Ocado Group

Ocado Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,290 reviews

Found 1,290 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,321 reviews

Relaxed atmosphere

Long 10 hour days but benefit of a 4 day week. Coordinators are pleasant and approachable. Staff shop with great offers. Can be a lot of weekend working, but is an option to fix shifts and shift swap.

Pros

4 day week

Very happy and productive place to work

No scripts to read and certainly no selling required for this role, you need to be a good problem solver as some queries are complicated. Fast typing for calls and emails is a bonus , you get 3 weeks training. Excellent culture to work within. From the CEO down to the staff extremely friendly and no nonsense approach. They treat people like people should be treat. 15% off your shopping and free parking in St Mary’s car park , very very cheap vending machines.

Insights into Ocado Group

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good culture,

Good training, nice atmosphere. Okay salary, discount for shopping in m and s and online. Helpful floor staff. Diverse bunch of colleagues, age no barrier

Pros

Discounted drinks and snacks. Casual clothes. Options pf shifts

Cons

Holidays and trying to get them together.

Overall a great company to work for!

Before I joined I read the reviews on here, seeing all the comments about bad management etc but honestly couldn't be further from the truth. Managers are great and do care about the drivers, they always have your back. Everyone is very friendly. Ocado are always very civil if theres any issues, they deal with it properly. There are some negatives such as the company sat nav, which takes you down fields and into tight difficult places but you eventually get use to it. You can get routes that are really heavy with lots of drops. This job does involve are fair bit of heavy lifting although this is made clear during the interview and training but overall enjoy working at ocado.

Pros

Finish early and still get paid, Good managers, Good Co workers

Cons

Heavy routes with too many drops, company sat nav

Can be ok at times if you love driving.

Strength required and stressful at times and van was loaded to the top. Lots of drivering lots of miles. Customers will also have you working more. Long hours

Pros

No benefits

Cons

They want a lot from the drivers

High mileage routes with lots of drops and lots of weight.Expect to get sent to destinations you cannot get the van too. Do not trust the sat nav system provided.The company does not respect your work hours and expect you to finish a route even if u have a breakdown and left in a verge waiting for repair After finishing a route u will often have to queue to check your van back in the depot again with no appreciation of your finish time. Has high turn over of staff and therefore constantly recruiting.

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

Poor hours no social life

Good enough

Not bad if you're looking for a job in which you act as self employed but you're an actual employee. The benefit of being out on your own is a nice thing to have, unless, of course, you end up with so much work you can barely manage it, which can happen some days. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good.

Good job

Dont listen to the bad reviews on hereI have been a driver there for 3 and a half yearsThis is the easiest job in the world and the pay is good if u put the work hours in

Every day is an adventure

Turn up, get your van, deliver shopping. Really is that easy, pay is okay, it’s what you’d expect I guess. Get your hard days, get your easy days. It is what it is

Decent place to work.

I worked as a CSTM for Ocado for just shy of 6 months, whilst I was there the first 2 days training covered everything I needed to know & if I was stuck on anything the marshals and managers were always happy to help. The job can get monotonous at times but that aside it’s not bad. Plenty of dogs to pet on your drops and for the most part, friendly customers.The time restrictions can get a little stressful but once you find your rhythm it’s easy. If you finish early you get to go home whilst being paid for the rest of your shift so that’s a bonus.There is an option to go onto fixed shifts, progress within the company and move onto 10 hour routes. That being said I wouldn’t hold your breathe waiting for the opportunity as the waiting lists are long.Always overtime going so good opportunities to Increase your pay! All in all It’s pretty decent.

Pros

Good management Paid for entire shift if you finish early

Just no

Staff was not nice, management no where to be found not enough pay for the hours and work, never left a job so fast (on the 2nd day).Was freezing cold and the place is a maze and it is such a hassle to just clock in you have to use a hand scanner that everyone in the place uses which is just not nice because you dont know where their hands have been

Be your own boss.

