Nuffield Health
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Nuffield Health Employee Reviews

United Kingdom416 reviews

Alright place to work

staff are lovely and the clean team are great when a full team is there, when I was there I made a friend for life with another clean team member and we got the rating up to 100% on the ordit which was amazing.

Pros

Free gym membership

Corporate is the best way

I work at a corporate site which allows some autonomy allowing us to work outside the usual Nuffield Health structure that's seen in consumer. However, working in with a business means we do have to meet standards set by the company. This doesn't suit everyone, especially people who prefer autonomy themselves. I a few months in a consumer site. This wasn't as positive.

Insights into Nuffield Health

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager

Awful place to work!

Actually you’re not a lifeguard,you are a cleaner!!!Long hours on poolside and on your rotation you have to clean everywhere even gym floor,studios,toilets,showers,steam room,sauna!Pool side is very warm and humid. Air conditioning is always broke. No fresh air and no windows.

Pros

Very poor management

Cons

There are no respect for lifeguard team at all!!!

Good place to start a PT career

As a PT you will have to work a number of hours on the gym floor (cleaning activities, MOT) and also teach one or two classes per week. You can usually choose which classes. You need to use this time to engage with members and build your PT client base. You will have targets for selling PT packs and there’s pressure to hit the numbers. As you start getting clients your gym floor hours will be reduced. It’s a good place to start but the the pay is very low.

Fast paced work place

Fast paced work environment, repetitive, left to go into the deep end when you first start as there are only a few team leaders for a big group of staff so they cannot help you when you first start which made me nervous. Team leaders have been here a few years and still don’t know the answers to a lot of things. Needs better management

Pros

Good pay, work from home

Cons

Tiring, bad management

Nice environment

Nice place to work with friendly staff, usually requested to work more hours than originally givenBenefits of gym use and swimming is an advantage if you get time to enjoy the facilities

Pros

Gym membership

Cons

More hours than you might want to do

Physical but not stressful

Competitive salary with good benefits, friendly place to work with support when needed. Mostly quite repetitive work but each day is a bit different. There are opportunities to learn and move positions within the company.

Not a happy place to work

Would not recommend working for Nuffield. While the benefits are good, some of the people I worked with were downright nasty, you don't get included in anything as they have their own little groups. My manager at the time did nothing about this until in the end I was signed off work sick. If you don't want to be dragged down and made to feel worthless, don't work at Nuffield. Some of the people were nice, but the team I was in, no.

Official response from Nuffield Health

3 May 2022
Hello, I am concerned about the experience you had during your time with us. We want our employees to feel supported and valued. Please let us talk with you about the issues you have raised. You can contact me at Employee.relations@nuffieldhealth.com

Don’t believe the friendly interview. If successful you have pages of online training to complete, most totally irrelevant to your role. Staff are Oky

Awful company

They mis sell the job descriptions. The initial training is great then they do not care. No help when needed, rude team leaders. They monitor toilet breaks!! Tell you off if you take 'too many' benefits were still not sorted after a month. Pay is awful and work life balance is rubbish. Do not work for this company!

Official response from Nuffield Health

3 May 2022

Boring

Don’t work here if you want training in your job…. No training, wasn’t given an induction on my job as lifeguard was just told to sit there. Wasn’t told where the emergency exits where or where the emergency alarm was, lifeguard responsibilities where taken care of by the managers so I did nothing other than sit there for four hours. Avoid…

Productive friendly place, the members are friendly its always busy there which is good it makes the day go faster which is always a plus. Management support you.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Working weekends

It is an ok place to work

I worked there long time ago. Probably it has changed since them. The staff was really nice. However, the hours were really long and sometimes it was tricky to get holidays.

Good

Good place to work Nice peopleFree gym Food on siteNice staff morale Helpful Training is good Have funRelaxed All goods have issues but doesn't bother me

Enjoyable variety of work and people

Very faced paced and sometimes stressful but lovely colleagues and good variety of work. Sometimes asked to work overtime at short notice due to staff shortages but this is the same in all healthcare settings. Overall a very good place to work.

Pros

Variety

Cons

Stressful at times when short staffed

Bad management

Bad management, no marketing budget, expected to pull sales out of a hat with no support. GM checked out and not interested. No support from management on a shift when it got really busy.

Supportive team members and great work/life balance

Great place to work in terms of work life balance, benefits package (healthcare, Free gym membership etc), great people in my department, free onsite parking. Main negatives; salaries could be higher to reflect cost of living, opportunities for progression are limited in my department (though good if looking to move around the business).

Face needs to fit

The majority of staff have worked at this hospital from a minimum of 6 years to a maximum of 36 years. This has developed a culture of protection of cliques. The management have also been on site for a considerable amount of time and some have only ever worked at this site, even as student nurses. Sadly, instead of a welcoming culture to new starters, there is an air of mistrust.

Pros

Gym membership Free parking

Cons

Low pay No grading or banding or career progression

Generally a good place to work

Fast pace work environment with an easy to learn job for those willing to learn. Overtime is well paid and currently readily available for those wanting extra hours.

Pros

Good overtime rates and plenty of opportunities for overtime, Close to public transport, Good Heath Care

Cons

Shift work

Fun work environment awful pay!!!

The job is easy but duty managers get the blame for most things that go wrong. Duty managers get the worst pay in the club but have a tonne of responsibility for minimal pay. Management do not promote you they always look for external recruits that always tend to be useless. The staff are great, gym perks are good.Nuffield need to increase salary’s! If they do this the company would not be used as a stepping stone and they would have a lower turn around of staff.

Pros

Gym membership, good colleagues and good pension scheme.

Cons

Unsociable hours working for minimal pay especially for a London club.

Professional Company

I felt very supported while working at Nuffield Health, everyone got on with each other, the job was stressful in times but it wasn't one of those where the company doesn't care and the customers take it out on you. I was always backed by management and they really cared about their customers and keeping up with the high standard they promised. Really professional place!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuffield Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement