Octopus Investments

Octopus Investments Employee Reviews

The company has a good home work balance and i enjoyed my time. The people are friendly and helpful. I worked part time which suited my lifestyle. Nice modern offices near Chancery Lane area.
I have been at Octopus approaching 6 months now and I have already been given more responsibility, trust and development than anywhere I have been before. This is an ideas company, they work in an entrepreneurial way and as such this offers the chance to get involved in so much more than just your day to day duties. If you have an idea, talk about it! Excellent feedback culture that aids with growth and development also. CONS: For me it's not personally a con, however Octopus is not the most process driven or structured environment, it is far more flexible and agile. For some people, they could struggle with this! Lastly, great benefits! Bonus, shares, great annual leave policy!
Poor management in Octopus Labs. If management personnel was more consistent and looked to coach junior staff, I think you would see more bright minds appear from within then business.
Great place to work. They invest heavily in people and there personal improvement there is a lot of opportunity if you put in the work and push yourself.
Pros
Flexible, fast pace, driven for improvement
Cons
to social
Poor work environment; has a bizarre cult-like feel. While there are a lot of lovely people, management is seemingly allowed to get away with bullying employees - making my personal experience by far the worst of my career. If it were still a relatively small company, I'd recommend as a place to go for a short stint to get to grips with the industry and bear the bs while you're there. However, it no longer is that small and from what I've heard from some who still work there it's getting worse and has a very low employee retention rate - people who had joined the company when it was still a start-up have left because it is going in the wrong direction. In short, would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Poor management, poor work practices
Fun to work in a relaxed environment. The workplace is fun and enjoyable to work on a daily basis. The most enjoyable is for sure the opportunity to work with the good teams across the office.
Octopus Investments provides an inclusive environment and ethical culture for its employees to work in. Companies always claim to put customers first but Octopus actively applies policies to ensure that they are. As part of that strategy Octopus promote the contribution of the staff through regular individual and team awards.
Pros
Work culture, Company Share scheme, Employee of the month award
Cons
Salary levels reasonable but not the highest
Informal workplace, modern and colourful offices, flexible working hours. Managers caring about employees' wellness and open to support potential good ideas coming from them.
nice place to work good people interesting projects and technology Worked on Azure migrations Built Data warehouse Built Report Systems Built Automation
Nice but not for me. It's not at the sharp end of investments which I would ideally like to get in but good experience gained. The building is very well lit. Working areas are open plan and very welcoming. Refreshments are plenty and fresh fruit is delivered on a daily basis which is great. It's a lovely place and training is high pace but manageable and the products are interesting.
A typical day had a good work life balance with no requirement to work beyond your hours. Improved upon my client management massively
Excellent culture and amazing colleagues. Limited job mobility from within Operations however which is proves frustrating for the number of able graduates in the company.
Cons
Main role includes: - Bank reconciliations - Processing invoice and allocating to expense codes Fantastic workplace and great company to work for but looking for more experience than this role can offer.
Very passionate people, hardworking, nurturing. Innovative, engaging.