OCS

OCS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom636 reviews

rubbishcontracttravellingcleanercleaningcentresitestaff

Good work/life balance

They have good shifts here so you can have a very good work and life balance. The shifts are never more than a few hours usually too. Good pay and pension is good too.

Flexible

AttendanceStrength1) Always on time (or even early) for meetings and conferences.2) Prompt and on time for the start of each workday.3) Respects others by arriving at work and at meetings on time.4) Adheres to the schedule whenever possible.5) Never been a no call, no show employee.6) Achieved perfect attendance over X (weeks, months, years).7) Inspires others to improve their attendance.8) Does not deviate from the attendance policy outlined in our employee handbook.9) Begins each day on time and ready to go.

Insights into OCS

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Avoid at all cost.

Was treated very poorly by the contracted company staff. OCS didn't back me up and in order not to lose their contract with the customer sided with them and let me go.

Fast paced work but never bored

Fast paced job but hours went quick. Not much training initially .Plenty of overtime as always short staffed. Was a good job but hours were very early . Staff and management were great to get on with

Poor management

Awful management. Manager threat staff constantly and you are never supported. It's doesn't make difference if you are hard worker or not, you are treated as as avarage worker. Management promises things and doesn't accomplish.

Good to work

Ocs was the company who game me a chance back in 2007 when other Aberdeen security companies wouldn’t look at me as was out work for while . Still with Ocs they are fair with there staff and will help you if needed can’t fault them

Nice people, relaxed atmosphere to work

Good team and management.Enjoy working @ OCS. Workers feel valued and respected. Flexible working hours. Bank holiday double pay. Good pensions contribution, sick pay.

Ok place to work

Working in the courts. It’s a ok job and the security is there money could be better The training they put you through is very advanced to suit the courts.

Great work life balance People are supportive and friendly Great opportunities Great diversity Very happy I work here Everyone should work here

All work is ad-hoc and so not Guaranteed

Love working for ocs but no chance to progression unless full time but due to covid things have changed and getting the work is difficult as it is given to agency first this means I have to seek work elsewhere also agency earn more than regular staff.

Pros

Good and fun job

Cons

Not guaranteed work and could be cancelled if organisers decide to make the shows smaller.

Overall OK place to work.

Temporary contract at the airport. The role itself was nice getting to meet and speak to different passengers everyday. Everyday was different and had its own challenges. It was also nice having access to most of the airport being able to go everywhere and getting to see the amazing aircrafts. The negatives would be that some of the management would be on your back micro managing instead of just letting you get on with your job. Other managers would just muck in and support you. Pay was basic and hours where OK - shift work. Parking at the airport free for staff was excellent.Not much chance for moving up in the company as its a small number of staff that work there and limited roles to move up into.Overall nice to get some experience at the airport.

Pros

Free parking at the airport for staff, shift work, getting to see the aircrafts, airport geek.

Cons

Micro management, unpaid lunch, long hours

High pay, low support

The job is less than I expected. I was promised training and advancement but I can't ever get hold of my line manager even in emergencies. I never get a call back and often am the last to know about any changes that involve me or my team.

Pros

High pay, bonuses offered

Cons

Zero training and empty promises.

Bullying Culture from Management and long term staff

Did not like new people, no support even as a manager, two faced back stabbing people who have no respect, no team work and high sickness rate from staff, staff take bets on when they will get you out, if your not in the click.

Pros

Non

Cons

Unfriendly and unhelpful management from top, middle if your not in the click they will have you put

Not a good company

The worst company l have worked for. Pay always wrong. You won't have any self-confidence working for OCS, always trying to find fault in everything you do. Stay clear.

Pros

Cons

Pay always wrong, Useless Managers, Never any praise, Always trying to find fault, Not a good work environment.

Wrong pay at times

Wrong pay at times and takes months to rectify, cant book holidays when you want at least 6 months in advance and they dont even cover your shift when you are on annual leave.

Absolute tip, avoid at all costs

Absolutely corrupt to the bone, a toxic company to work for. Bad contracts all round if its even possible management gets treated worse than regular staff, but both are expendable and a good scapegoat for all the incompetence management causes issues with...

Pros

you can quit anytime

Cons

everything, bad pay, bad culture, toxic environment

Staff are lovely

Worked here a while now. Had my fair share of ups and downs but over all its a good company to work for.Management are fair and will Try to help you if they can with hours and any problems within rhe work environment. The people I work with a great lads and lasses so makes the work place more enjoyable when you work around good staff.It's min wage but are must jobs really.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Min wage

Do not work here

Terrible company to work for. I wonder how many of their employees know that when they leave their job OCS do not provide employee references therefore ruining the chance of working anywhere else. You will be told constantly what a marvellous company they are but I'm afraid it's all hype you are just an employee number. You have been warned.

Pros

Cons

No reference when you finally see sense and leave

Rewarding

Always on the move, an ambitious firm that values hard work and innovation.Management that will go out of the way to assist and support where necessary

Pros

management culture

Stay away

Management are bullies if you don’t fit in the click then you won’t get anywhere that’s all I need to say

Cons

Appalling company to work for

Managers group together and either ignore the cleaners or try to push them out. If your face fits you do well if it doesn’t they will make your life hard. I would recommend you stay away for this company

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement