NSL Ltd

NSL Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom309 reviews

abusepublicstreetcouncilcolleagueuniformissuingticket

Poor morale

Worked here for a bit and really enjoyed my first few months with the company. Unfortunately, the staff that have been there for many years can be rude and love to moan a lot. Therefore, this set the morale pretty low in an environment where you are hated on daily by the public. Management would never address the strange chinese whispers behaviour, but continue to brush it under the carpet, I assume because they couldn't afford to lose staff. Many things were brushed under the carpet, the pay was dreadful for the amount of abuse given by the public, alongside the walking in all weathers and target driven environment. Although, the managers seemed to be happy I guess.

Pros

Approachable management

Cons

Awful shift pattern

Poor Management

Walk miles in all weather on your own without ever being asked if you are ok.Very poor management who ignore everything they are asked or told. Impossible to get holidays. or Saturdays off.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management

Insights into NSL Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Where to begin

I have worked here for a number of years and in that time I have noticed that hard workers are under appreciated and bad workers are ignored. As soon as a hard worker takes a step back management jump on there back.Most upper management only care about company profits not staff.Middle management sometimes depending on who say they care but probably dontAnd most lower management you wonder how they even got there job.. Strong smells of nepotism in the management structure and promotion giving.Pay is absolutely shocking but is managed between company and client.

Ok as stop gap

No promotions, all already decided, not a lot of help with any problems you have. Management not interested, very much a separation between positions.

Good job security

If you can hack long hours, Management mood swings and sporadic days off, you'll do fine. Good job security.Lots of investigations go on, roughly one or two a year, which I found extremely stressful as everybody would be interrogated , and treated by management as though they had done something, not just the wrong doer.If you have mental health issues working at nsl will definitely exacerbate it. My team ended up paranoid and walking on eggshells.

Pros

Not bad money but that's due to working 45 hours.

Cons

Long working days. Not many 2 days off together.

Working here keeps you busy. If you work hard there are no issues. It is minimum wage, but parking is free and there is a good work life balance with hybrid working.

Pros

Hybrid Working

Cons

Minimum Wage

Awful company to work for

Worked for NSLfor over 3 years but an awful company to work for so left. Management don't care about staff wellbeing. Always looking at ways to get rid of you and criticism is a daily occurrence. This showed with the regular staff turnover. New faces weekly. Avoid working for NSL

Fun working

Good environment and communicatio to get the daily report for your email and the daily meeting with you on Monday at any time you want to meet up for lunch

Pros

Friendly

Cons

would rather shovel S**t then work there again

where should i start… HORRIBLE “management” that should not be in that position, favouritism, lies, gaslighting, blatant rudeness and so much more. colleagues are amazing and kind but management and other leaders ruin it. if you want to enjoy your life stay far away from this place.

Not treated at all well

Treatment as an individual is none existent. Employees are leaving. If I could I would leave A.S.A.P. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Don't believe any advert for employment with this company.

Friendly place to work

The colleagues are nice and I found managers are approachable for help. The only drawback is the travel as I rely on public transport to and from the office.

Pros

Nice colleagues and approachable managers

Cons

Travel

Good place

Decent place to work, hard at times management helpful very Health and safety oriented. Need to have thick skin to work here as public can be a bit shouty

Not a nice environment

Trust no one in there. Like, literally no one. One rule for some and another rule for others. Managers also like to talk behind people’s backs and the training is awful, you just sit next to someone and watch. That’s it.

Only as hard as you make it

Not the hardest job you'll do, laid back environment where there's no pressure on you to book as many cars as people think. Management are understanding when it comes to flexibility which is a plus if you're a parent

Pros

Laid back environment

Cons

The quieter days could drag

Easiest or hardest thing you could do

Love the feeling you are treated like an adult but sometimes feels like your not getting the back up. But the colleges are good fun to be around. You must like the general public.

Pros

Excellent staff, Being outside

Cons

Shift patterns and low rates for the work

Good pay but racism and favouritism in management especially at Barnet

Barnet NSL civil enforcement is terrible. Have an operations manager out of her depth and all they do is promote their mates and people from their own ethnicity, some of which cant even speak english. Got pushed out because I was a threat to upper management in terms of my education. Terrible work place always have to look over your shoulder.

Hostile and uncomfortable workplace.

During my time working for nsl I was constantly made to feel uncomfortable with inappropriate behaviour in the office.I never got the support I needed whilst training and working for them.

Pros

I met one nice colleague

Cons

Long hours, management were the worst.

Toxic

If you are looking employment look else where. nsl is one of the worst employers out there the turn over of staff is so high and the levels of stress and anxiety that is put on ordinary operational staff is unreal. Management are not to be trusted

Unexpectedly rewarding

not a job I thought I would do, but came to love what I did. People are friendlier than you would think- but yes there will be people shouting at you in the street... Spent little time with co workers so if you enjoy being on your own it's perfect! Hardest part was the occasional aggresive member of public. Most enjoyable part was being alone, and getting excerise and fresh air everyday.

I wouldn’t even consider going back

It sounded like it was exactly what I was looking for. However that’s not the case with this branch of NSL. Wage is dire the hours aren’t that family friendly.

N/a

It was a great experience, would definitely recommend it to people if they want to try something new. Thinking to get the same job in the near-future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSL Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NSL Ltd with

Learn about NSL Ltd in popular locations

• NSL Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?