O2

O2 Employee Reviews

Featured review
O2 selected this as a representative review
I loved working for O2 but had been there for 10 years and needed a change. The teams and company were fantastic to work for. I was there between 2001 and 2011 and worked in many different locations in Scotland and the North East of England and made many friends and promoted from sales advisor up to Senior Branch Manager.
Pros
Fast paced, exciting and fun place to work
Cons
Targets and budgets were being tightened
15 October 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us. It is great to see you highlighted the teams you worked with as we believe it is our people that make o2 such a great place to work.In terms of your cons, we do work in a competitive environment where at times we do need to look at our targets and budgets but we hope that you reached out to support when you were with us if this was having an effect on you and your day job. We can see you no longer work for us so hope your career is going well.
Worked for Avertec, company cared about numbers and didn't really care about staff. HR team is a joke, they are there just for tick box exercise. pay decent if you need a job for the sake of having one.
Pros
£10.25 and staff plan
18 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As you worked for one of our franchise partners we will pass on your feedback to our franchise support manager. We hope your career is going well.
heating never worked while it snowed could literally see you're breath and nothing was done to sort this out and forced to work in winter coatsunfairly treated waste of time "acting" manager literally chased a customer out of the store for a contract phone which they couldn't afford/wantTook months to get payslips sorted out and even then I couldn't access themno benefits whatsoeverthe schedule always changed day after day never knew when I was in
Pros
Cons
long hours, management don't care, will leave you high and dry, management have no skills what so ever, absolutely awful company and regional manager doesn't care
28 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we do appreciate your feedback. Due to the information given we would be keen to have a chat with you as this is certainly not the experience that we want to give our people. If you can email retailresourcing@o2.com with the subject title Indeed with your contact details we shall be in touch. We hope you are keeping well in these unusual times.
I worked there for a year worst call centre I have ever worked in . I tu Ned down another to go there biggest mistake. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours.told when you can go to the toilet. All calls are screened.
20 April 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we are dissapointed to hear that you did not have a great experience. The call centre is managed by Capita so we will flag this review to them to make them aware of your feedback. We hope your career is going well.
I'm sure working outside of a franchise is different - but- the franchise senior management in the SW are not great examples of fair human beings, one in particular
Pros
Great staff discounts and incentives
Cons
I worked for a poor, unfair managed franchisee
20 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience when working for one of our franchise partners. We will flag this to our franchise business partners to make them aware. We hope your career is going well.
O2 Telefonica in Preston Brook used to be a great place to work when I started in 1990s and before then, when they owned the building but sadly went on a downhill spiral over the years due to senior management changes and then they sold the building to Capita. More and more pressure was put on retention advisers so they would leave and then they could bring in new staff on agency contracts.
Pros
Free Car Parking, Discounted phone contracts
Cons
Don't know we're to start
20 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us and we are sorry to see that you have not had a great experience when you moved over to Capita. We hope your career is going well and that you are keeping safe in these unusual times.
Treated like a number not a person. Timed going to toilet. Being off sick not tolerated. Two faced atmosphere. Bullying tactics. I liked it at first but after a few years I dreaded going into work every day, I felt physically sick at the thought of going in.
Pros
Canteen on site
Cons
Stressful, not treated fairly
4 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry to hear of your experience with us. Due to the information provided if you would like to reach out to us to discuss further please do email ResourceTUK@o2.com with Indeed as the subject header and we will be in touch. We hope your career is going well.
Not always busyHave to be good at communication with customersNeed to be able to have a laugh at work while also being able to take work seriously at the same time
4 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review around your current role. With working in retail, we do have times when we will not be busy but there is always lots of things to do whilst in Store during the quiet spells, like using our online digital learning platform Campus to brush up on skills or aquire new ones. At O2 we put the customers at the heart of everything that we do so it is important to be able to have great conversations with our customers to understand what they need and we agree work needs to be fun as we spend alot of time there so whilst we know we have targets to work to it is important to have a great working environment. Thank you for being part of Team O2.
I really enjoyed my time at O2. Really great atmosphere within the office and the people are fantastic. Casual dress code of my department which somewhat makes the environment less stressful. The only negative is the salary isn't great and parking at the HQ can be tricky. You can't pop out at lunch time in the car otherwise you will lose your space. Unfortunately I had to leave after 3 months because my salary wasn't good enough.
Pros
Fun office, culture, supportive
Cons
Poor salary
4 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it is great to see so many positives that you have highlighted. In terms of your salary, we do benchmark our salaries every year to make sure that we are competitive but we understand that you felt that it didn't meet your expectations. We hope your career is going well and that you are staying safe in these unusual times.
