Nottingham Trent University

Nottingham Trent University Employee Reviews

As a receptionist I had contact with a range of people at the university including students and staff, all of whom were extremely pleasant and friendly. No day was the same and hard work is definitely recognised and celebrated.
Was given about 10secs training on the till on my first day then just left to do the lunchtime rush in a cafe. Didn't even apply for a cafe job! I manged okay and was proud of myself but found it so stressful it didn't feel worth the min wage pay packet but I stayed on a while.Sadly that theme continued in my time there, it was a running joke amoung employees how insane the expectations of managers were and how little they trained staff or respected our work and time.They were approachable managers and hard working however.
Pros
Safe work environment
Cons
Poor training
Fantastic team to work with. Every day was different. Exciting opportunities for placement students. Would love to work for NTU again, if I ever decide to move to Notts.
Not a good place to work as the pay does not cover the stress and every month they expect more I was on just over minimum wage with huge responsibilities and top management who havent got a clue
Cons
A very welcoming place to work. The management is supportive and treats us with respect. Always open to help with any problem. The supervisors are very kind respects our opinions
Aprendí a atender a los asistentes a eventos organizados por la universidad, ya fuese ofreciéndoles comida/bebida, guiándoles por el cámpus o ayudándoles a aparcar.
Pros
flexibilidad horaria
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for NTU during my undergraduate agree. The wage is very fair and shifts are always very organised, even if it is busy.
Limited growth opportunities - it's a good place to start a career but for real growth over 3-5 years not ideal for overachievers looking to grow professionally and develop at a personal level
Really enjoyed working at Nottingham Trent and would have loved to stay longer. Lovely people and a really nice atmosphere to work in! Gave me so many amazing opportunities
University is one of those palces where learning is actually fun. you will be constantly challenged in a field that you are actively interested in. I would highly encourage anyone to come to NTU
NTU has a fantastic working environment and good management teams to work with.Selection process was fair and salary is comparative as well.Definitely recommend to others.
I worked at NTU for over 10 years. Your department and level will impact upon your experience. I saw it change from a healthy place to work to somewhere that was just about the bottom line. Managers get to pay their favourites very well and on the ground staff are given more to do, no more pay and criticism in return. People leave and the full time work is given to someone in an existing role. If you try ti address the workload or toxic environment the word resilience is thrown at you. Long standing high performance is dismissed within months if you don't keep quiet and work until you burn out.
So much fun working with students just sat printing of ID cards all day. Not stressful as I first thought and its just smiles and laughs all around. If I could I would have loved to work there on a more permanent basis.
Very good place to work for, encouragement from management to be promoted, updated regularly for security and data protection, good work colleagues, would recommend for a place to work
I have only worked at this company through a temp agency, which I was not interviewed for and it was only an internship. I am not quite sure what you have to do to get a job here, I think something along the lines of juggling fire. I have to date, sent 20 unsuccessful applications to NTU, only 4 of which have lead to an interview, despite their employability team checking my applications. Not sure if there is some level of discrimination going on here, bt it is very very hard to even get an interview. Definitely do not recommend to anyone looking to make their first step on the work ladder.
Cons
cronyism
The job held a lot of responsibility between communicating with staff and pupils, however it was always great to know that the student's voice was being heard.
I worked at NTU for 4 years and during the last 3 years the attitude to the support staff became unbearable. We were seen as replaceable and not as important as the academic staff. We were given no recognition or appreciation of our work.More and more Managers were employed on high salaries whilst the support staff who left were not replaced meaning more work for the already overworked employees who were left. Management were not interested in the low morale of their staff and if you complained you were seen as a trouble causer.
It is fun to work in University and learn to understand and communicate with students who came from different background compare with me The workplace culture is respectful toward everyone who from different background
I wouldn’t recommend working at NTU unless you want to end up with one foot in a stress-full grave way before your time! It may seem ok at first but don’t be deceived: the inhuman workloads plus admin will pile up before you know it
Very good for students, flexible and fun. The management team are very understanding and helpful. Typical day at work is very enjoyable and sometimes you even get provided with free lunch.
Since arriving as a volunteer Reception Officer in September, I have found the atmosphere to be very friendly, despite the odd upset from students about their accommodations. But overall NTU has a very friendly atmosphere.