NSL Ltd
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

NSL Ltd Employee Reviews

The local management will do their best to tweak duty times/day off as much as is possible. We are left to organise our day (within reason) and have no targets to meet.
Pros
No targets
Cons
Lots of walking in all weather
I really enjoyed working for the company and miss the job I did. Everyday was different and had its challenges. I would encourage anyone to apply for any job roles with this company. The management are good, firm but fair approach.
Pros
All sorts of incentives
Cons
Shifts can be long and pay needs to improve
The company is a complete utter shambles a good thing is you can lose weight because you walk about 20 miles a day and one of my management was really really nice apart from that disgraceful they do not back you at all
Pros
Get fit walking
Cons
Everything not good
I loved working at NSL, my work colleagues were the best bunch of people I have ever worked with and even when the job itself is stressful they made it all the better apart from a couple of the supervisors who are wanna be sergeant majors and believe they are better then the rest and they truly are not especially as one had no idea what he was doing. I do believe that the wage is far to low for what you have to do but overall I would recommend this job
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Some of the abuse from the public
Boring job,poor equipment, long days, unsociable hours,poor pay.some management ok some not good at all.The company is obsessed with hitting KPI targets and not bothered about the workforce with a next person up attitude.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay
Alright to begin with then they try force you to give out more tickets. No support from management, all they care about is getting the money in. Will pick favourites and not listen to ideas because it then makes them look stupid. But they made themselves look stupid most days....
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
This was by far the toughest job I have done .The general public have a very negative view on your job role so be prepared for lots of verbal nasty abuse The pay of ÂŁ9 a hour to be fair is told to you at interview but should be lots moreThe staff turn over is mind blowing, several people quit after just 1 week or lessThe management do not manage and the base morale is very low with lots of silly in fighting To be honest I would avoid at all costs
Pros
good team trying their best
Cons
the management and the public view of the job
Ask any person from the job and they’ll tell you the same thing. Management are a bunch of no gooders. The job is overall grand despite the odd mop going off on one for receiving a PCN. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to do this job simply due to management they are out to get you on the slightest mistake made.
Pros
Good rate of pay . One hour lunch
Cons
Yes the wages aren't brilliant but it's work, I loved working at nsl, especially as ceo you were caring for the public , looking out for you colleagues and making a difference to traffic management, keeping it flowing. It's a physically demanding role if you can't walk far distances you may struggle or it might not be for you, but give it a go. If you need to keep fit and healthy it's the perfect job. There are various uniforms for all weathers, think ahead wear appropriate clothing, as you can't change your clothes like the weather, some things are out of our control so think before you do or say anything. This is still my most favourite job, It was the one job I felt healthiest in. You work your own patch and can walk as far as you want, dependant on needs, sometimes not alot. NSL helped me through some extremelly difficult times, I am indebted. Stay safe everyone.
Pros
Lovely team they are family. Free uniforms, lovely family (team) the people you work with make the difference
Cons
Sometimes you have to bite your tongue
I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.You're treated like nothing, all the time. All that matters to them is numbers.Even during the pandemic! Lockdowns and all!Your life and safety doesn't matter to these people.You can die tomorrow, they wouldn't bat an eye.We've been told to switch off the track and trace app at work.Few people tested positive for covid19, stayed home, got paid fully, while we kept working, while some of were probably sick as well, in freezing temeprature, rain and snow.PNobody cared.The council has no idea what these people do and how the council is represented.The only way you will be treated nicely in this company is if you're friends with the management and if you grass on your colleagues and gossip about everyone and everything.I thank God everyday for being able to find another job and leave that awful place.If you're thinking about applying, think twice.
Cons
You are out in public every day on your own facing sometimes angry and aggressive members of the public and you are paid minimum wage with little support from management. I would not recommend working for this company they are purely out to make money and have little regard for their staff.
Pros
A forward thinking Company that have their employees interests at heartThey encourage team work and you get support from everyone when you start Heaps of support from management and fellow CEOs
Pros
Great team work. Working outside Self management
Cons
Working outside
As a HGV Removal Driver for Haringey contract you will be forced to driver vehicles with faults, no MOTs, no road tax, and no camera or pedestrian safety systems to protect yourself and members of public. Management will turn on you and destroy your career, even if it means lying, if you dare to bring to their attention any mismanagement that affects drivers licenses or health and safety at work as I found out.
Pros
Good pay on time
Cons
Two faced management
Terrible pay, very poor management and no respect for employees and danger when out clamping on your own. Company doesn't care about you. They only care about how much they earn.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, job role
Some are alright in there, but some are not, like everywhere. The difference is leadership.No respect, no logic. If you are tight with management, you'll be fine. If you are someone with a brain, you will hate it.Leadership is two-faced, they will do everything to make themselfes look good. They will not tell you what you can request as support, the equipment is poor quality, as the management.You become a walking money-making machine.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
Mix shifts, little to no safety, bad management
Do not work for this company, absolutely disgraceful place, management treat you worse than the angry public who already dont like you, the council who hire these idiots are a joke, uniform is useless in the rain, long hours, you will work 8-9 days without a day off, the rotas are a joke and staff favouritism is rife in this place, all the care about is tickets and not the staff. Staff complaints are laughed off, as they can be assaulted on the street. Stay well away from here.
Pros
Erm, none what so ever
Cons
Long shift patterns
Your job is issuing parking fines which is bad enough especially when the drivers get abusive.the managers are not there to support you they only want to discipline you for pathetic reasons. You will get unrealistic targets for issuing tickets even though it is illegal to have targets on issuing tickets. Your training is useless and will only make your job harder when you start as you have to unlearn everything they taught you.You will get verbally abused by all your managers and "clients" on street aswell as risk being physically assaulted and when that happens it will take atleast 10 minutes for help to arrive
Cons
A good company to work for. Made a lot of friends. Management were good to all staff and encouragement was always given. Teamwork was well instrumented and made for a full filling employment.Shame the contract ended.
Pros
Hours lunch.
Cons
Long day.
NSL (DVLA Contract) is a great place to work. I guess you either love it or hate it. Working in a public facing environmemt where you can be dealing with volatile and unpredictable situations is challenging but i find this very rewarding. The team i work with are generally great and the management are supportive. Pay could be better but the hours suit me well.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Not a great salary.
waste of time...This company doesn't show interest in looking after they employers...Fdghhfvjjhfvbjhfxvbhcxvhhgfcvhhffvbhhgffvghhhgfvvhgffccghhhgffvvh
where can i start, supervisors go and spy on you and take photos, comments have been reported by a ceo and that person was called a grass because a male ceo said BLM do not matter. base manager has no formal education and all he does is scream and shout when he cant do simple maths. certain white female ceo is always on beat 15 or beat 4 or BLE room thats favoritism contract manager is two faced and dosent care if you get hurt, 6 people have left because of the base manager and operations manager. all complaints are shoved under the carpet due to both being best mates. god knows how they won plaitnum award. toilets are locked so you need to ask for key and you can have upto 7 ppl waiting in pain. 1 person had covid and nothing was done to clean site. marstons need to investigate they have a duty of care. i dont advise working at birmingham
Pros
non
Cons
dangerouse job no protection
  1. Employee reviews