The staff were very friendly but you learn fast that this industry is dog eat dog! Don't be fulled by the fake friendliness. As more you say as more will be used against you later date. The higher management has unrealistic expectations of sales and the pressure of selling anything to anyone is uncomfortable. The bonus rewards are basically non existant. If one team member makes slight mistake say goodbye to team bonus. This brings the moral down and the energy turns negative. But then again the pay doesn't give you much to aspire in the first place. But I guess if you are desperate for a job without breaking your back it's a consideration.
Pros
A good laugh with colleagues
Cons
Pay, higher management, poor pay, terrible bonus structure
Not great place to work. For those who are just finished school-yes. But if you want to live a normal life don’t go to o2. Poor company. Salary is less than £1000. Managers asking a lot but never giving more.
15 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are dissapointed to see that your felt your experience was not good. In terms of our salaries, we are up there with the best and we are very competitive and we do have fantastic managers who offer support and development to our people every day. We hope your career is going well.
great place to work. can offer alot of prospects for the right people. Work life balance is great in stores. lots for chances to try new things and get around the stores estate localy to meet new members. each day is different. always something coming up that you didnt expect
15 October 2020
Thank you for leaving such a lovely review, we really appreciate it and are really pleased that you feel it is a great place to work. That makes us really happy.
loved being part of a successful business. Was fully motivated by targets Experience in sales, customer service on a fast paced changing but exciting environment. Being part of a team in a busy call centre.
Pros
Great Incentives
15 October 2020
Wow 18 years service with us, that's impressive and great to see that you had no negatives during your time with us. We hope your career is going well and that you are keeping safe in these unusual times. Thank you for being part of team o2.
Very stressful, company doesn't take in consideration the area for the targets, management is very poor. But if you have a good team you can have some good time
15 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you felt that the working environment was stressful. With working in Retail it is fast paced and we do work to targets to ensure we remain competitive but we hope that you did reach out to your Line Manager for support as that is what they are there for. We also have a Be Supported helpline where you could have spoken to someone confidentially around any mental health issues you were experiencing. We hope your career is going well and that during these unusual times that you are keeping safe and well.
This was a fun place to work but being a Guru can be difficult if you're not the right person for the job, i recommend a patient mind set is needed for this role
16 October 2020
Thank you taking the time to leave a review. Our Guru role is a fantastic role but as you say, like any job, you need to be the right person and have the behaviours and drive that is needed. We can see you no longer work for us so we hope your career is going well.
I absolutely hated working here, management clearly showed favouritism. You were shouted at when a customer refused an iPad or Apple watch! A very stressful environment, have to fight with co-workers for sales. The only good thing about this job is the wages and the staff plans for phone contracts.
Pros
Good wages, Staff contracts, Decent hours
Cons
Awful management, Stressful, Poor work ethic
16 October 2020
We are really sorry to hear that your experience whilst you were with us was not positive. Working in Retail is a stressful environment but we do offer support and development for our people to help them achieve the targets that are set. With other aspects of your review we can't comment as there is limited information but if you do wish to discuss further then please email retailresourcing@o2.com with the subject Indeed and we would love to have a chat with you. We hope your career is going well.
Really enjoyed my time but redundancy forced leaving, excellent team spirit, and the majority of staff have 15 years plus tenure, which, for a call centre, is unheard of
15 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We believe it is our people that make o2 a great place to work and great to see that you felt the team spirit whilst you worked here. We hope your career is going well and thank you for being part of Team o2.
No call is the same, but managers don't allow for that. No empathy with customers. Some callers need time to sort out problems that they have with O2... not really customer focused. Short notice shifts, no ongoing training... equipment poor... desk shares
Working hours were flexible as long as it was 8 hours/day so start time and finish time was variable therefore making work/life balance easier Management were always approachable and involved Hardest part of the job was to get funding and buy in from Stakeholders Enjoyable working as a team of O2 and also 3rd party colleagues
No comments, i was so excited to get the job but it soon went sour! I fell out wit senior management and my career was marked. I truly loved my team and the job role. Not sure what happened however i was made redundant.
• Working as a member of a team to achieve both individual and store monthly targets. • Regularly achieved and excelled individual KPI targets • Recognised for a High Geek Squad attachment rate during my employment at CPW. • Comfortably liaised with customers from all different ages and background. • Developed my confidence and gave me valuable experience within a sales and customer service environment.
  1. Employee reviews