Nurseplus
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Nurseplus Employee Reviews

Featured review
Nurseplus selected this as a representative review
I never thought, I could/would work for an agency. Coming from Germany, I had so far learned a lot in the UK, good and bad experiences, but had not found my feet in British nursing in nearly four years. Starting with Nurse Plus last December, they sent me out quite regularly - after appropriate induction training - to two really nice care homes, where I was made feel welcome, was supported by all staff and settled quickly into the homes’ routine. Most important... for the majority of time/at the busiest time in these homes, there are 2 registered nurses on shift + very helpful, skilled and capable care and other staff! We all know, there are allocations, where this is not always the case. Booking shifts with Nurse Plus is uncomplicated, you give out your availability for 2 weeks/a month, you will get a list with available shifts, days, nights, earlies, and lates, all via email, and sometimes you get an urgent call, if you can cover an emergency. All mails are confirmed, when received, and for ease, have these 3 answer buttons for quick click and send... You can call into Nurse Plus from 06:30h until 22:30h to speak to someone and they will listen! Uniform for free, easy/basic payslips, you take a picture of the payslip and send it via email, once you finished work and it is signed or before the weekly deadline, payment spot on time - weekly, PAYE-System for taxes (well you pay some more than employee-rate, but you can claim it back, I guess). So far I have mostly come home from 6-12 hour shifts - well - tired, but not exhausted, however, feeling content and happy, knowing, - more...
Newcastle Branch.Benefits and salary are excellent. Sadly the workplace culture and attitude of the branch staff has changed drastically in the past year. I recently met up with a few other nurses from the branch and they all agree the branch staff have a terrible attitude. They are both arrogant and at times downright rude! For two women with absolutely no experience of the care profession, they should be more appreciative of the vast experience the nursing and care staff have got, yet they treat them as though they are inferior. They both appear immature and seem to mess up a lot of bookings which causes problems for the staff and also the services they are covering. What i will say, is that this is not representative of other branches of nurseplus. I came from another branch and they were amazing. I have also had a lot of dealings with the Durham branch as they cover for the Newcastle Branch a lot. Both staff there are respectful, proffessional, very approachable and a pleasure to deal with compared to their sister branch. What i would advise nursing or care staff is, definitely register with Nurseplus as they are a great company but do not sign up for Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Working as an HCA at Nurseplus has been the most rewarding job I have ever done! Providing care and making a real and direct impact on someone's life is a priceless experience and Nurseplus enabled me with the necessary tools to go out and do my job with full compassion and consideration! The team at Nurseplus is like a family and they are very understanding of any conditions you may have and can provide any support you need. My career in the health care industry has inspired me to become a teacher and I learned such transferable and pertinent skills such as patience, perseverance, time management, organisational skills and most importantly - a high degree of humility and respect! My time at Nurseplus will always be treasured and I hope to work again soon, I know that they will welcome me back with open arms as they are such a close-knit and supportive company!
Pros
Free training & flexible working hours
Cons
None :)
I have been registered with Nurse plus for nearly 3 years, I regularly get work each week with them and have recommended several friends to work for them!The office staff are all really friendly and supportive and even book covid tests weekly for us to ensure we are safe to work and not putting anyone at risk.I have done various roles with them including covid testing across different sites and everyone I speak to always speaks so highly of all the nurse plus staff and the professionalism shown by everyone.The office staff are busy but always find time to ask how you are and if you update your available days regularly they will do all they can to try and find you work, even during quieter periods due to covid.
Pros
Great management, good incentives
I'm a Registered Nurse and signed up late last year with this agency. I've only done a few shifts for Nurseplus since joining, however my experience has been very positive so far. Promptly paid, although did have to remind them to add mileage which got forgotten on 2 occasions, but was sorted quickly. The girls in the office (Taunton) are lovely, super helpful and also respond really quickly to emails and calls. I'm looking forward to picking up more work with you this year.
For people who are interested in flexible work, this company is a good place to start with special for students. Zero hours contract is not ideal for for people who want to stay in this company for long term job, useless they have other job with more security.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Zero hours contract
I initially applied to Salisbury office, as Andover didn't place Nurses. Saw a local advert for 'Nurse Plus Andover' , called the number.. Back to Salisbury with jobs available in and around that area. Joined anyway, no shifts despite being assured that Care Homes were NOT their feed.. They had very diverse projects in place... Nope. Nah. Nada. I was fully available for days or nights six days a week. Just a couple of calls late afternoon to ask if I could work that same evening. Claimed to have Covid testing roles nationwide, not one came my way, despite sending my availability in two weeks in advance. Unprofessional. Training was poor. All in all, I did one day training (unpaid) transferred my mandatory from another company as evidence, and for sweet bugger all from this 'team'. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Hah
Cons
Poor management
Really enjoyed this job, so many opportunities to work with all kinds of care, very good management always on hand to help always offered plenty work.
Pros
Excellent rate of pay, diplomas available.
Cons
Not any for me loved the job will go back one day when my child is older.
Home carer tasks include: food shopping, personal care, using equipements such as hoist, nursing tasks and administering medication.My experience as a home carer was the following: they have asked on the interview about my availability which I gave but after that they never stuck to it, and kept calling me to cover more and more calls. I was told I am not allowed to exlude weekend days from my availability. Since I didn't drive my hours spent with walking from one call to another was not paid, even though most of my calls started at 7am and ended at 10pm. I felt exhausted every day and they always tried to make me cover calls which were far away from where I live and they haven't payed fro taxi either.
Pros
On site trainings for medication and manual handling, Good team
Cons
Long hours which are not paid, lack of communication from management, management don't stick to your available hours
Good agency to work got they have plenty of work especially if your willing to travel. They don’t put you under pressure to take yo shift. Good training
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Distance for some shifts
A very professional agency who ensure you are well trained before sending you out to work with loads of shifts available depending on your availability.The team is very approachable, supportive and understanding with a brilliant senior manager at the helm.This is the best team I ever worked for. x
Pros
Lots of shifts, great support and communication
Office staff friendly always try and get the family working hours I need. Managers sent me a thank you card for hard work as they had had positive feedback about my work. Although they obviously want the clients in they are all for their staff and will sort out any problems to try and maintain staff and keep them happy, and if you go to the office for any reason always even when busy very friendly and makes you a cup of tea Cant fault nurseplus great place to work very supportive and friendly. Never worked for an agency that cares about their staff so much.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
I have worked for Nurseplus for the last 6 months now and i couldn't fault them in any way. The staff in the Colchester branch have gone above and beyond to help me find regular work which i really enjoy doing as i feel i am making a difference to someones life which in turn is very rewarding. When ever i visit the Colchester office the staff are always very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The management always have time to listen to their staff which i have found quite rare in my previous employments. I would recommend working at Nurseplus as you not only get flexibility and support but also you are made to feel like a valuable member of staff.
Pros
Made to feel valued, flexibility, very rewarding
I have worked for Colchester branch for 3 years and i throughly enjoy every minute, the staff are amazing, friendly and very supportive. I give my availability and there are always plenty of shifts and no pressure. When visiting the branch they are always friendly and chatting i feel right at home and have a cuppa with them. Best company i have ever worked for
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
no cons
Unable to work at current job abroad so decided to sign up for work at home in UK expecting plenty of availability. Poor communication and lengthy sign up process where you have to drive to their offices just to fill in forms when they could be sent via email. No one wearing masks except me. Beware the 24 page workbook for RNs, it will take hours to complete and you still have to attend a 2 hour training session on site. Staff appear inexperienced and unable to answer simple questions. The one who is experienced appears stand offish and defensive frequently. Once signed up, no work. Staff deny receiving emails and rude when you question them. I was deceived for weeks before someone told me on the phone, there is no work for you, don't bother calling. Then they call you saying there's exciting opportunities coming up but then revert to the no work excuse when you follow it up. Registered interest in September, still no work unfortunately. I am a very reasonable person and this is a true account of my experiences though I won't deny this has been therapeutic during a reasonably stressful time.
Pros
Tbc
Cons
no work available, poor staff professionalism, lengthy sign up process
Amazing friendly and dedicated company to work with and now alongside. I have recommended a few friends that have join and they either still work there.
Cons
I didnt drive at the time so sometimes it was hard to pick up shifts
Flexible, understanding. I'd recommend working for nurseplus, bare in mind this is agency work so you're not guaranteed hours. The pay is good and the training is brilliant (I've done my fair share of training and this is one of the best of the basics). If you're willing to travel and able to work the hours, you'll do well. Development opportunities.
Pros
Good pay
I worked for nurse plus for just over 3 years. It was a good starting point to work in community care and they do offer extra training if you are willing to put the effort in. The office team at the Gosport branch where fantastic and always offered help when you needed it. Always got the hours I requested and the pay is good for the job. The only downside is that you don’t get paid for mileage and the travel time between calls is only 5 minutes and some of the houses are a distance apart.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, extra training, good office team
Cons
Zero hours, no paid mileage, limited travel time
Since joining Nurseplus l cannot recommend them highly enough. They are great at communicating, super supportive and always offer me plenty of work since joining them. They have a flexible approach also which suits me and my lifestyle. The Salisbury team are amazing.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Training isn't paid
Barely any shifts. Promised lots of shifts during interview but didn’t deliver. You can tell the lack of communication within administration. Don’t know why they are still advertising for vacancies when they can’t offer the ones employed with shifts. Not dependable at all.
Cons
Lack of shifts
I Joined Nurse Plus Liverpool in 2018 as RGN and I’m currently still working for them.Is such a great team, very supportive and understanding.They look after their nurses by ensuring everyone enough shifts trough out the week.Plenty of shifts available day or night.I couldn’t find a better place to work! I love the fact that I’m able to have a nice balance between private life and work.Definitely recommend!!!!
Pros
Bonus, plenty of shifts, friendly and professional office team
  1. Employee reviews