Nuffield Health

Nuffield Health Employee Reviews

United Kingdom437 reviews

gymmembershipprogressionhealthwhilstlovelyrolemember

Supportive

Very understaffed leading to upset customers. But supportive team leaders. Can work from home or from the office. Epsom. Very basic wage for the job doing.

Average

Need a pay increase for unsociable hours and looked down on by other staff members. Clean team leader was lovely though and made everyone feel welcome.

Insights into Nuffield Health

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

Not what I expected

So many people quit when I was working there.Alot of people quit during the training. I found myself asking for help but not necessarily getting the help I needed.The managers were to busy to deal with the team..I left after 4 months due to stress

Lots of responsibility

Very heavy workload. Lots of responsibility. Low morale. High staff turnover. Good benefits, including private health care. Salary lower than similar in the NHS. Management fairly useless.

Great possiblities, but not worth the effort in remuneration

It is a lovely environment and most of the people there are great. But just like every where in any medical setting in the UK, the world's responsibilties anr required to do your job but the remuniration is not even worth getting out of bed.The political climate amongst workers is very toxic.

Pros

Poor, poor pay, long hours, politics

Cons

could be a lovely place to work. Beatiful facilities

No support from management and seniors

I used to work for Nuffield for the emotional wellbeing department. Unfortunately, the management and seniors don't support their own employees when it comes to any issues in relation to mental health. But instead employees are accused of deliberately taking time off despite having medical evidence and then threatened that staff will lose their job due temporary health issues.Management only care about meeting targets and company profits. So much backbiting and employees are not recognised for their hard work but instead they are recognised based on staff friendship outside of work.I loved helping and supporting patients though. Its a shame management anx most importantly the manager needs to changeIf you want lack of support, increased stress, humiliation from management then please do apply otherwise save your self respect

Family feel atmosphere but low pay

I loved my team at Nuffield that was the hardest part leaving. Great benefits like private health care and free membership. Was on a fixed rota so always knew when I was working and they aren’t to strict about taking holiday. The only thing is the pay is not great. Nice company to work for and free parking

Amazing if you have the right General Manager

I was hired by a GM who had run the club for almost two decades. He was progressive, supportive, and yet overall just knew what it needed to get the best from his team. Hands down the best man manager I've ever worked with. Sadly he left 18 months into my employment, and was replaced by someone who was less about people, more about the pound (ironically this meant commercial performance suffered drastically). On the face of it, the new GM was a good man - but a weak leader, the definition of a company Yes Man. The job was hard - I started as Operations Manager, also covering a Fitness Management vacancy - within three months I had both roles full time and had also been given responsibility for Group Exercise after the Studio Coordinator left, and Swim School management. I did eventually shake off some of the Ops Management (well, the clean team) but it is telling that when I left the company they hired three people to run the areas I covered by myself. I guess others weren't keen on working 50 hours flat out a week to hit targets.

Pros

great organisation, training, career progression, and support centrally

Cons

hard work, ok money if you only work your 40 hours, work/life balance is hard, You need a good General Manager

Needs higher pay for staff

A great place to work but the pay really needs looking into if they want to keep there staff especially with the cost of living going up. The responsibility and the work load we have is exhausting with no benefit at the end of it

Relaxed but very professional

Nuffield has a very relaxed and friendly working environment whilst remaining very professional. Training is very good and opportunities to further your career are fully supported. Staff restaurant is delicious!

Pros

Supportive, friendly, relaxed environment, professional

Cons

Not a great hourly rate for healthcare skills

Productive and fun opportunities for progression

I enjoyed my time working for nuffield health The staff and management were all very polite and helpful I understood my medical condition offering me additional support to support my job role within the company

Pros

Helpful staff

Cons

Weekend basis shift

Ok place

Nice team and patients. Salary not on par with similar private locations. Some favouritism in management. Unsure what else to write. Free car parking.

Nuffield Healthcare

A great place to work, feel like a family unit.The only downside is the wages very poor for what you do.It is a very warm happy place, it is diverse and culturally correct.The management do there best for the staff, st times it is very busy and we do have staff shortages.

Pros

Health care is great

Cons

Wages

Enjoyed the work.

Good shift pattern. Not stressful environment. Pay ok. Vehicles were maintained well. Overall good company to work for. Unfortunately no permanent job, just agency coverage.

Management very rude and unhelpful

Don’t work for Nuffield Health, staff and management are totally unhelpful. Refuse to explain things more than twice. After that you get we have shown you how to do that so you should know it. Although it is working from home it is a horrible company to work for. The training is at best fragmented, with very complex / complicated systems which they do not train you on properly or correctly.

Pleasant atmosphere

One big advantage of working at Nuffield Health is that you get to know the whole team. The ethos is a can do one and positivity is encouraged. You will certainly work hard for your money but backed by a team who do the same. Any difficulties you share with your team leader will be dealt with, health needs will be adapted to, and perks offered on a regular basis.

Great place to work need some process improvement but overall everyone is helpful and good management. it was very fast paces but management was helpful

Quite good

Generally a good place to work as an RGN. Heavy work load some days and everyone is under pressure to get through the shift. Management play the blame game for any errors caused through work pressure.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Long days - heavy work load

Fun

Great place to work with great benefits. My manager is very supportive. I get membership which is a great benefit. I have worked there for several years and really enjoy the atmosphere and my colleagues

Not what it seems, very dissapointing

When I first started I was excited and raring to go. This was a mistake as I saw so many red flags show up during the first week. . It was my first Duty manager job and I was very excited to start. It became apparent that in reality the job was not a duty manager job, you are a receptionist/sales consultant. Despite the very high charges to customers, staff are paid minimum wage no matter your qualifications and the extra you do for the company. Management left the worst taste in my mouth following working here. Management were all over the place and really cared about themselves. This really showed in the rota, the rota was poor and unfair as when you finally score a weekend off or doing more earlies then lates, the rota would be changed at the very last second and you'll be expected to work. ZERO work life balance, I was told in my interveiw that I would be doing every other weekend but instead I was working every weekend not to mention 4-7 lates a week. I was working 6-7 days most weeks, they even had me work a 9 day week before. Your life will be based around the accomodations and personal lives of managers so be prepared to give your life up. I was honestly reduced to tears in this place, every time coming home I felt deflated and worthless to the point I dreaded coming back the next day.From the moment the attitudes of the company were made very clear to me, management are power happy and love to pick and humiliate you. There quick to point out your mistakes but never praise any progress that you make. Hard workers are not valued but instead picked on and those who -

Pros

Free gym and some people did make working here bearable

Good place

Good place To work with progression routes too go down. Some issues with rewarding staff and no regular pay reviews too make sure staff stay and feel appreciated but it’s ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuffield Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nuffield Health with

Learn about Nuffield Health in popular locations

• Nuffield Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?