NRG

NRG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews

workingenjoyhourdaypeoplegoodjobgreat

A successful company

It was a great experience but not the right job for me because I enjoy staying busy and active and moving about staying on a chair calling customers all day isn’t for me

Pros

Learning with customer service

Cons

Need more of a reliable job

Recruitment consultant

Great experience at the beginning. Enjoyed the beginning of the training that was offered. Colleague's already have enough work on and not always be able to help.

Pros

Free fruit. Flexible working hours. Dress down Fridays.

Cons

Management. Stressful.

Insights into NRG

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place to build a career

Progressive and ambitious business which has undergone significant transformation over the last 2 years. Modern offices with superb facilities, flexible working and opportunity to work from home 2 days per week. A high performance and fast paced culture with opportunities to progress and and carve out a career for yourself. The people in the business make it a great place to work.

Pros

Modern office facilities, free parking, free fruit, healthcare plan.

Cons

Can be stressful at times due to workload but is always rewarding

Work hard and you will be kept on longer

This was my first warehousing job and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pay is good, shifts are good with plenty of notice on any changes. The people I met were amazing, the targets set can be met.

Pros

Good shifts and pay

Great agency.

Worked under nrg for a Nissan supplier for around 4 years. Enjoyed and the pay was fantastic. Hours were standard 39 overtime was a bonus. Nrg never once had a pay query and I found them easy to deal with.

Pros

Mint wage.

Cons

Never found me any other work. Despite being under them for 4 years.

productive and fun

good place to work and very friendly staff got on with everyone pay good working in a fast paced environment but i learnt a lot and was trained up to the highest standard as possible every day was a different challenge

Happy memories to take away

Great memories from working here. Brilliant colleagues all with a great work ethos all working to achieve a common goal. The people made the place. Lots of hard work expected and its a busy fast paced environment to work in.

Good agency to work for

I have gained some valuable skills while doing temporary work for NRG which are transferrable. I have enjoyed working both at Newcastle and Northumbria Universities and am now seeking further employment.

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing

My experience was one of erratic management and the incapability of support and effective communication. The company lacked or were overwhelmed in the task of informing employees of changes to their job roles, for example, the applied role will be locally based with 3 months of training provided. The role was 6 months training and nation wide, the employer was also unsympathetic to employees home life balance., with unachievable expectations. unsympathetic to employees

other drivers and workshop staff are good guys

the working pattern is 6 days on 2 off,you will start your 12hour day either at 6am 8am 10am or 6pm and this will change week to week, you will on busy days be expected eat your lunch between pick ups and be expected to work past your finish time without being asked. the management all seem very nice but be aware they don't give a dam you are just a bum on a seat. the hardest part of the job is when you realise that you have given up any life you thought you had and all for what works out to be £8.75 per hour as a 7.5 ton driver doing 12 hrs a day. the best part of the job is going home

Good times

NRG had a great training programme prior to commencing your role, this involved a residential sales course, ensuring every new starter had a similar skill set. The training was a world leader which broke down the sales process into four areas.

Pros

Reasonable benefits

Cons

not much support after training at the time

Great

NRG are staffed by lovely people their culture of finding work to help people was very refreshing. i had a huge amount of job satisfaction in this role.

Warehouse Inspector

I worked for NRG for 10 months starting from September 2017 to July 2018. I enjoyed working for this agency and I felt well looked after in terms of salary, benefits and pension.

minimum wage.

Personal experience of one company: Condensed hours, long shifts on your feet all day, short breaks. Short notice start and finish. High turn over of staff.

Pros

sandwich provided at lunch times

Cons

constantly meeting new people

Good for temps

NRG is Ideal for temporary workers they have lots of vacancies quick start dates mainly factory, weekly pay. easy to contact office staff when required.

Customer service

Absolute shambles of a company. Totally unsupportive. Agency work and doesn't give you any notice of no longer working for them. No help getting another job which I'm sure agencies are meant to do.

Pros

Cons

To many to list

great

great working for nrg positive vibes and daily encouragement to help you reach goals. great environment to work in and great people who are always willing to help you if you are stuck

Challenging

Sales over the phone is very hard where you have to have experience or strong communication skills to do it well. Management is relaxed with dress code so that people can wear whatever they want. I most enjoyed the location of this place as it is in the centre of Bournemouth.

productive work environment

fantastic work environment , friendly staff who are willing to go the extra mile in order to make sure that your time with the company is enjoyable also hold annual charity events to make sure you play your part in giving back.

Pros

nice working environment

Cons

Shocking in all aspects, waste of time.

First Impressions you think wow, lovely place when you go in to 'sign on the books' have a word with the ladies who make you feel super comfortable. Asked for long term and got put forward for two, was told one of them was permanent and when i went was informed it was for 4 weeks with a possible 2 additional weeks, initially got offered the job but turned it down as I have other arrangements up until christmas and can't justify cancelling them to take a job for a month, However if a permanent role came i would reschedule and told the ladies this and have heard NOTHING back, have emailed twice asking for updates, emailed asking if they had received my previous emails as thought it was rude to not even acknowledge, I would have been happy to have been on their books and waited until after Christmas with keeping in touch with them and would take temp and perm and explained all of this in my emails and have just been ignored on all occasions. Their not bothered in helping you, its all about targets and sales with you, put your forward for things and claim 'it could lead to perm work' but the times i've went to interviews i've been told it was 3 month contract with no job at end. A total farce, Waste of Time and Ignorant.

Pros

Cons

all of it.

A disgrace

NRG are a disgrace to the working people. They sign people up to work to get government money, put you to work for a week then lay you off. There whole behaviour is what gives honest agencies a bad name.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Uncertainty of work, rubbish working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NRG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement