O'Neill & Brennan logo

O'Neill & Brennan Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Ok

This agency is not the best of agencies as they made you work long hours for a low wage. They didnt really show a care for thier employees, more for getting the job done and reaching thier deadlines. It was mainly logistics the agency covered.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low wage, short breaks

Productive and realiable

They are very organised and reliable to work with them. Am really satisfied with the management teams because they are ready to help you out in kind of any problem.

Pros

No free lunch

– 8 April 2021
Thank you for your review, our teams always work so hard to ensure our site workers do not bump into any problems along the way.

£68 per day as a ipaf Operator spending 13 hours every day for nothing

Do not ever work for this scammers. Worst Agency ever. Umbrella and fees will collect your 70%+ of your money I worked for about 1 year d never took anything of that i paid. Holidays?? Umbrella?? P60?? Nothing at all. They just collect money

– 6 January 2020
Thank you for your review, your feedback has been passed on to the relevant department. If you have any further issues, please contact hr@oandb.co.uk

Do not work for this company

I have never worked before for such a bad company. They tell you a good rate per hour, but they do not explain what is inside this pay rate. I had to pay for my expenses ( as everyone does ) and as well for the companies HMRC! In the pay per hour, your holiday is included in it and they never mention it until you get paid. To make it a little easier to understand. I was working for £10.5 per hour and the money that I was earning was £7.55 per hour. I was very unsatisfied with their employees as well, I had to text them 3 times and call twice to get a copy of my contract.

– 25 October 2019

Terrible

Very unprofessional. Work contracts are not for as long as they say. Wages are always wrong and no one from the company can be bothered sorting it. Shouldn't have to chase your wages which you worked for. Terrible and unreliable. Don't use!!!

– 3 October 2019
Thank you for your review, your feedback has been passed on to the relevant department. If you have any further issues, then please contact hr@oandb.co.uk

Shady recruitment practices. Greedy.

They advertise the wage much higher than you actually get. They use shady umbrella company's who deduct about 35% of your wages. You have no employees rights and are just thrown away whenever. Unprofessional agency.

Pros

Cons

Unbrella pay. False hourly rate. Awful attitudes.

Useless, spineless agents

Worked on a job for Oneill and Brennan and had to wait over two weeks for payment, no explanation or help at all from any staff at various branches.....wouldn’t recommend working for them to even the really desperate

Pros

Decent rate

Cons

You don’t get paid

– 28 November 2018
We are very sorry that you haven't had a good experience of working with us. It certainly doesn't sound like the type of service we usually provide. I hope that your payment situation has been resolved. Otherwise feel free to contact hr@oandb.co.uk and we can look into this for you.

A great place to work

Everyone in the team is really friendly and welcoming. I have felt thoroughly supported since I have arrived and everything that I have needed has been provided for me. The team work really hard but there is also a fairly relaxed atmosphere in the office as everyone seems to enjoy their job. As HR Manager, I will be reviewing all of our benefits, engagement and communication with the hope of making it an even better place to work in the future.

Pros

Flexible working opportunities, a friendly environment to work in, lovely office and options to work remotely

– 1 August 2018
Thank you for your great review. It is a pleasure to have you on-board.

Stay well clear

When to work for this lot after being told it was long term got to job and I was not needed so they phoned me few days later with one days work told me I would get paid 10 hours and they only paid me 8. 2 weeks I have been phoning office and still not sign of my 2 hours

Pros

Cons

Lies

– 1 August 2018
Thank you for your review, we are sorry that there was confusion over your pay.

Straight talking reliable

One of the best agencies out there .pay good rates and if your honest and reliable will allways find work for you.follow up calls and checking on your availabikity.

Pros

Good company to be in with

– 1 August 2018
Thank you for your great review. We are glad that you enjoy working with us.

Jobs at O'Neill & Brennan

See more jobs

misleading company

Promised work for long term,in reality was just for one day!!!! Reassured by Joe a few times that is an ongoing job and he even said weekend work available too!!!!! What a JOKE!!!!!

Pros

paid on time

Cons

VERY short term job

– 31 October 2017
I'm sure this is not for a traffic marshall position at all, but actually an FLD. You were told by the client repeatedly to slow down on site. You crashed the FLD into a skip on the second day. Needless to say you weren't kept on by the client, they felt you were too incompetent to be on site and were a danger to everyone else around you. The vacancy ran until Christmas (long term work as stated), the reality of one day is solely down to yourself.

Traffic marshall

All l can say it's defo so far best agency..good pay and you are well looked after..Just do the job and don't mess about as they will put you to the next job .

Pros

Higher pay than expected

Cons

Miscommunication with the hiring company

– 18 September 2017
Thank you for your review. If at anytime we fall short of your expectations, remember to call us to talk through it to see if we can help in any way.

The thing I like the most is they have always jobs availeble for you. When you finish one job they give another straight away not like other agencyes. Pay rate are not that good , but it's allright.

Excellent place of work

Excellent place of work. Always opportunities to further your career. Members of the team are fun and friendly, never a dull day.

Pros

Great salary

Cons

N/a

– 3 October 2019
Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoy working for us.

Be Careful Working for This Company!

6 months sorting out a mess, saved them approx. £10k with one supplier, but then got an assistant to train and within couple of months, tell me getting rid of department without telling others there, and give 1 wks notice, showed them contract and they had to pay me month - they didnt pay correct pay! Got rid of me for doing a good job and training someone on min. wage. Also one member of staff who is not nice and the management know and do nothing!

Pros

paid on time

Cons

Not to be trusted with your job if they can get someone cheaper!

– 2 October 2019
Thank you for your review, your feedback will be passed on to the relevant department.

Cowboys

Avoid this company Below market rates Suspect tax deductions

– 7 September 2017
We are fully compliant with all HMRC tax deductions and pay within line with market rates. if you have a query regarding your tax, pick up the phone and speak to someone in the regional offices, it will be accurate.

Not bad.

Not that bad of a firm to work the people seem nice. Pay not so good don't pay as good as other agencies.They also charge you £5 to setup bacs so they can pay you into the bank, iv never worked for a firm that does this, as if making enough money out of you ain't enough?

Pros

good people who seem to help

Cons

not good pay and charging to pay you

– 2 October 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Neill & Brennan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement