Ocean Healthcare

Ocean Healthcare Employee Reviews

I enjoyed the job, but it takes a lot out of you emotionally, you need to be stable enough to do it . It can fit in well around family life if you make it clear from the start about the hours you want to work .
Lots of flexibility to fit in with your life. Good pay and weekly too! Office staff are very friendly and approachable. Lots of destinations covered to pick up shifts.
I have been working for Ocean for a couple of months now, on the whole I’m enjoying the experience. I have done agency care before and enjoyed it with two different companies which were however poorly managed One in particular often putting you into hostile environments with no care for your safety as money is the only importance to them. Ocean so far have been professional and I have had sufficient work coming my way. Although the best places to work soon get allocated which can leave you working in the not so fun places so you have to get in fast. There are 18 courses to complete before your induction so as you can start which are quite long winded and you feel like you will never get through them. But in honesty you will be pleased you have, the team are friendly and you can strike a good work/home life balance. You must however be prepared to travel for some of your shifts, More Complex care is required in my locality as it’s predominantly agency work in the North Devon area. Wages are always there at the end of the week, Overall a good company so far and I’m fairly happy 😊
Pros
Weekly wages, Work/ Life balance. Well managed.
Cons
Mileage allowance for every mile travelled would be greatly welcomed.
They have been been very supportive and will pay for you to complete training and qualifications if you work hard and prove yourself. They support your goals and enable you to achieve them. The team work well together and strive for excellence. We work hard, but play hard too. The office staff are great and really support each other.
Some of the work placements were hard going,can be long distant didnt feel their was much support for myself as not very child friendly towards single parents.
Pros
Got to meet alot of new people
Cons
Not child friendly
Ocean is more like a family. They know me. They know my preferences job wise, and they offer a personal touch. Whoever emails me, texts me or talks to me face to face or on the phone, always calls me personally by my name and treats me like they really know me and I matter to them. Any discrepancies are dealt with immediately and have always been resolved to my satisfaction. We (the agency staff) feel that we are a part of a team and we each have an important role within the organisation. We are all working towards the same goals. There is good regular communication from the management and we are always kept well informed. I have worked for a few different agencies and Ocean are definitely the best. I would recommend them to anyone at any time.
Pros
Choose our own hours and workplaces
Cons
Unpredictable hours at times. Last minute bookings
Any incovience would be that they don t do contract hours wich doesn t help if we want to comitt for any loans or even is not considered if you want rent a house so this is very difficulty matter
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Contracts hours- shifts
Ocean Healthcare were a great team to work for, I was able to gain knowledge in a lot more aspects of health and social care! I always had night shifts too!
Pros
Friendly & supportive
Amazing place to work! Staff in office are friendly do regular training and it beneficial as they are flexible around you and your lifestyle but pay well
Awesome agency to work for do really enjoy it feel a valued member of staff , ever so professional and very helpful and supportive to their staff ,very understanding and polite.
Terrible have not personally had any good reviews from post staff. No back up for the staff. Moaning all the time,no appreciation. Have to use own transport and minimum travel allowance.
Pros
Fabulous agency to work for, really enjoy being part of such a lovely team. Work when you want good rate of pay, never had any problems with any of the staff all lovely
This company is great to work for, they listen to your needs on a one to one basis, you are not a number! Your part of a great team, they provide great training also, if your thinking of joining any company join ocean!
Pros
Works around you
Cons
0 hours but no drama
Enough hours for people, staff very nice when meeting them. Ok places to go to work, staff in the office annoying, arrogant & not helpful. They need to improve
Pros
Staff
Cons
Office staff
I'm so happy that I made the move to OH - couldn't be happier!! They're so accommodating and the training is excellent!! Communications is really easy and I can really feel how much they're focussed on people, and getting the best out of everyone - they really do care. The team go above and beyond to make sure you're happy and satisfied... and the pay is great too! Wouldn't ever go with another agency now!
as i relocated in location i apply for a job on the agency which would benefit me as i relocated. This is a flexible and good company and would recommend this company