Octopus Energy logo
Octopus Energy

Octopus Energy Employee Reviews

Fun place to work but don’t fall for advancement promises

You’re presented with a very glossy interview process that I did thoroughly enjoy, but they constantly harp on about advancement in the company. Fact is there isn’t really room for any advancement. Sure, you can train in certain areas, but it’s the same pay and linear advancement and to date I know of no new management role opening up.

Pros

Flexible and relaxed workplace

Cons

Overpromising of roles that don’t currently exist

Very fast paced, stressful, poorly managed

Working for this company meant taking on several roles on top of the work load. Contract describes some overtime but work days would involve at least half an hour extra work before the start and an hour minimum each day after. Totalling an extra 7.5 hours unpaid work minimum per week. Management were very touch and go. Often never agreeing or being available to help. Resulting in a lot of extra work for those below them. Company culture encourages honesty and openness but would then punish openness and honesty. Would not recommend applying as the process of application, interview, and the job itself were much more laborious than the pay that is offered.

Great place to work with cutting edge tech

Culture values are held to a high standard. Great culture and work environment, surrounded by motivated teams.What the company focuses on as a whole is bringing joy to our teams and encouraging creativity and innovation.

Pros

flexi working culture, freedom to run with ideas, embracement of failure, take leave as and when you want too

Cons

If you're someone who likes set structure, Octopus isn't for you

Only positive things to say

My schedule is set by my TL, which changes daily allowing variety between phones and emails and any time I require for my own follow up with customers. It is particularly busy at the moment and you can find you're struggling to keep on top of it, but I've learnt to keep my focus and remember it's just busy, not stressful. We're provided with tools and resources that enable us to do our job well. Everything is a team effort and the atmosphere within my team is very uplifting and encouraging. It's not a walk in the park, but they're a great company to be part of.

Pros

Atmosphere, colleagues, benefits

Cons

Na

Great team to work with

The team are great and the work atmosphere is welcoming but the way things are ran are not very good. Communication is the worst when it comes to shift and the hours are unacceptable giving you no time to take yourself out of work mode. Commission is bad as well. They lie to their staff and under pay

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Long hours and bad manager to staff communication

good team

decent job, good hours and good environment, friendly team and decent line manager but heavily target driven role, if you are not inot that, its not a good fit for you

Pros

good office

Cons

target driven

Fast-paced with a supportive culture

An average day is split up between phones, emails and project time. Octopus really push us to pursue what we enjoy and will try and find time for us to explore these opportunities. There is always someone available to chat to if you're struggling with any work and Octopus have created a really friendly environment that's both challenging but supportive.

Pros

You'll make friends for life

Cons

A lot is asked of you early on

Fast paced and rewarding environment

Octopus Energy is a very fast paced environment which requires you to always be thinking outside the box. There is always something to be doing, and you are constantly thinking from the start of your shift to the end. Hard work is always recognised and rewarded. Feedback is both welcomed and encouraged. It is a very relaxed culture whereby you can communicate with colleagues regardless of their position.

Pros

Incentives, social events, accountability and recognition.

Cons

occaisonal long hours and very fast paced

The best place I have ever worked at

I joined last year and this is the best place I have worked for. They are collaborative and adaptive with a great culture from the management down.They really care about the customers, the planet and do great work disrupting the industry. The workload is difficult and can be stressful at times but its the busy, fast-paced environment that makes this job the challenge I need to push myself. I love the people who work here too and have made some amazing friends.

Everyone has an involvement in shaping the culture

I've been at Octopus for a couple of years now and am still loving it. Everything that we do is centred around what's best for the customer and I find it very rewarding as a result. Customer operations wasn't the area that I expected I would work in however, I love that it means I can help people & we have the freedom to do whatever we think will have the best outcome for the customer. With such rapid growth does come with some challenging periods however it's those times when we need to come up with solutions and problem solve, so I'm continually being kept on my toes, which I like. It's nice to feel like you can have such an impact. The culture is shaped by everyone that works here. There are no rules and everyone hired across the business is always extremely friendly. You do need to be flexible & be able to keep up with the fast pace but it really is somewhere that you can thrive.

Jobs at Octopus Energy

See more jobs

Purposeful, challenging & rewarding

I've been at Octopus for a few years now, and I have learned so much. It is a challenging place to work, but it's incredibly rewarding. If you're not up for a challenge, and you're not able to work in an ever changing environment, this is not for you. However, if you genuinely care about customers, the environment and your colleagues, then please join us. I know we're hiring a lot of people this year!

Not too bad

It's a good place to work and very helpful learn new skills and people and managers are very helpful and will always help and will always be open and honest

Loads of false promises

Enjoyable to start with, promised the world with further training and possible promotion. Ended up being like most other metering firms and nothing came to light.

Great

Nice experience ,nice place, team work , weekly pay, they offer affordable energy bill to customer, good customer service , friendly environment, after sales follow up.

High stress, low pay call centre

This is a call center, despite what the job advert might suggest. It's high stress, and the management will never think you are working hard enough. Thoroughly not recommend

Worked on a promotional day

The people I worked with were all very friendly and it was easy to interact with the public to introduce them to Octopus Energy and to ask them if they would be interested in signing up with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Octopus Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement