Ocado Group
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Ocado Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,177 reviews

Found 1,177 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,206 reviews

"We're in it together"? Really?

On day one of our training we were escorted to the corporate part of Ocado's vast estate, where their offices are housed. Once our temperatures had been taken we were seated in a socially-distanced classroom where masks were to be worn at all times.Equipment was regularly sanitised during practical exercises and we were frequently invited to wash our hands. It was encouraging to see that the company had a genuine desire to keep the spread of Covid to a minimum and valued the health of it's employees.The building itself was fantastic - spacious, spotlessly clean, with a beautiful canteen and even a coffee bar. As far as first impressions go, Ocado nailed it.Then, at the end of our second and final day of training, we were told that we would not need to come back to the nice corporate office building ever again as, from our third day onward, we would be based at "Service Delivery" (SD).SD is a tiny, two-storey shack situated in the middle of a busy car park. It is extremely cramped and all who enter are funnelled through a narrow corridor into a small office where you clock in. Employees crowd around the clocking-in machines and the screens that provide them with their vehicle details, both of which are conveniently positioned by choke points where people all stand on top of one another. Avoiding close contact with colleagues is completely unavoidable.In stark contrast with the corporate side of the estate, the SD building is absolutely filthy. No canteen or coffee bar here, just a couple of overpriced vending machines. Unsurprisingly, the input we were supposed -

Pros

Occasional early finishes

Cons

Too many to mention

Really bad training,just got put on the floor . Very ,unprofessional ,managers , hours horrendous ,

Bad management, no food just sweet machine and 1/2 hour break .very high turn over. Training has nothing to do with job , very unprofessional, definitely a one to avoid.

Can be stressful with the loads but once you not what you areDoing it’s just about manageable

Can be stressful with the loads but once you not what you are Doing it’s just about manageable, make sure you are not late as routes are allocated to you for your start time.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Hard work

Hard work and very fast paced. People friendly overall. If you are used to warehouse work you will be just fine. Good rates of pay but you earn it that’s for sure.

Management is not the greatest, but it is not bad place for your first job

Management is not the greatest, money are not the greatest, no pay rises, but it is not bad place for your first jobQuite relaxed atmosphere which is quite good

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Very low salary

Can be fun if you don’t want to progress

I worked in a small warehouse for almost a year with not a lot of facilities or working tools like scanners or other devices you need to do your job accurately and meet their targets. The managers were alright as long as you follow the rules and meet your targets. I wanted to progress, I noticed a lot of people started leaving the job witch puts a lot of pressure on the remaining staff. I asked for a transfer to a different warehouse, bigger better with tons of opportunities. I started asking the managers and they said no problem we can do it, after a few days I ask how do I proceed and they told me I have to talk to the general manager of the warehouse. I gave him a call told him my problem and he told me 3 weeks… after 3 months I started asking again and everybody were raising their shoulders and I decided to stop going until I get my transfer… I let the managers know so they can prepare for getting new people or from different warehouses. After I stop going… no email, no phone call pretty much no care

Pros

If the team do well you might get an extra break

Cons

Lying Managers Promise extra pay for difficult tasks which doesn’t come every time

Be your own boss, but long hours

Long hours, you get to be your own boss as such as you turn up get assigned a route and go off driving. No need to load the vans as already pre loaded

Pros

Get to leave with full pay once route completed

Cons

Long hours, unsociable

Avoid at all cost.

Please don't waste your time working for these clown, unless u wanna be talk down too like a dog with the Management. You couldn't even live on the wages I was earning.

Good place

Fast paced and hard work, but do get some easy days with paid early finishes, most of the drivers are great to get along with, mostly new vehicles

Pros

Early paid finishes

Cons

Night shift, lots of miles to drive

If you want to be exhausted and have no life go for it, if you're new and your face fits you'll probably get promoted.

Worked at Ocado for 6 years, always worked hard.. and I mean HARD! the shifts are exhausting, the hours are long, and management don't really care about your well-being.I met some great people in my work area, others not so great.The management have their favourites, and if your face fits and you make the right noises you'll get promoted in a few months. I am so glad I left this place. Don't do it unless you're desperate!

Pros

Keeps you fit (be prepared to walk approximately 13 mile per shift)

Cons

Kak management, no people skills

8 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. We aim to give all our managers excellent training and have regular reviews to make sure we keep a certain level of management throughout the business. We’re sorry that your experience fell short of these standards. Thank you for being part of the Personal Shopper team in Dordon.

Hard work and long hours

Difficult job no job security. Long hours low pay. No progression and stressful job. Hard to reach target. Very pressurised working environment. Unprofessional management

8 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. We’re sorry that your experience fell short of standards. Thank you for being part of the Warehouse Ops team in Erith!

Great Place to Work

Great place to work, nice colleagues with a good training programme in place for new delivery drivers.Great employee benefits, pretty good food in the canteen & you receive full pay for early finishes on your shift.Management are supportive & easy going, just keep your nose clean & you will be fine.

Pros

Low cost food & drinks available in the on site canteen, Good new starter training programme with good quality trainers, Shifts are only 8 hours in total, Vans are pre-loaded ready for you to carry out your deliveries.

Cons

None at all.

