Nurseplus

Nurseplus Employee Reviews

Featured review
Nurseplus selected this as a representative review
I never thought, I could/would work for an agency. Coming from Germany, I had so far learned a lot in the UK, good and bad experiences, but had not found my feet in British nursing in nearly four years. Starting with Nurse Plus last December, they sent me out quite regularly - after appropriate induction training - to two really nice care homes, where I was made feel welcome, was supported by all staff and settled quickly into the homes’ routine. Most important... for the majority of time/at the busiest time in these homes, there are 2 registered nurses on shift + very helpful, skilled and capable care and other staff! We all know, there are allocations, where this is not always the case. Booking shifts with Nurse Plus is uncomplicated, you give out your availability for 2 weeks/a month, you will get a list with available shifts, days, nights, earlies, and lates, all via email, and sometimes you get an urgent call, if you can cover an emergency. All mails are confirmed, when received, and for ease, have these 3 answer buttons for quick click and send... You can call into Nurse Plus from 06:30h until 22:30h to speak to someone and they will listen! Uniform for free, easy/basic payslips, you take a picture of the payslip and send it via email, once you finished work and it is signed or before the weekly deadline, payment spot on time - weekly, PAYE-System for taxes (well you pay some more than employee-rate, but you can claim it back, I guess). So far I have mostly come home from 6-12 hour shifts - well - tired, but not exhausted, however, feeling content and happy, knowing, - more...
I worked with the company on and off for a year , and enjoyed what I did . Learned a few things I didn't know , everyone in the office is very helpful and accomidating.there are.plenty of shifts available with them, but as you are you're own person u get to chose when and where you work but that's the only downside as if you are not available or turn something down you won't get called up for more jobs or be at the bottom of the list. But I did enjoy my time there the money was good and everyone was nice
Pros
Plenty of shifts available
Cons
If you turn down a shift or are not available then less likely to get offered more
I would not recommend working for this agency.They book you into shift then frequently cancel them. All they care about is their contracts with the clients ,they do not care about their workers unfortunately.I found the management and agency staff are extremely rude and pushy.Worst nursing agency I've ever worked for. They pay you a lot less than advertised.
Pros
Support work available
Cons
Aggressive and unsupportive management
I worked for Nurseplus for just over a year. I found that once the team knew me, they placed me in assignments which really suited me. I couldn't fault the management or the work.
Pros
Freedom to choose shifts to fit in with homelife
Cons
12 hour shifts - if you consider that a con
You are appreciated and not just a number plus the staff in the office are very accommodating to fit around my life, they are very helpful and understanding
Management was respectful and making me feel valuable. Provided lot of shifts.I keep good memories about working there. Also interactions and working together within nurse Plus team of support workers was a very good experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
I joined nurseplus as was told it was a premier agency but for the last six to 12 months the services you are asked to work in are really bad. I worked here as a carer but was always been put at risk. Homes with not enough staff, no ppe, no real training is given just fill out a book and then when you phone office to tell them they just say you have to do it because you are agency worker but that shouldn’t mean you have to work in places that are not safe and nice. Some nice services too but not many. I think it’s more about how much money they can make not about caring about the staff. I know agency means you go to places that are understaffed but you should be able to report poor practices. The pay is ok and you get paid on time and get a free uniform. It’s just not the same as it was when I joined. I’ve gone to another job place now and there is still some bad services but at least when I tell the office they listen and make sure they speak to the service to make it better for you and the service users.
Pros
Moneys ok
Cons
Not much support for carers
Ive been registered with Nurse plus for about 6 months and i do not have any complaints. The manager and branch staff are all really friendly. They are honest aswell, if its a quieter week and a home currenlty doesnt need they tell me and offer me work elsewhere. I have sometimes had to travel outside of Hull to Driffield or Hessle but easy transport links meant this wasnt a problem and meant i was still able to pick up hours each week. The office staff do offer block bookings where available and do restrict you to one or two services so you can remain where you like rather than having to go to a new home every shift. Its still agency so the hours fluxuate depending on what the homes need but in my personal experience this is the best agency i have worked with for consistency and communication.
Pros
Cooperative staff, Holiday pay
Cons
0 hour contract but that is any agency
this company is just perfect they are really good, pay is good and all is good. morever the hours that we work are fexible. we can choose and say when we are free and select the day and time.
Pros
free traveling if going far
Cons
I worked for Nurseplus for 2 years and received nothing but support and guidance. I was based in the Hull office with two amazing colleagues. We knew exactly how one another worked and worked proactively together to get the job done.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nurseplus?
Very good company, the staff at Salisbury branch are very friendly and helpful. Very professional team.Pay is good I never work and not get paid my weekly wages is always on time.
Pros
Weekly updates
Cons
Good hours
I have been working for Nurseplus Newcastle Branch for the past few months since moving to the North East.Working as a nurse for Nurseplus is great for me as I have greater control around when and where I can work. I have more freedom around the hours I work.I actually spend time nursing and not spend time emailing, or endure increasing workloads and time pressures.I enjoy a much greater diversity of co workers and patients.The best part of working for Nurseplus Newcastle are the amazing managers, these wonderful ladies truly care about all their staff. They value their employees perspectives, they provide consistent feedback and coaching; with 💯 support.These ladies are truly inspirational, kind, understanding, caring, approachable and empowering. Thank you Newcastle branch
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Need a good sat nav
I currently work for Nurseplus and have enjoyed it since day 1! The clients are lovely and staff in the office are lovely as well. All very friendly and welcoming.
Although an experienced carer, I'd never worked for an agency before and had reservations, but nurseplus were great. A thorough interview process, everything well explained and a positive vibe throughout.The onsite training was very good, I thought my old allied healthcare training was good, but this was certainly on a par.Although I didn't particularly enjoy the places I worked at, I had no concerns or complaints with nurseplus at all and would recommend them to anyone. Nice tunic too!
Pros
Training, support
Cons
I mainly work as a support worker in Bournemouth area. Nurseplus has given me these chances and opportunities to fulfill myself in working with young people who need a little support in their own lifes. I couldn't imagine how important this could be to me. Nurseplus is made up of people who are disposed, professional and understanding. These people give you an umbrella and they don't take it away when it's raining! I recommend it primarily to those who are looking for professional job and quiet mind ❣️
Pros
Training, pay rate, plenty of shifts
Cons
No concerns 🤗
Working at NursePlus has been really rewarding. They provide free training, and free uniforms. Booking shifts with NursePlus is not complicated, you send in your availability for the week or up to a month and they send you a list of available shifts. You choose which you want and it’s confirmed. You can always call the office and someone will be on hand to talk to you.
Pros
Flexible work week
I'm happy to be a member of this great agency because they go out of their way just to sort you out, provide you with enough shift and always they to help. one of the best agency I have work for and happy to be here and can recommend Nurseplus anytime anyday to anyone. They're tested and trusted🙂
Cons
I've worked in care for a number of years. Working in care comes with it's own stresses, but its very rewarding and you do fall in love with the job. Being apart of a well led company, supports you through those stresses. I Absolutely love working for Nurseplus. I work with the Halifax branch, until I'm able to find full time employment. I have to admit it's such a pleasure to work within this company, and I most likely will stick with them even after I get full time employment. The office team are amazing, they make all the staff feel like we're in one big family; very approachable, friendly and kind - always just a call, text or email away. They always make you feel supported and ensure you have the shifts you want and need. They employ the best staff with the right values, as all Nurseplus staff I've met and worked alongside are wonderful, providing such a high standard of care for the people we support. The training is very good, and you can't complain about the pay.
Pros
Plenty of work, great team, good pay and good training to start you off.
Cons
None.
Everyone has been really nice and friendly. I can call and ask for help or advice and its never too much bother to them. There are shifts when I want them and they make sure I know what I'm doing qt each allocation. Really great culture
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
More shifts outside of Norwich
I've been registered with Nurse Plus for 6 months now and I can't say enough good things about this company. They are very reliable and plenty of work is offered with notice, so you can work out your schedule for 2 weeks ahead. I love that I can manage my time efficiently around my personal life. You have the option to choose your shifts according to your needs.Very good pay rate, I can say it is the highest pay rate I've been on for this city and for this type of job, plus you are getting paid every Friday which is very handy and always paid on time. I also love the Annual Leave allowance scheme which is earn as you work. Admin staff and Management are always more than happy to help and they are very friendly and supportive. I would definitely recommend to work for Nurse Plus.
Pros
Good pay rate and all the above
Cons
I honestly don't have any cons. I am still happy 6 months later
I enjoy working with Nurseplus’ because of the flexibility and cooperative relationship between the management and staffs. I have control over my time and my shifts are always available
  1. Employee reviews