This job is great once you get used to all the driving and the weird shifts patterns. Training is fantastic, they make sure you’re ready for anything you might encounter on the road etc. management are great, always willing to help with any questions you might have. 9/10 you’ll finish your shift early and still get paid for the full shift.

underpaid for back breaking work

monotony is rife, long hours, back breaking work, when your ill or have done over time, they expect the same performance.The inbound managers and coodinators are great but the outbound ones are very strange and hostile.

long hours, high expectations.. no gratitude, no enjoyment.

The job is fine, if you're into being taken advantage of and being spoken to like a child on a regular basis. Nobody working here enjoys it, even some of the mangers have expressed their dissatisfaction working for the company. It is not a nice place to come to when everybody has something negative so say. You get nothing in return for going above what you're expected to, and end up getting pushed further without even a thank you. The hours are too long, 10 hours for pickers and 12 hours for mangers. Hours should be cut by 2 hours for all, and increase pay. It is hard to come to work when you have not had enough sleep as this a VERY physical job where you can end up walking 10+ km each shift. It took months for me to be listened to about being moved from one area to another. I've spoken to several managers who have just ignored me. Working in the freezer is one of the best jobs here, very cold and boring.. It beats standing on a pick station all day. However put away in the freezer can do some serious damage to you, you have to lift incredibly heavy totes filled with big tubs of ice cream that weigh over 25kg, that you must lift around 170cm up into the air onto a rack. After 1 hour your back and arms are sore. I've suffered serious back pain, and one of my knees now is acting up. My feet are blistered and ache in pain when I'm in bed trying to sleep. The pay is not very good at all, considering the break is unpaid and the damage you're doing to yourself working then going home and not sleeping enough. If you're desperate looking for a job they will hire you, but -

Pros

Cons

long hours, back pain, ignorant managers, lack of sleep

Only work here if you have no options.

Don't l work here unless you're desperate for money and even then the money is not great for what you do.You will regret working here for more than 2 years maximum, stay longer and you'll see what I mean.Life is short, Don't waste it working here and do a more secure job instead.

Pros

It's a job that makes you appreciate how lucky you were before you started working here.

Good company.

I've been working there for almost 14 years and still there at this time most manager's are great ,if ur OK with people and respect you'll get the same back.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay not the greatest

Not ok

Constant worry and stress that you would face a disciplinary or lose the job. Young, ruthless and uncaring mid-management team.

Pretty decent

The work is good for those who don’t mind working alone. A lot of heavy lifting but not too bad (depending on the delivery and location). Sometimes your shifts start early and some late.

Productive and fun.

A relatively good job and highly productive. A bit more physical job and a long shift. Working in around-25 degrees, -10 and 0 degrees environments

I enjoyed my time at Ocado

A nice company to work for. I was based at Purfleet and the only reason I left was because I moved house so my commute time to and from work went from 20 minutes to an hour and half, otherwise I’d still be there. I had no problem with the management and my colleagues were all nice people. I really enjoyed my work, seeing different places, one day you could be working around East London and the next in the North Essex/South Suffolk countryside. It’s job and knock, I always finished an hour early but you get paid for your full 8 hour shift. Plenty of overtime if you want it. It can be hard work especially if your delivering to flats with no lift then you’ve got to carry the shopping up the stairs, I treated it as a work out. The job certainly got me fit and lost a bit of weight! The downsides are it’s not Monday to Friday 9-5, your shifts could be any day of the week from 5:45am start to 4pm to midnight but the wages reflect this. If you like driving, being out and about in all weathers and working on your own then give it a go. I enjoyed my time there and if they opened a branch near to where I live now then I wouldn’t hesitate, I’d happily work for them again.

Pros

Working on your own initiative and being out and about. Good wages and benefits.

Cons

Unsociable hours.

Bad Management

I worked here last year. Would not recommend it to anyone. Management havnt got a clue. Coaches are supposed to bring the best out of you - don't - I would not recommend anyone work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement