NSC Global

NSC Global Employee Reviews

-I am managing many teams to deliver customer request within the expected timeline with minimal cost -I have learned to Manage budget, manage customers needs, coordinate activities, time management, do reporting and self learn -My management team really supportive and encourage me to do well -The culture is need to learn quick with minimum guidance. -Work with many technical experts to deliver a solution fits customer expectation -Team meetings are fun and gives opportunities learn how others overcome challenges. Flexible work location
Pros
Opportunities to grow within the company
Cons
High workload, long hours
Please avoid working for this employer at all costs, they promise you career growth and development and never delivered. I felt lied too from the start and in fear of always the prospect of loosing my job despite me and the team I worked for putting lots of hard work in and effort. I never got any support. The company take on too many projects and don't have the structures in place to be effective. I my opinion they sell a solution, put engineers in and then leave them to it with the customers ending up getting a bad service. During my time at this company which was just shy of under a year, I didnt see any career progression. I was promised I could grow with the company during the recruitment stages. I saw countless instances of bullying from the owner. Middle management that run projects with little or no planning was evident and chaotic. There is no planning, no structure to delivering and supporting client projects , no recognition, no support from middle or senior management and I feel let down. I personally gave so much with no return. I saw management treat its engineers very poorly with no support, you were thrown onto a project and then given no support with the customer suffering. This company is meant to be a solutions provider and all I saw was a very poor service delivered. I felt embarrassment for the way we treated the customers who we were meant to be supporting. During my time I was always worried I was going to be sacked at a moments notice and witnessed many times people being spoke to rudely and threatened. The CEO is driven by greed and - more...
Pros
During my time there I didnt see many
Cons
Very long hours, management treat you poorly, you are just a number on a spreadsheet
NSC offer enterprise and service provider clients our fully managed SD-WAN service powered by Silver Peak® business-driven Unity EdgeConnect™ in more than 180 countries globally.
Early starts, always learning, retained core management, long hours and large workload. Ocassional multinational travel. No job is the same and lots of people to meet and learn from.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Staff are friendly, there are some exceptions, as everywhere ... Not much for a career growth and you won't get any support. Very hard to have something done in a timely manner. Coming from a very top level of influence people are taught to adapt the law to their business and not the other way around. That creates problems. No trained staff on critical departments and the lack of knowledge reflects in dealing and agreeing disadvantageous contracts putting the company to financial and legal compliance risks. I don't think will last very long on the market from a compliance point of view.
Pros
Fruits on Fridays
Cons
Male only environment (that generates clashes between staff from time to time)
This company is a good for anyone who just started his career or wants to try something very challenging. It's an international company with a lot of opportunities.
Only worked there for about a year, we were made redundant after a large project we were working on was completed. The management at the time wasn't very supportive.
I learn a lot of new skills at NSC global, it's fun and professional company! I learn to process orders in Navision and make sure that all details of this order entered in the system 100% correct.
The company that wants to be known for global reach, big clients and latest technology takes no time to look at Feltham facility and its employees. The infrastructure doesn't fit the present times and is repulsive for newcomers. The time stopped in this place many years ago and it doesn't seem to bother the management. There are many hard working people out there who are trying to keep it all together but their effort and initiative is not properly rewarded.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
bad facility, no care for health and safety, no lunch room, very old equipment
nscglobal is a multi-national technology services and infrastructure provider that helps international clients solve their challenges across 180 countries. nscglobal has grown consistently since 1998 and now employs close to 2000 staff across 25 regional offices that span every continent with staff speaking over 40 languages. nscglobal’s clients are larger organizations that require a capable and trusted partner to solve challenging technical, process and cost concerns efficiently.
Apr 2012 – Jul 2013: NSC Global LTD, My role was working as a Senior Field Engineer for NSC Global; who deliver managed services, VoIP delivery, and LAN & WAN networks in both central government and blue chip organisations; I have been posted to work at Her Majesties Treasury Westminster and other central government projects around the UK. My previous role at the HMT was to deliver a managed VOIP Solution to support to up to 2000 users. • On site Network, IT surveys providing technical requirements for Client and project stakeholders • Deployment and use of monitoring tools (Solar winds) for proactive infrastructure management • Networking skills (switching, routing, VLANs, PoE, WLAN) Troubleshooting, integrity testing and user testing • Floor walk and user training on deployment day this includes fault prognosis, diagnosis and Fix • VOIP Telephony installation / maintenance / Support Cisco Cisco Call Manager 8 & 9 • Working in a large team, delegating work to junior team members • Running SQL reports daily • Daily IBM Tivoli Manager Tape change and backup, using scripts. • Running daily health checks and snapshot on IBM Storage manager, SAN Controllers. • Remote Desktop support. • Meet high profile clients support expectations by fixing devices within the agreed SLA time • Active Directory and User Management • Cisco Unity & Call Manager, Daily Administration and maintenance • Device Asset Management both on client site and NSC warehouse • Cisco voice gateway installation and configuration • One to one customer training with end - more...
Pros
Good Team Spirit.
Cons
Out of Hours Mostly
For a company of its size with regards to client base and services, the company needs to improve on its infrastructure and the way staff are treated. I personally have seen many excellent workers and managers move on due to low morale, bad ethos, and finance mismanagement. Although I have learned much through my years there I believe that my future lies in another company, one that values one who pours their heart and soul into a company. It pains me to give negative feedback as is not in my character to slander.
Pros
Good, friendly coworkers
Cons
Unrecognised and unpaid hours of overtime, bad facilities (no aircon, lunch room)
Generally a good day, if there are any technical issues while on site then the day tends to be long.
NSCglobal is a very good company to start, as i got a lot of handson expereince with the networking technologies. And this job helped me to understand about more cisco devices by working on it, which will help me in my carreer.
Pros
hands on expereince
Cons
no carreer advancement