Novuna

Novuna Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews

Lovely company to work for but dependant on team and management within team.

Lovely company to work for but dependant on team and management within team.Company as a whole is great, generous with rewards and praise and a the office is a lovely work environment.Only thing letting them down is the company do not see what is going on behind the scenes in the smaller teams and the problems with management.

Pros

Lovely office

Pressure environment

I worked there as a incident controller.once in the job role I felt we were not required.it was set up to win business from a competitor. The is role and team have now been disbanded and replaced by a phone app.our team were working 365 days from 0600 to 2200 on two shifts

Pros

Nice building

Cons

Long shift hours

Insights into Novuna

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Brilliant place to work

I can honestly say that this is one of the best companies to work for. You have room within the business for progression, the staff are all friendly, there are plenty of incentives to keep moral high and people motivated.Brilliant company. Brilliant staff

Pros

Free hot drinks on site Bonuses Incentives Me days Great management Great staff

Cons

Weekend work

Excellent place to work, everyone is very friendly and helpful

Excellent place to work, everyone is very friendly and helpful. I started with the company during Covid times but the level of support from management and colleagues has been amazing.

Fast paced environment

I work as a sales coordinator within the broker team. The job is very fast-paced as it involves you being on email and phones for the whole day while doing other admin duties. Overall I do enjoy the job as it’s very different from my previous job role

Pros

Salary, no weekend working, good work balance

Cons

Taking customers calls as we don’t deal with customers

Stressful and heavily monitored

I need to be honest as the work is really quite fast paced and the amount of different processes you need to know can make it really stressful. I was on customer service and then trained to do collections and then admin on emails and the messaging system. Now imagine doing two of these at the same time or having to keep changing how you manage the customer to match a process and then being chased on how long it takes you or having QA fail you for a tiny mistake that doesn't change anything. Bit much for an entry job in customer service huh?It was so much better before everyone was merged together as calls were never in an endless queue, everyone knew what they were doing and there was a really good culture with the teams. Now it's one big group with fake happiness and if you say anything that is actually constructive your ignored. It's like upper management have rose tinted glasses on.Line managers are really good though and do support you when they can. I've had 4/5 in my time and all had really good points and pretty much agreed with how bad things have changed. Shame they can't say anything really.Working from home is a great plus and they've been really supportive for staff though it is getting a bit heavy with the monitoring. It is the overall company so the department managers can't take credit for this though.Pay is average if you just stick at customer service but low for what they expect once trained fully. It is benchmarked on entry customer service but don't think for a second that's all you're going to be doing as pressured to move on.

Pros

Free Tea/Coffee, onsite parking, supporting line manager, development if needed

Cons

Stressful, confusing, upper management, salary (for the amount of work expected)

Stressfull

Extensive training given however not useful in day to day work. Everything you did was scrutinised and you were always wrong, they advised you would be coached to help with your calls but they just listened to the calls and criticised Everything and made you feel stupid. QA would listen to your calls and pass or fail you, I was put on a PIP for 2 out of 50+ calls not being perfect and then whilst on the 5 month improvement plan had another 1 fail on my calls and was sacked and made to feel so small my already shaky mental health took a massive hit and I had a nervous breakdown due to how I was treated.

Pros

Free tea/coffee

Cons

Underpaid, dreadful coaching, upper management, being nade to feel stupid/useless

Outstanding

I started here just as the lock down began, i have received constant help from my colleagues and senior management to ensure i have all the knowledge to get my day to day tasks complete. Everyone is very helpful, friendly and approachable.

Pros

Training, Friendly environment, Helpful

Cons

N/a

Waiting for the penny to drop

So far my experience at Hitachi has been great. The working culture is fantastic. The praise and recognition is far exceeding my expectations and I really enjoy the team working environment. Best way to put it is I'm still waiting for the penny to drop! So far a great place to work for and would highly recommend!

Pros

Great Coffee Machine. Themed Days involving staff.

Cons

None so far.

great place to work

great place to work. I enjoy coming into work every day, the culture is great and my colleagues are amazing. I would highly recommend to anyone to come work for Hitachi.

Actually really good.

So ex public sector worker here and took the risk of going back to private sector. Have to say Hitachi Capital Vehicle Services are a brilliant employer. Good overall package and they do lots of little things for staff welfare throughout the year. I feel trusted as a manager to run my team and I am supportedIiampansupported.wourecommend the company to anyone.

A fantastic place to work

The work is intensive and fast paced but you are well rewarded. Good salary, nice working environment and friendly colleagues. Beautiful building to work in and the Japanese culture is very prevalent, there is even a Zen garden! Couldn’t rate this company highly enough

Fast paced but friendly

The IT department is huge consisting of many teams. All of which work together. There is no push to have a job done the second it appears, but instead the idea that everyone within IT should work together to find solutions to problems.

What's happened?

I've worked here for some time, starting out as a stop gap originally, however the company and it's values grew on me. The people are generally friendly and helpful and there is a real drive to do things well by most. However key people have moved on and those doing more than their fair share of work being increasingly relied upon because of bad management and recruiting. Only temps seem to be turning up at the moment which will give you an idea. The pay isn't bad, free parking, free tea/coffee and you do get regular breaks but this isn't really enough to clinch a job offer in this day and age. Culture is now like a debt collectors, similar to well known companies, with senior management bumbling along, seemingly ignoring the glaring issues. One call centre where everything is micromanaged by people who don't know the job and are forever questioning what you do. Everyone is asked to be customer service and an arrears collector in the same role, but with an old system, different telephone numbers and few people to help it's very difficult! The plan is to have one point of contact for all but I know no other finance company that does this. I've worked for a debt collector and it may work as they buy bad debt and that's it, you collect. In a finance company it's very different and it's showing. I'm hoping for a positive change in the next few months but if things stay the same of get worse, i'm off.

Pros

Competitive pay and flexible hours

Cons

Slowly losing the perks and a lack of staff well being.

Friendly, fun and fast-paced

I really do believe this is one of the best places I've ever worked. There's always lots going on in addition to the business as usual stuff which keeps things interesting. There is plenty of change, which I know isn't for everyone but I find it really enjoyable and it's one of the reasons why we're a successful business.

Pros

Free parking, great benefits, opportunities for personal development

Cons

You're working in a regulated environment which does bring its challenges

good place to work

Hitachi is average place to work. friendly people who would do anything for anyone. good ish benefits with a secure job. fun vibes, very social, makes work easier. free coffee, free parking.

Pros

free parking, free coffee

Cons

rude people, long hours, too busy, no desk space

Sales career

A great place to start as a sales graduate with career opportunities to develop into more senior sales positions. Good culture and office environment with training and development available.

Opportunistic and supportive

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Hitachi and am very grateful i was given the opportunity to work there. The culture and environment was second to none, I was encouraged to progress within the department from very early on and received the highest level of support from management.

A really good place to work - great culture

Hitachi Capital has a very supporting management structure and great potential for growth. There are all kinds of good benefits to go with this, bonus, health care and employee support Hardest part of the job is having to wear a lot of hats and almost constant change, but if you like a challenge this is the place for you

Great company

Great benefits package and bonus, great staff, support from managers, need more more staff, pay increases each year, give lots to charity, lots of structural change regularly

Horrible to work as a Customer Service Adivosr

Typical Call Centre job. Can't get any holidays off and have managers breathing down your neck 24/7. Don't work at Hitachi as a Customer Service Advisor.

Pros

Non

Cons

No holidays off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novuna. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement