Nurseplus

Nurseplus Pay & benefits reviews

this company is just perfect they are really good, pay is good and all is good. morever the hours that we work are fexible. we can choose and say when we are free and select the day and time.
Pros
free traveling if going far
Cons
24 hour on call meaning you will have to answer the work phone from finishing at 5pm until you are back in the office at 8am the following day so you might as-well just stay in the office. Unbelievable amount of stressful and unachievable KPIs. No chance of progression whatsoever. Moody manager who had entire team walking on eggshells. Office team were nice just a shame about the company culture, poor salary, zero work life balance and the manager.
Pros
Nice office team
Cons
Salary, culture, manager, work life balance
Very good company, the staff at Salisbury branch are very friendly and helpful. Very professional team.Pay is good I never work and not get paid my weekly wages is always on time.
Pros
Weekly updates
Cons
Good hours
I've been registered with Nurse Plus for 6 months now and I can't say enough good things about this company. They are very reliable and plenty of work is offered with notice, so you can work out your schedule for 2 weeks ahead. I love that I can manage my time efficiently around my personal life. You have the option to choose your shifts according to your needs.Very good pay rate, I can say it is the highest pay rate I've been on for this city and for this type of job, plus you are getting paid every Friday which is very handy and always paid on time. I also love the Annual Leave allowance scheme which is earn as you work. Admin staff and Management are always more than happy to help and they are very friendly and supportive. I would definitely recommend to work for Nurse Plus.
Pros
Good pay rate and all the above
Cons
I honestly don't have any cons. I am still happy 6 months later
Newcastle Branch.Benefits and salary are excellent. Sadly the workplace culture and attitude of the branch staff has changed drastically in the past year. I recently met up with a few other nurses from the branch and they all agree the branch staff have a terrible attitude. They are both arrogant and at times downright rude! For two women with absolutely no experience of the care profession, they should be more appreciative of the vast experience the nursing and care staff have got, yet they treat them as though they are inferior. They both appear immature and seem to mess up a lot of bookings which causes problems for the staff and also the services they are covering. What i will say, is that this is not representative of other branches of nurseplus. I came from another branch and they were amazing. I have also had a lot of dealings with the Durham branch as they cover for the Newcastle Branch a lot. Both staff there are respectful, proffessional, very approachable and a pleasure to deal with compared to their sister branch. What i would advise nursing or care staff is, definitely register with Nurseplus as they are a great company but do not sign up for Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Good agency to work got they have plenty of work especially if your willing to travel. They don’t put you under pressure to take yo shift. Good training
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Distance for some shifts
Flexible, understanding. I'd recommend working for nurseplus, bare in mind this is agency work so you're not guaranteed hours. The pay is good and the training is brilliant (I've done my fair share of training and this is one of the best of the basics). If you're willing to travel and able to work the hours, you'll do well. Development opportunities.
Pros
Good pay
I worked for nurse plus for just over 3 years. It was a good starting point to work in community care and they do offer extra training if you are willing to put the effort in. The office team at the Gosport branch where fantastic and always offered help when you needed it. Always got the hours I requested and the pay is good for the job. The only downside is that you don’t get paid for mileage and the travel time between calls is only 5 minutes and some of the houses are a distance apart.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, extra training, good office team
Cons
Zero hours, no paid mileage, limited travel time
Well a lot of trainings until COV19 strike out than just the minimum. Not to many places to be booked, no transportation provided or compensation for transport (not for all of us at least).
Pros
Ear to hear and deal if you face problems at work.
Cons
Not enough or minimum amount of hours per week
I have worked for agencies for a number of years, mainly for the flexibility it allows me. I have been with Nurse plus for 8 months and honestly they are a breath of fresh air in comparison to others. They are the only agency of the 3 I am registered who have been able to provide me regular shifts throughout this challenging period. The office staff show a genuine interest in giving you work and actively go out trying to find work for us. I would recommend Nurse plus to everyone! Holiday pay is not paid as part of wage so you can save up and claim actually holiday pay when you need time off which is great as some agencies just pay a small holiday allowance in hourly rate.
Pros
Good homes, supportive office staff
Agency so could be placed anywhere to work, some staff in establishments take advantage of this situation. Some good places to work some not so good.
Always tried my beat and sorted out a lot of the problems. Some work experience girl came in I was asked to teach her my job. Next thing I new my job was no longer required and I was replaced by her. I felt degraded they way it was done there was no reason just that my job was no longer requires!! I would not recommend them as a company!
Pros
Salary
Cons
A daycosists of meeting good people who care about their job. Always have support in shifts and somebody to talk to if any issues Can be a bit stressful especially working with mental health service users But always have a laugh with staff and get along with them
Pros
Free Tea / Food
Cons
Would like more work
My round is mostly around the area I live so I don't have to travel far.I prefer to go to the same clients every day so I'm very happy with my job but I know others like to vary the clients they visit.Supervision meetings and appraisals are held regularly so any issues can be discussed,although the office is always open for us to pop in if we have any problems or questions. The hours are good.You give your availability and then,if the clients are avat,you'll get the hoursIf you want to change your availability you have to give two weeks notice.Pay is weekly and paid into your bank.There is a pension scheme. My job is quite varied.Every day I help clients to wash or shower, do housework,go shopping,cook dinner and always have a chat.You have got to be a "people" person to like this job but if you are you'll love it! My
Pros
Flexible hours, Work as much or little as you want., Holiday pay.
Cons
Sometimes you lose hours but that can't be helped if clients go into hospital etc, not much travelling time between clients.
Having been furloughed from my job. I decided at 7 weeks into not working. I rang Nurse Plus. I did the training and out in the community you go. You get support from the office. Free uniform, flexible working times to suit you..Weekly pay. Would recommend working for them
Pros
weekly pay, free uniform, free training
Cons
lack of travel time, can be long days
I was looking for some extra work in care and Nurseplus was just what I needed, decent hourly pay and enough work offered for my availability. Weekly pay and nice office team.
Nurseplus is the best company I have worked for. Management are always there to support you and answer any questions you may have. Wages are above minimum wage and if you put the effort in you see the benefits. I was worried that with being on a zero hour contract I wouldn't have many hours, however nurseplus have always made sure I have full time hours to suit me. Support from the company is brilliant and they always appreciate the hard work you do.
Pros
supportive management and weekly pay
The staff that works there is really nice and you feel like a team. There is always help around. They always help each other , fridays you can dress down
Pros
Benefits, commision
Too relaxed no clear line manager, expect too much of you no understanding of home issues , family life expect staff to work long days and do not sympathise if a problem occurs
Pros
Weekly paid
Cons
Oncall is never answered
Pay is consistent with the sector and job role only been working there for a month or so but found no difficulty finding works hours around my availability
They are family and experience team to work with pay on time arlet you to have your holiday pay weekly pay slips on time acknowledg and appreciate workers at the end of every year free uniforms as and when you want as much as you want