O'Neill & Brennan

O'Neill & Brennan Employee Reviews

Professional consultantsWages are always what they state.Would definitely recommend to anyone.Even if they have one day shift or longer they always as honest as can be. I'm based in Crawley West Sussex
Pros
Always paid on time
Cons
Need longer placement
8 April 2021
Thank you for your review, its great to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We always will try to get our workers on long term placements and will try to keep them working in the mean time whilst one becomes available to ensure they aren't out of work.
Good company to work for. Always do their best to sort any issues that arise and are always fair. Work for some high end jobs in the area also. Have kept me going for the past couple of years
8 April 2021
It's great to hear you have enjoyed working with us over the past couple of years. We always do our best to be as fair and as honest as possible.
A typical day at work is there is always something to do. Process and Procedure is important. Working as part of a team is important. A good workplace culture with an excellent management team willing to listen to your contribution in the progression of the company. The hardest part of my job is finding the right candidates with the right skill set. The most enjoyable part of my job is setting up a site from the ground up and seeing the good and positive work come out of that and the appreciation by those candidates placed into suitable positions. Then last but not least, the recognition of our good work by the clients.
Pros
Kitchen facilities ie, microwave, water, cups, plates and cutlery
Cons
Traffic
8 April 2021
We always aim to ensure our employees and site workers get the recognition they deserve.
A great place to work day to day, great colleagues and management. Constantly developing and give you everything you need to be successful.Feel like you are part of one of the best Construction recruitment agencies.
8 April 2021
O&B will always look to further invest in our employees development and ensure they are given the best tools, training, and advice possible in order to carry out their duties to the full.
A typical day at O'Neill & Brennan will alter per division but for blue and white collar consultants it usually has a mix of office time and time spent out site or office visits meeting clients. This gives a nice balance to your day of being both in and outside the office. At OB we try and meet as many of our candidates and clients face to face to offer a personal service which has always served us well in the past.
Pros
Lots of engagement with clients
8 April 2021
Its very important at O&B that we meet our candidates to assure quality, experience and they have a personality that all matches our clients request before sending them to client site. We find this personal approach is the best to building long term relationships with both the client and candidates !
I started work for them, job was OK... Till I got my first payslip. 9h per week is disappeared!!! Guys on site been same time, but got paid different hours. They will be nice with you till they need your, after that they steal your money.
Pros
Non
Cons
Wrong wages
8 April 2021
We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience with us. We hope that by now it has been resolved. If you need anything please contact our office and we will do our best to get you back working and paid correctly.
They are very organised and reliable to work with them. Am really satisfied with the management teams because they are ready to help you out in kind of any problem.
Pros
No free lunch
8 April 2021
Thank you for your review, our teams always work so hard to ensure our site workers do not bump into any problems along the way.
Forgot to phone me at the interview stage and I missed the start date. Was then offered a position I wasn’t qualified for. They dont answer their phone or text messages or emails. Reported my issues but no response. Was through them for 2 years and not even a call when my contract was finished. They’re just no use.
Pros
Glad I’m finished with them
Cons
They don’t give a toot about you
Offered job as a telehandler, went to work just to find out that there are two more guys came for the same position... Absolute liars, don't trust a word they say.
Oneil and brennan is a good place to work for biginners To aquire skill and experience . It was really good working with oneil and brennan . It makes me to know and have contact with different discipline of people
Advertised as 5 year contract Attended induction miles from home and only given 1 weeks work Found out they were waiting for their own drivers to finish another project. Unprofessional and dishonest.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest and unprofessional
They are an agency i am signed up with. they got me a good job witch lasted for some time so i would recommend signing up with them. also they keep in touch about other work that might be more suitable for me.
Pros
lots of jobs to choose from.
Cons
Agency work
O’Neil and Brennan is by far the worst agency iv ever worked for they will tell you they have a long period job then drop it on you the day you start that’s it’s only for a week and that your covering someone else’s work I would not recommend anyone to use them I work along side a gang of labourers and we are all very hard working guys half way through the day I got a text saying no longer needed when I had just started the same day stay clear away from this agency they will lie to you just to get a worker on a site to make them look good
I started work on the fawley oil refinery for O'Neill and Breenan in November and was told there is no more work at Christmas break. Work only lasted short of 4 weeks. Absolutely disgusted after been told there guaranteed work for minimum of 1year and was potential of 2+years work. Do not work for these people. They fill you up with promises about job security. Its complete nonsense. I have worked for agency's previously and they have kept to their word about job length of time.
You give 100% and the company laughs at you. Still not good enough and want more!!!! Senior managers have tight purse strings offer of NO pay rise / development after 4 years. even when beating all expectations
Comment – 6 January 2020
Thank you for your review, your feedback has been passed on to the relevant department. If you have any further issues, please contact hr@oandb.co.uk
Do not ever work for this scammers. Worst Agency ever. Umbrella and fees will collect your 70%+ of your money I worked for about 1 year d never took anything of that i paid. Holidays?? Umbrella?? P60?? Nothing at all. They just collect money
Comment – 6 January 2020
1. An agency has to pay you by law. That is whether the client pays them or not. 2. Any incorrect hours will be the clients fault and will be rectified on the next pay run, (maximum) weekly pay/monthly pay. (Maximum) 3. An agent works for you...... 4. You don't work for the agency.....hence the umbrella and payroll ...... 5. Form N316 Form EX324 explains the whole process. ..... (( Including if the payment of the court one off fee is to waivered. The fee must be proven it will cause the plaintiff that's the person bringing the case that of any financial hardships. So free if an agy previous has done the same thieving Director trick, of I won't pay him/her because I didn't like them. 6. Have you noticed that clock machines have been computerised. Kind of not easy to proof your hours at work. Here is a tip that works. Photo with your phone the evidence, use call recording when you call that slippery agent. Use it for all calls to them. Keep the language tasteful. You do not have to tell them it is recorded at all. True words. Keep receipts, tickets all evidence pertaining to the journey to the temporary job. 6. And my favourite. By company law you can request a visit to the directors premises to view his activity pertaining to work. Always I good time to drop the area office that dropped you in it with your own bills and payments that left you in debt. 7. Keep polite and professional all the way the law is on your side and you still have your employment rights. 8. Holiday pay must be highlighted to you in the first engagement of a contract 1day 1001 days. It is - more...
Comment – 6 January 2020
i was told it was going to be £18 a hour but they do not tell you they cut so you end up wit £14 a hour before tax. Told me loads of work and finished after 2 days. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY ITS ALL A CON!!!
Comment – 6 January 2020
I have never worked before for such a bad company. They tell you a good rate per hour, but they do not explain what is inside this pay rate. I had to pay for my expenses ( as everyone does ) and as well for the companies HMRC! In the pay per hour, your holiday is included in it and they never mention it until you get paid. To make it a little easier to understand. I was working for £10.5 per hour and the money that I was earning was £7.55 per hour. I was very unsatisfied with their employees as well, I had to text them 3 times and call twice to get a copy of my contract.
Comment – 25 October 2019
Was told I would have 3 to 5 weeks work as a labourer at £10.50. Job was only 3 days and was never going to be more. Not answering calls or responding to messages. Don't know if I'm going to get paid or not. Other Labourer that started day after me came as a ground worker for same promise of length of work but was only required for 2 days and as a labourer only. Think they'll say any sort of rubbish to get you on site.
Comment – 17 October 2019
Thank you for your review, your feedback has been passed on to the relevant department. If you have any further issues, then please contact hr@oandb.co.uk
they didnt deliver on promises and set unrealistic goals which changed constantly. chaotic senior management and family run business with clear favourites
Comment – 25 October 2019