Nottinghamshire Police

Nottinghamshire Police Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my role at times but at times I seriously considered leaving. Job satisfaction can be great but the paperwork bogs you down. Targets set at both local and government level interfere with the job on a daily basis.
Life under a magnifying glass , walking on egg shells , slightest thing said or done pulled for. Never told well done but always criticised . Worst experience have ever had . Managment lie and training very poor but if complain you will be singled out
Pros
Good shift pattern
Cons
Managment
Nottinghamshire Police is a great place to work, I have had the opotunity to work with some excellent people and experience a lot of fun activities. No two days are the same and i would highly recommend a job with Nottinghamshire police
No longer a long term career due to more demand , low pay, poor public perception and role appreciation in the most challenging of times. Constant fear of internal investigation
Having spent 30yrs with the Police in varying roles I would recommend this role. You need to be open minded and receptive to change as no 2 days are the same. Be prepared to expect the unexpected
I am receiving first rate training as part of my BA Hons Policing degree course; the training will enable me to carry out my duties as a Special Constable with confidence.
Great experiences. No 2 days are the same. Manage a team of officers on a day to day basis. Deploying them to incidents around the county. Managing the officers welfare
Pros
no 2 days are the same
Cons
Poor top level management that makes all the right noises about being an employer of choice but does not recognise skills and experience and does not value staff
Pros
Personal satisfaction when getting good results for the public of Nottingham
Cons
See above
Claim to be first choice employer but they do not care about employees. Colleagues are friendly and good to work with. Senior staff too focussed on delivering results to bother about work life balance.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Attitude of Chief Officers
Great working culture but there is no potential for advancement and continuous fear of job security due to being public services. The hours are difficult but due to the good working culture you do get great support from your colleagues and management.
Pros
good shift allowance
Cons
no advancement
My core role is to manage the officers, PCSOS and Civilian Investigators including their performance and well-being whilst also managing relationships between the police and our partners with a joint objective to promote safe communities through joined up strategies in managing crime and disorder Another key element in my role is managing vulnerability and ensuring plans are put in place to reduce this risk. The role is very challenging but equally rewarding and certainly part of policing where you can indeed make a difference.
Pros
making a difference and no day is the same
Cons
Dammed if you dammed if don't..expect that from the public
Stationed as administrative lead throughout application and implementation process. Acted as go between for applicants and local pension provider. Liaised confidentially with colleagues throughout highly sensitive and trying process;
Learned about the protection of confidential data and how to index a high variety of documentation. Management team excellent but office culture not without issues.
Served as a police officer for 30 years with Nottinghamshire Police from 1989 to 2019. Throughout this time working for Nottinghamshire police has been challenging and rewarding.
I enjoyed every working days at Notts Police. No two days were ever the same. I met and worked with some of the most amazing and committed people in a great environment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very long hours
Excellent place to work, all depends on where you are posted. Like all places, the experience comes down to management, training (or lack off). As a civilian investigator, you will be working more or less non stop but the experience one gains is exceptional and a lot of civilians will use this role as a stepping stone to become a dedicated police officer.
Seeing a weeks work in different departments of Nottinghamshire police gave me an experience of work which was highly organised but also pressurised. The work there was very serious and was a harsh environment to be in at times, but also you get a sense of achievement after the work is done and is made easier working with people with good humour and communication.
Pros
Good Technology and equipment
Cons
pressurised environment
If you get injured on duty you will be left high and dry without any help whatsoever. No work, home life balance whatsoever, be prepared to cancel any arrangements at short notice.
People that work within the Organisation make it work and the job is the best in the world, helping people and taking bad people away. Management have always been an issue but the staff within make it
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
This profession bought out the best in me and allowed me to flourish in the policing environment, including getting promoted to Sergeant which meant extra responsibility of managing people.Overall I enjoyed working as a Police Officer, very demanding an rewarding.
Pros
Good salary and career prospects
Cons
Poor work life balance due to long hours and shift work.
Being a Police Officer was an interesting and sometimes exciting career, with the opportunity to change peoples lives for the better as well as dealing with those that sought to victimise other members of society. Day to day duties varied massively and you never knew what was coming next. Sadly, financial pressures resulting from the crash of 2008 resulted in the organisation forcing a large number of officers to retire, many of whom, like me did not wish to leave.