Odeon

Odeon Employee Reviews

Odeon is a great place to work for people working part time, students or for a first job. I always felt supported and involved. With regular team events and team viewings there’s plenty of time to get to know your colleagues.
Pros
Free cinema tickets, great food discounts
Cons
Unsocial hours
A great place if you want to work on weekends especially. While the pace yo-yos between hectic and laid back, it’s still an easy job for the most part, requiring primarily great customer service and cleanliness.
Pros
Free Films, Discounts
Cons
Low Hour Contracts
I can only describe my time at Odeon as fantastic! The managers were brilliant, my colleagues were brilliant and the perks were brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed working for a company that spends a significant amount of time investing in its employees. Training them, giving them the support they may need and recognizing the work cinema hosts do. Learnt how to handle areas independently and was also giving training on the costa side of Odeon aswell which has opened up new doors.Now for the grudges, whilst few in number there are a couple serious ones, 1) pay. Don't expect much, it's quite a low pay. If you're a student living at home this is for you, if you have to try and live off it. You may struggle 2) customers (less so to do with odeon but still something I feel is important) you will encounter seriously entitled people - although who doesnt when working retail?
Pros
Free movie tickets, discounts on food and drink, recognition prizes for work done
Cons
Low pay, unpredictable hours, entitled customers
I had a fantastic time really enjoyed working and i wish I could be a part again the work was flexible and the managers were very friendly and helpful
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Slightly less pay
lovely place to work had a great team of staff,Managers was really nice to work under. It was great to be able to have the perk of going to watch any film that i wanted at any time. 40% off retail was a lovely perk of the job.
Pros
Wish i never left
Cons
The best place I have worked for my whole life. They really cared about there staff members. Would do anything to help if you had a problem. I wish they were still in Nottingham
Cons
Odeon is a fun workplace with lots of oppurtunities to nerd out about films. The pay is minimum wage but we get free tickets, private screenings and 40% off food. Its a good first time job or a job to make a bit of money while studying. There is strong competition for hours and most people struggle to get more than 8 hours per week. This is not a job you could do full time and wouldn't be able to support most peoples living costs
Pros
Fun, Free tickets and discounted food
Cons
Minimum wage and shortage of hours
Great for a first job, low pay, but good discounts 40% off food area and odeon costa, free tickets and 11 guest passes every 1/4 of the year, management is fine, difficult to progress and never given a chance to prove yourself. Good if you don’t want to progress further into business.
Pros
Discounts, flexible shifts
Cons
Wages, progression
The roles vary day to day, you never know who is going to walk through the door for you to great. Love the place and the staff. Its a real team environment with team building nights and days out.
Hours can vary from week to week. Pay pretty much minimum wage. Unhappy working atmosphere. Tasks normally involve sales at retail or cleaning screens.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Always standing, Poor Pay
Though the job was enjoyable and relatively easy, being fairly paid for the role. I have an exceptionally poor experience with the Senior Leadership Team and would not recommend anyone works there.
It's hard work, a lot more cleaning than I'd imagined, but a great atmosphere and there's a sense of really effective communication with management. And management are always hands-on, they don't disappear when there is work to do. :)
Absolutely adore working here! The work place is so chilled and fun. Everyone works as a team. You get to see free films and the whole atmosphere is so lovely and friendly.
I worked within a fantastic team, they were all incredibly supportive. I learnt very quickly all the information and that was down to the BM I worked under. You have time to get to know who you're working with as well as the usual customers. So work-life becomes very relaxed and enjoyable. The time that you have to close down is a bit tight and if you aren't careful you can finish a lot later than planned as it's a very hands-on job. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed working there and if it wasn't for things out of the world's control I still would be.
If you want a laid back job part time to support studies or another job this is ideal. When I worked here pay was national minimum wage and they hired all ages. It was an inclusive work place with some opportunities to train in different fields and work up although not for any extra pay. Job is very relaxed and great if you love film and talking to guests about upcoming releases . In my experience this wasn't a job leading to a career but it was a great part time job that supported me while I studied. Hours are flexible and you may be expected to work shifts between 9am to 1 am be sure to give availability when starting.
I worked for the company for 12 years. Sad to say the salary never really improved over that time. The company only really cares about itself and not really the staff who make it what it is (although they make out they care about employees). Working hours are ridiculous, if you’re all about a social life outside of work then do not bother applying.
On a typical work day, it is quite relaxing and a fun time to work as a team with my other colleagues. The team and management is very friendly. Management t is always helpful.
at Odeon it was a great atmosphere and a great place to work and the staff was amazingly friendly, it was a fast pace place to work but nothing that nobody could handle too much.
Working at ODEON is really fun, a lot of friendly and happy co-workers, however it can be very busy and very stressful at peak times, however it is such a fun place to work.
Terrible place to work! They will use you for three months until your probation is up then get rid. If they don't like you or your face doesn't fit you'll be gone. Too much slagging off and backstabbing amongst team and managers (when their not doing the dirty with each other) Oh and they call 8 hours a week full-time??? Pfft, not worth the time or effort. Your just a number and convenient for 3 months.
A really fun place to work with great people and support from mangers and a great place to work for any flim buff. great staff benfits and fun compertions too
Pros
free movies
  1. Employee reviews