NURSING & MIDWIFERY COUNCIL

NURSING & MIDWIFERY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Good People, Good Culture

It's a place where you can make friends and enjoy good work relationship with colleagues. It's a place where the team cares a lot about employees and encourage flexible working.

Fun place to work in

I enjoyed my time at the NMC and met great people. I found the job interesting and challenging at times which was a great experience for me. The role was very customer focused in which I was already aware of in my previous roles.

Poor

Was treated like a lacky, as a contractor was not allowed anytime off the manager was power drunk they formed some kind of cartel as most of the staff know eachother from previous jobs and recommendations for courses was not fairly distributed was totally biased.

fun learning experience

Overall I enjoyed my time at NMC, and I deal with admin as well as call centre duties. I had a good working relationship with clients and managers and was given good working materials

Stimulating and challenging environment

They offer a good benefits package and training opportunities for staff at all levels.

Pros

Centrally located and good co-workers

Cons

Challenging stakeholders

Hard to progress and longevity is not rewarded

There is a click culture at the NMC. People who seem to work really hard get overlooked by people who are consistently incompetent at their work. Progression is hard and you have to be "in" with the right crowd. A senior manager stole roughly ÂŁ7k of nurses and midwives fees, he lost his job and that was that. You can also get away with having a drink of alcohol at your desk, while your colleagues are working hard. If you are lazy and terrible at your job, you will more than likely get promoted.

Pros

Good holidays

Cons

Too many

Challenging

No two days are the same. Every case is different and offers its own rewards. I have gained a lot of transferable skills working at the NMC as well as improving on my report writing and investigation skills. I have grown into a more confident and competent investigator. My colleagues make the organisation a great place to work at and we are all supportive of each others strength and weaknesses. The hardest part of my job is knowing that a client has been sanctioned and for that has to resort to benefits to provide for their families. The best part of my job is knowing that I have done my job which reflects the ethos of the NMC which is to safeguard the health and well-being of the general public.

Pros

Flexible working patterns