Nuffield Health

Nuffield Health Employee Reviews

The teams within the different sites for Nuffield Health are really friendly. You get the opportunity to see everyone as much as possible when you first start after settling on your own site. You are helped in achieving different things, but at times this is not very well managed. However, management are great and as long as you are communicating with them they are very flexible to help. Sometimes it can be overwhelming and it is felt higher management do not listen. Otherwise the team and job is great for anyone coming out of university. Experiencing how to do behavioural analysis and using motivational interviewing alongside physiology is important for a good career development within the company.
Pros
Experience, travel, Cpd
Cons
Salary
I worked at a corporate site, the site was very friendly in regards to PTs and clients but the manager made everyone's life difficult, never sure what mood she would be in, not supportive at all and I soon realised why the turnover of receptionist was so high. A real shame because the site was popular although equipment and decor was shoddy in comparison to the main stream gyms.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Management attitude
Absolute rubbish place to work. Management is awful. Pay is disgusting. Supposed to be a charity that promotes well-being but instead your worked into the ground expected to go above and beyond for no money or thanks.
If you looking for a place that will ruin you mental health is a job for you.Toxic people that bully you every day.And managers which knows about the situations just they don't care..
Cons
Bully
Wonderful people to work with. Very poorly paid, minimum wage. For the amount of work you do it is not reflected in the wage.Very similar jobs pay a lot more elsewhere.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Minimum wage
Under the old management, Nuffield felt like a fun, friendly and social environment to work. Now unfortunately, with the new general manager, you tread on egg shells worried you will put a foot wrong. The hours are horrible and the pay does not reflect the hard work and effort you put in. The gym equipment is over 15 years old, and the air conditioning always breaks in the summer. The only positive is that the members are lovely
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Unsocialble hours and terrible pay
Could not trust manager, too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Not enough training. expected to hit the ground running, with new systems that only a few people knew.
Pros
parking
Cons
gym membership
Quite stressful job at at times. LM shows favouritism towards other staff. Hard workers not appreciated instead are picked on. The ones that slack off are favoured more. Backstabbing a norm. LM has no idea how to support the honest, loyal and hardworking staff. Case off if you fit in.Staff in certain other departments rude and arrogant towards you. But there are some really friendly people. The job itself is low paid.Best part off the day when shift ends. High turnover off staff as they end up leaving with anxiety and stress. Respect and honesty not appreciated either!
Pros
Bupa and gym.
Cons
Low pay and stress.
1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. We want our employees to feel supported and valued, if you would like to discuss this further please email Employee.relations@nuffieldhealth.com
Was very excited to work here. Looked amazing, everything was fine until they turned on me. I got the job as a manager but I was more of a glorified receptionist. By the end of it I was told I wasn't allowed to move from behind reception. No pool plant training. The other managers would come and go as they pleased yet it was different for me. In the end I was completely pushed out. I felt that I went above what was asked of me yet I still could do nothing right. I was definitely not in with their crowd and nor did I try to be. Incredibly overpriced membership and considering it is private gym the salary is below a public leisure centre.
Pros
Gym equipment was amazing
Cons
Everything else
1 March 2021
Worse place I've ever worked. Poor management, favourite employees and equipment breaking all the time. Air conditioning, pool level, sauna and steam all stopped working at least once a week. All for nearly ÂŁ700 a year membership. Shocking salary and terrible hours. Would not recommend.
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Too many to list
1 March 2021
It’s disappointing to hear about your experience, we want our employees to feel supported and valued. If you would like to discuss this with us please contact Employee.relations@nuffieldhealth.com
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nuffield Health?
All staff on my department are very friendly and helpful. I was provided with all the relevant training that was needed including online courses and shifts shadowing other members of staff to learn on the job. Patients are always very friendly and patient and other members of staff are understanding whilst undergoing training.
Pros
Flexible shifts & free weekends
Cons
No hot food onsite
1 March 2021
Thankyou for taking the time to leave feedback and share your positive experience.
If your looking for a place that will wreck your mental health then this is the place for you. Low pay and toxic staff members that bully you on a daily basis but upper management don’t care as long as there numbers are met.
1 February 2021
Hello, I am concerned about the experience you have had during your time with us. We want our employees to feel supported and valued. Please let us talk with you about the issues you have raised. You can contact Employee.relations@nuffieldhealth.com
It was a good place to work but you knew if you were "normal" or management...not very good relationships and a lot of gossip. You could get work done and hit targets and talk to other departments but there was always a feeling of unease and like you were being looked down on by management.
1 March 2021
Personal trainers are under valued. Middle management is overworked. Everyone sleeps with each other. It’s a gossip factory full of crabs in a barrel.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Bad for your mental health.
1 March 2021
All the staff including the manager seemed to think they where above everyone else.No perks.No airflow in the office and if you complained of back ache or eye strain and you where NOT on salary they would tell you to find a new chair or adjust your screen, not buy you a new one like the rest of the staff or give screen covers to protect from blue light. Treat you like a mule if you’re young too.
1 March 2021
I would not recommend Nuffield Health to anyone, no matter how desperate you need a job, they're beyond a joke!They claim to have a 'work together' family like ethos but nothing can be further from the truth! It's very much a place where you either fit in & are liked or you don't & are disliked, very 'clicky'. Training is non existent, very rushed with no structure in place, expected to just 'get on with it'. No help or instructions from management & hardly ever spoke to them or saw them. The pay is insulting & is minimum wage but they expect maximum effort! No pay rise in years & no opportunity to progress, this didn't bother me as I was leaving anyway, not the job for me! Things I didn't like included constantly asking for things I required but never receiving them, only excuses. Also if you needed time off, the manager would always claim they're too busy & would come back to you but never did. You were expected to input your own hours on a system called workday which is useless, keeps locking you out, was complicated & I've never had a job before where you need to input your hours so thought this was strange.Hardest part of the job for me was simply being in work, I hated it & very quickly got another job elsewhere, better paid, better conditions & better employer. Best part of the job was when I quit!Horrendous company, glad I left!
Pros
When I Quit!
Cons
Poor Pay, no training
21 December 2020
It’s really disappointing to hear about your experience, we want our employees to feel supported and valued. If you would like to discuss this with us please contact Employee.relations@nuffieldhealth.com
Un bell'ambiente lavorativo e stimolante che ti da la possibilita' di cresere professionalmente per personalmente.
Pros
Utilizzo gratis di altre palestre Nuffield
I worked huge numbers of hours to build my business and did very well within just over a year. The fact you get paid for shifts allows you to at least earn a wage that pays the bills in the meantime. However, I took on an additional role, then was told that I wouldn’t be suitable to progress further, despite being very good at all 3 roles I was doing. (Lead, PT and group ex)I have paid for all of my own CPD and additional courses, the courses you get paid for aren’t applicable anywhere else so aren’t of use for moving to another company. After leaving my additional role, I took on a different additional role which supports the charity aspect of Nuffield. However, when you do this, the pay for the additional role effectively reduces your holiday pay in total so, it cost me £2000 in holiday pay in a year. I wasn’t aware of this despite asking why my holiday pay was “wrong” several times. I had never signed a contract or been informed of this “agreement”. It’s all part of the ruse of the business being a charity- really the staff are the charity. Even at top levels (delivering 25+ sessions per week) you still only take 52% of what your clients are paying. Considering some staff are extremely well qualified, there is no real recognition of this and staff turnover is high. Also, by employing too many PTs, they ensure that no one can build a big business and keep it for long. This gives them a greater cut of all the PTs money that they are bringing in. I personally have 6 managers at any given time that I need to answer to and it is frustrating that my “rent” pays their salaries - more...
Pros
Health care
Cons
Poor pay, poor atmosphere, being punished financially for taking on extra roles, no training applicable outside NH, long hours
Very bad place to work if you want to progress! They still have paper/pen system, so 100 years behind! Forget about the pay rise if you are not in their clicky group (sometimes even that doesn't help). Unsupportive management, which don't care about you and you can hear/feel you are replaceable almost all the time. No proper benefits.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Pay, lack of opportunities to progress, bad management
I was a general porter in the Bristol hospital for 2 years when the management changed I was then bullied into becoming a theatre porter.Shifts were all over the place and you never knew what you were doing day to day and also doing the job of other staff roles.
awfull company to work for Miserable management Gossip makers , never listen to your problems. Promise you things will get better , Never do, Plus signs are you meet some really nice customers .
Pros
use of gym
Cons
Dirty, very ill managed
  1. Employee reviews