6 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group. We appreciate your feedback. Our employee benefits are designed for you. We’re glad you had a positive experience during your time at Ocado Group!

Simple work, days go fast

Overall its a easy life working for ocado as a cstm. Go out on pre planned routes delivering people's shopping. Don't even need to load your own van as its done for you by the Marshalls... with this job too you are your own boss pretty much as the managers leave you to it as long as you keep to the company's set guidelines.

Pros

Paid break, free coffee machine

Cons

Unsociable hours, weekends

6 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. Thanks for all your hard work!

Overtime Kills, however early shift offers opportunity for life after work.

In the beginning I enjoyed working for ocado managers were reassuring, patient and offered support.Overtime was mandatory, physical exhaustion and routine job kills your head. Still have friends working there, but they are short staffed and always having to do overtime.

Pros

£1 breakfast buffet Supportive

Cons

Mandatory Overtime Unrealistic workload

8 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. We'd like you to know we'll be sharing this with the wider team. We’re glad that overall, you enjoyed being part of the Personal Shopper team in Tamworth.

Good job, day goes quick

Management could’t be more helpful, feel like they always have your back. The vans are preloaded and the route is pre-planed. The days go quick but sometimes the shifts can be unsociable.

Pros

Weekly pay, pre-loaded vans, good management

Cons

Unsociable hours, sometimes going to bad areas, visiting flats

8 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. It’s our exceptional people that make us an exceptional business! Thanks for being part of the Driver team in Dordon.

Good work life balance and a great team but they need to work on their salaries.

There is a lot of work to do but it is manageable. They have a great work life balance with the option to work from home a lot. The salaries are below market rate for pretty much any job in the company.

6 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group. We appreciate your feedback. We have made a note of your comments and will ensure they are seen by the relevant team.Thanks for all your hard work!

It was good

That was a great experience to work at Ocado had wonderful memories People are good Management friendly with the workers Overall not too bad Everything was good

6 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. At the heart of everything we do are our ever-expanding teams of people, and we’re pleased that you enjoyed your experience being part of the team! Thanks for all your hard work.

Easy once you find the best way to do the job

I worked at Ocado for 4 years. I really enjoyed my time here. When you arrive you wait at the tv screen for you van reg and bay number then you go into the yard and do your van checks. You can be delivering anywhere in the Midlands sometimes further. I used to do 4 10 hour shifts so would normally average around 200mile route. The best part of the job is you can finish 3-5 hours early and still be paid full 10 hours. Mangers tend not to bother you unless you’ve made a delivery error or theyre contacting to give instructions about a delivery. No one bothers you if you’re running behind as long as you call your customers then it’s not a problem. And if you’re running too late then you can cancel last drops and no one questions why or just claim extra hours.Jobs is probably only worth doing if you do overtime as you’ll earn £15-17per hour. I know some drivers that have earned near enough £30,000 only if you put in the overtime hours.

Pros

Cheap coffee, early finishes, paid for every minute you work, paid breaks, plenty of overtime, pretty flexible with swapping shifts, friendly customers and colleagues.

Cons

Some managers can be rude but most are very helpful and friendly, routes can be hard but you’ll get good ones too

8 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. We'd like you to know we'll be sharing this with the wider team. Thanks for all your hard work!

shift work and its all over the place, your life becomes your job, family doesn't come into, you try and change your hours, they're not interest.

as long as you're strong and single you'll do ok, married with children with the shifts they give you won't survive it or your marriage won't! just to give you an insight, there is a block of flats over 3 floors, lifts are supposed to work, if they don't tough, you climb the stairs and deliver to the customers front door, if you don't expect a complaint, damage the vehicle when it their equipment takes you down a road that is only wide enough as a footpath, also your head on the line. struggle seeing at night due to these super duper bright headlights, tough again, shouldn't have applied for the role.

Pros

ummmm, nope all cons

Cons

everything plus some as above

8 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. We do ask that our drivers are prepared to work various shifts. We’re sorry that your experience fell short of standards. Thank you for all your hard work!

Overall good

Like every job it’s great but then there are bad days ie some of the routes you have to do. Some of the drops you do are in difficult place annoying places. Sometimes you don’t get enough travel time between drops or near enough time doing the drop ! I think the route planners don’t believe in traffic ! Which can be stressful at times. But a lot of times you get great routes and finish early. Say your finish time is midnight and you get back to the depot at 10pm, you will still get paid till midnight. The managers I got on with they were great. The job is what you make it. It can be great but some of the bad can outweigh the good. I worked with some great lads and managers just wished I got paid abit more but miss the place

Pros

Finish early still get paid

Cons

Sometimes no travel time and hardly any time on drops

8 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. Our employee benefits are designed for you. We’re glad you had a positive experience during your time at Ocado Group! Thanks for all your hard work.

Enjoying it

I’ve been there since October. Enjoying it at the moment. Can be hard trying to get so many deliveries done in a hour. The pay could be more for what we do but hey ho. Finish your route early can go home and still be paid for it. Not got a problem with the managers all helpful when I’ve needed them. Decent people to work with

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Pay could be better

8 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Ocado Group, we appreciate your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoy being part of the Driver team in Leeds!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement