Ocean Healthcare

Ocean Healthcare Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews

Really good

This works around me, I have stayed as bank for now and do shifts when I can. I help out when I can and know that if I can’t work a day it’s completely fine. The team are super approachable and a nice group.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Have been asked to use my car before

Very happy to tell people I work at Ocean Healthcare!

It’s a perfect job if you wish to work when you want to and where you want to and the pay is better than anywhere else. You just have to give a week in advance of your availability to Ocean. You don’t get holiday pay as such as it is paid into your regular pay but you do get paid mileage. The Barnstaple branch of Ocean has a brilliant manager who is always there to help and support you. Overall it’s a great place to work for.

Insights into Ocean Healthcare

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Best Job Ever!

Having left the NHS to work here I can honestly say it was my best move.Never have I felt so listened to.I feel like I am actually making a difference, which as a Nurse is massive!Great working Team. Awesome management.Fantastic Job satisfaction

Rewarding

I would recommend people to work for ocean. They are very happy to help you whenever. The shifts also work around you and your family life. The pay is good and you get mileage on top of this. Job can be stressful but its care work at the end of the day. You have good days and bad days but overall its very rewarding.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Having shifts cancelled (rare)

Plenty of work, good communication

Enjoyed working there. There was always plenty of shifts available. The office responds very quickly. Left the company as graduated as therapist otherwise would stay.

Excellent company

Began working for Ocean last year. Very friendly, good communication, good rates of pay, always try to accommodate your needs. Would recommend to anyone, and have done.

Pros

Good communication, don't hassle you on your days off to work, as long as you update your availability.

Cons

Agency work does not provide security.

So Disappointed

In comparison to other jobs within the area and sector £10 an hour is not adequate especially given the complexity of some cases.The mileage is paid significantly under the mileage threshold and you have to fund the first ten miles yourself there and back. Management communication is beyond poor. Would not recommended

Pros

Paid training day

Cons

Communication, Pay

Really lovely caring company to work for

The team are great and try to accommodate your lifestyle. The salary is good. And there are always plenty of shifts on offer. I am now a trainer after only 8 months with them. I love my position there.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Not great for mileage

Enjoyed working with clients i got matched with

I enjoyed the job, but it takes a lot out of you emotionally, you need to be stable enough to do it . It can fit in well around family life if you make it clear from the start about the hours you want to work .

Great agency to work for

Lots of flexibility to fit in with your life. Good pay and weekly too! Office staff are very friendly and approachable. Lots of destinations covered to pick up shifts.

Everyday is different, plenty of Variety, well lead

I have been working for Ocean for a couple of months now, on the whole I’m enjoying the experience. I have done agency care before and enjoyed it with two different companies which were however poorly managed One in particular often putting you into hostile environments with no care for your safety as money is the only importance to them. Ocean so far have been professional and I have had sufficient work coming my way. Although the best places to work soon get allocated which can leave you working in the not so fun places so you have to get in fast. There are 18 courses to complete before your induction so as you can start which are quite long winded and you feel like you will never get through them. But in honesty you will be pleased you have, the team are friendly and you can strike a good work/home life balance. You must however be prepared to travel for some of your shifts, More Complex care is required in my locality as it’s predominantly agency work in the North Devon area. Wages are always there at the end of the week, Overall a good company so far and I’m fairly happy 😊

Pros

Weekly wages, Work/ Life balance. Well managed.

Cons

Mileage allowance for every mile travelled would be greatly welcomed.

It is flexible as you can choose what days or nights you want to work

Some of the work placements were hard going,can be long distant didnt feel their was much support for myself as not very child friendly towards single parents.

Pros

Got to meet alot of new people

Cons

Not child friendly

Comfortable team who are easy to get along with

Ocean is more like a family. They know me. They know my preferences job wise, and they offer a personal touch. Whoever emails me, texts me or talks to me face to face or on the phone, always calls me personally by my name and treats me like they really know me and I matter to them. Any discrepancies are dealt with immediately and have always been resolved to my satisfaction. We (the agency staff) feel that we are a part of a team and we each have an important role within the organisation. We are all working towards the same goals. There is good regular communication from the management and we are always kept well informed. I have worked for a few different agencies and Ocean are definitely the best. I would recommend them to anyone at any time.

Pros

Choose our own hours and workplaces

Cons

Unpredictable hours at times. Last minute bookings

Very nice team good company and trainings

Any incovience would be that they don t do contract hours wich doesn t help if we want to comitt for any loans or even is not considered if you want rent a house so this is very difficulty matter

Pros

Trainings

Cons

Contracts hours- shifts

Enjoyed my time with them

Ocean Healthcare were a great team to work for, I was able to gain knowledge in a lot more aspects of health and social care! I always had night shifts too!

Pros

Friendly & supportive

Amazing place to work!

Amazing place to work! Staff in office are friendly do regular training and it beneficial as they are flexible around you and your lifestyle but pay well

Brilliant

Awesome agency to work for do really enjoy it feel a valued member of staff , ever so professional and very helpful and supportive to their staff ,very understanding and polite.

Not a place to work for me

Terrible have not personally had any good reviews from post staff. No back up for the staff. Moaning all the time,no appreciation. Have to use own transport and minimum travel allowance.

Pros

Fabulous agency to work for, really enjoy being part of such a lovely team. Work when you want good rate of pay, never had any problems with any of the staff all lovely

Flexible around you, great pay and company

This company is great to work for, they listen to your needs on a one to one basis, you are not a number! Your part of a great team, they provide great training also, if your thinking of joining any company join ocean!

Pros

Works around you

Cons

0 hours but no drama

Not bad

Enough hours for people, staff very nice when meeting them. Ok places to go to work, staff in the office annoying, arrogant & not helpful. They need to improve

Pros

Staff

Cons

Office staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement