NOV
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

NOV Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews

Found 104 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,287 reviews

Poor management poor basic wage

Not much technical support and helpFrom above, all done by the engineers themselves, basic salary not could certainly be better but can make good money offshore

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Long hours through the week and weekends and offshore

A perfect job for me.

I have enjoyed working at NOV. I like the pressure because of the pleasure of delivering the required outcome. I have found the people to be helpful and friendly, and willing to help delivering improvement if you work with them.

Insights into NOV

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

An unmanaged corporate playground

The management, HR and oversea influence are questionable at best. The employees are treated as consumables in many cases with the arrival of management by promotion beyond their capabilities. Do not leave a job for this corporate "at will" culture or expectation of being a number.

Pros

short term remuneration

Cons

disposable, dismissive and arrogant attitude.

Engaging and interesting place ot work

If you work in engineering, it can be quite impactful especially in Design - fast paced product development for numerous regions worldwide. Multicultural atmosphere for sure.

Pros

Engaging work, smart colleagues

Cons

Unpredictable oil market

Neverending confrontation with staff and management team leadership is always correct

Working there was ok to start with but management git to bossy and where never wrong put the friends before good workers lost so many people because of poor management

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Very long hours

Good honest place to work

Enjoyed my time at NOV in planing I had a mentor and well looked after. I would of still been there if it were not for oil price crash affecting works wide demand

Horrible atmosphere

no words needed this company only wants to you do as they say to many chiefs no Indians all on your back even if your right your wrong they tire you out as you don't fit in the gang bosses are up each other so you don't fit in to there agenda

Pros

no free breezes

Cons

very long hour's

Unstable Poor Management

The management of the company is very unstable and reactive. At the slightest fall of the oil price they sack staff. Staff is treated like a numbers game, no one really cares.

Cons

Lack of systematic approach and poor management

Not a good employer

There is a very clique culture at Nov. If your particular manager puts you in his, you are pretty much ok. If not, you constantly fighting for your own job at every round of redundancies

Great Work Life Balance

Good Engineering Salary with good benefits, and a good work life balance. Relatively relaxed place to work. Only negative is that there is no career path

Pros

Salary

Cons

not career path

Good employer

Good place to work with varied demanding work in many locations around the world. Excellent communication and leadership skill development alongside technical advancement in engineering.

Fast paced and stressful place to work

Not much training when you start your role and you just have to learn everything yourself as you go. Very much a blame culture, no one looks for solutions when things go wrong they just look to point their fingers at someone!

Pros

Good company benefits

Cons

Blame culture

Fast pace and friendly

It was a pleasure working at NOV, I was only temping but learnt a lot in a short period of time. Friendly and helpful colleagues. Great work environment. I'd love to work there again.

Relocation can’t do

It started off great , I got to travel to places I’ve never been and learned a skill I’ve never done and the money was good until they wanted me to relocate to west Texas , with a family I couldn’t do that .

Great Work Mates

A good variation in working roles, great on H & S, friendly helpful workmates an enjoyable atmosphere to work in. A three Shift pattern of Nights (10-6) Evenings (2-10) and Earlies (6-2) with options for overtime in week and weekends as per workloads required. On site and off site training.

Good variety

Although there is a good variety of work the facility I worked at had an absolutely foul atmosphere. If you were not an original Elmar guy you were nothing. A bit of bullying and backstabbing went on. The drawing packs we got to assemble the equipment were out of date, so when you build as per drawing you are wrong and are made to feel like an idiot. No training provided

NOV was a good place to work apart from the job security

A good challenging and fast paced place to work with different tasks to do each day and a large squad working together on large projects which was rewarding to see completed at the end.

American company

It was a good place to work for many years. I had lots of great colleagues and we worked hard to deliver a good product to our customer and meet tight deadlines.

A typical day working for NOV will be enjoyable, you will be sure to learn new skills, plenty of opportunity to progress your career, Over all a good place to work.

good work mates

very busy workplace, good place to work good training given for differant roles around the factory. mostly shift work 6-2 2-10 10-6. work and ppe provided for you

Productive work place

Very busy all day updating paperwork , Kpi boards and computer programs also making sure staff are working to list order to complete the work on time. attending work meetings with other departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NOV with

• NOV
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?