows.
Fun environment. variety of courses available to the students. New management, new focus. More focus required on employee welfare. Wait and watch at the moment
Nottingham college is the largest FE amagum in the UK. It simply dosn't work. Huge investment but not in teaching, poor organisation. I would recommend against working here for a year or two.
Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, every day is different and you can expect to have some welcomed challenges. The campus' are large so you meet a lot of new people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nottingham College?
I would not advise joining Nottingham College. Poor Pay Poorer management Level of intelligence diminished at best Leaving has to be the best part of the day.
Fantastic engineering team when I joined with a wealth of expertise. Students enjoyed the prospect of gaining engineering excellence. Funding constraints always made the job being very difficult.
the staff didn't care about other peoples safety. the main chef threw knives across the stations towards other people. we would only get a 10 minute break meaning half the time we wouldn't even get to eat all day long
As a temporary translator, Nottingham College offered me the standardized induction plan which made it easier for me to get to know the workplace and be better prepared for future work. I enjoyed working with my manager, who were always willing to talk to me and encourage me when I faced difficulties. As a result, I blended into the class and got familiar with the job content pretty quickly.
Excellent company to work for, always trying to strive for greatness. Employee's are cared about a lot by management, this in turn has a great impact on students.
Great science department Need more opportunity to grow your career Better working conditions More flexibility needed More money put into training and resources
Learning at this campus and working with the people is a blessing since the Merger management is a mess and a lack of teaching professionalism. Feedback is lacking in some department. Con: Fighting within management based around teaching standards. Students feel at unease about coursework and feedback.
Pros
Down to earth lectures and staff.Enough time for course work.
Cons
Nonsupporting staff, lack of facilities
A good working environment, learn something new every day working in such a diverse environment. Enjoy the chance to mix with such a diverse community and work with different staff and students across the college. Difficult in September when college is enrolling and planning for current year, claiming all the funding from different pots. Enjoy seeing the children grow and move on and the students gain skills and new qualifications.
Pros
Generous Annual leave, flexible working.
Cons
Expensive car park. Long hours.
The Supported Learning Department is simply amazing in all aspects! The students being worked with are outstanding in every way and the tutors and support workers are just wonderful human beings with such a love of what they do. The impact that everyone involved has on the students being worked with is immeasurable.
Pros
Cons
Zero
A good place to work I feedback to course leaders information and support throughout the recruitment process to managers and ensuring that targets are met. .
I was a student here, didnt work here. The teachers were all okay when I was studying there as a air-conditioning and refrigeration apprentice. I got all qualifications I needed.
Pros
Good teachers
  1. Employee reviews