Off to Work
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Off to Work Employee Reviews

United Kingdom164 reviews

londonshifteventcancelhospitalityagencychooseflexible

Good work, but bad policies towards employees

Flexible timing, better pay. But really bad at serving their employees. One sided policies. They can cancel shifts any time, even less than 24 hours before a shift. But we have to cancel 48 hours before a shift. Unless we are getting strikes. Unfair.

Pros

Better pay, Flexibility

Cons

Bad policies towards employees

Decent pay with unfair treatment

Decent pay. Unfair management. Hard to book shifts and when you do they could cancel there and then even whilst on the way to the shift with no reimbursement for transport fees. Pressured into taking shifts and value their clients more than their own staff. If you value money over respect go ahead and work here

Insights into Off to Work

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Productive and amazing pay

Long day but amazing pay and travel money is reimbursed too (conditions apply). Its relaxing and no pressure, though standing and movie around for long hours but its totally worth it.

Very flexible and well-paid

Off to Work is a great place to work if you have other commitments such as uni or other job. Operations team are always willing to find you a shift on a short notice and are flexible when you cancel shifts so long as you respect a 48h in advance notice rule.

Fast-paced work, varying benefits and issues

Pay is decent but shifts are constantly getting cancelled and often the day before, which makes it very difficult to plan around this or earn consistent money. Although advanced training such as bartending courses are promised, none have thus far been offered or even mentioned. Work can be very rewarding depending on the team, manager, and customer. Managers can be very stressed/hostile or respectful, whilst the people working at OTW are usually friendly and down-to-earth. Breaks can also be variable as some places have offered me a rushed 20 minute lunch standing up as my sole break in an 8 hour shift. The positives are the workers and the range of skills you learn, but if you are looking for any consistency in shifts this company frustratingly falls very short.

Pros

workers, skills learnt, sometimes long hours if you need money fast

Cons

very inconsistent work, lack of promised advancement, managers (sometimes)

Stressig und unterbezahlt

Teilweise unfreundliche Vorgesetzte, abhängig von Veranstaltung. Sehr streng.

Stressfull place

No security they should give more money as for long housrs plus travelling money as well . They all workers not friendly some are very rude just they want work without any break

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours long shifts

Treat drivers appallingly

You can be working 18 out of 30 days one month and 4 out of 30 in the next. You are not adequately compensated as a driver. Impossible to plan your life as almost a pensioner.

fast paced but stressful too

started working there within two weeks after my interview, transport was provided when needed which made it easier to get to the site.however long hours of work snd no breaks sometimes. On two occasions worked for 15+ hours with only one break which was at the end of the shift.

Fun

Good place, friendly enviroment, everything is alright. Easy to book your shift, weekly payments. I had no any issue with payments, always on time....

Good coworkers and easy job to get during christmas

Management not always the best at assigning enough staff for certain days and roles. Typical job in hospitality and easy to take shifts that you want to work.

Great company

Great company to work for and will most definitely work around your personal life. Get to work at some of the most prestigious venues and events in the country and abroad.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Not always guaranteed work due to this being an agency job.

One of the best companies ever

When I started, the work was coming in regularly. They were always asking me to do shifts. They pay higher than any other agency. They take you on, even if you don't have experience and train you. They got me the most amazing assignments from Grand Hotel, where Tom Cruise stayed to Blenheim Palace. The ethos is amazing. They really felt like family to me. Always very sweet. I needed a shirt for Edgbaston Park Hotel and they told me to call by the office and had one for me. I attended an event for Mel Gibson at a London Hotel and was shocked by the standards the staff were trained to. I realised just how high standards OTW have when it comes to their employees and they won't allow us to make fools of ourselves in front of the client.

Pros

They paid you for two hours travel time to Blenheim Palace.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Perfect job for uni life

I worked here during uni and I don't regret it. The main good thing about OTW is that you get to choose the shifts you want to work. So if you are a full time student, it's important to be allowed to choose your shifts according to your classes. The job itself is hard (e.g the dishes at the NEC are sooo heavy) but for a uni job, it's what you would expect. It's a company that provides staff for events, so the job is what it is. Waiter, cashier or bartender. You receive training for each of the positions.

Can be great company if there were enough shifts offered to employees

My first few weeks since starting at otw has had good times but also bad times. Although I love traveling to different places, meeting new people, being at interesting shifts and getting paid on time. The one thing that doesn't put a smile on my face is the lack of shifts available, they would give you many shifts to apply to but in reality you may get zero to one or two of those shifts a week. I would have to call to find out if I got any shifts from a list of 7 shifts available online only to be told there's no shift available for me, like why does it say there's so many shifts online and now you tell me there's none, that's super annoying especially if I am available on that day and want a shift. Even when I apply for a shift in advance I could still be left with 1 to 2 shifts a week, I am literally in heaven if that week I have more than 2 shifts because its like a dream most of the time and if I don't call its likely that there wouldn't be any shift available for me for that whole entire week. The only time they have a decent amount of shifts in a week is when the client needs as many employees as possible which is usually when we need a whole coach of people and that doesn't happen every week. I am going to university soon and I wanted my break to be filled with at least 4 to 6 shifts every week before I go to university, but its unlikely that would happen, to be honest I feel like I am not good enough for the company maybe there are better employees that they would rather take, I have only been there for a few weeks but I am not enjoying the lack of shifts and if -

Pros

free lunch, payment per hour is good, travel, meet new people and go to new locations, get tips, flexible

Cons

sometimes long hours are not worth the time spent there, lack of shifts, sometimes you have rude clients you work for, organisation of the agency is not always great, sometimes the shift breaks are too short or you are waiting too long before getting a break

Decent

It’s ok but sometimes there’s not a lot of work. It’s good for extra money not for living expenses. The people there can be mean but they don’t banish you like indeed flex... I’d choose Off to work over Indeed flex any day!

Pros

Sometimes provides transport

Cons

Not a lot of work

Yes......fun place to work. Some staffs are good while are ?

Well....I think the company should care about their staff as we not for only their clients. I personaly had terrible experience with them....during covid-19, the company let me down.

Pros

Free lunch

Great company

Great company to work for, lots of varied work and opportunities. Management is great always looking out for you, lots of training.

Pros

Free training

Great... until it wasn't

great amount of flexibility in the beginning. i worked in a range of places, from football grounds to functions, and although the work could be stressful at times (time pressure, handling extremely hot/heavy objects) it was the best paying of all the agencies. Everything was fine for a year until I called in sick one day with food poisoning. The event was late afternoon and the coach would have left in the morning. I was too unwell to go. Despite ringing, texting, and emailing the out of hours numbers/email address (company procedure when you were ill), and following up with a phone call the day after, I was fired immediately for not turning up for work. I tried to send them proof of my contacting them in the ways the contract had specified, and the company had blocked my email.

Pros

great pay

Cons

you're disposable because someone will come along and fill your position any time

Productive, conducive and fun place to work

Excellent team and effort. They are very professional and you get ti work mostly in corporate settings and events as well. Colleagues are social and great to work with.

Stressful and impersonal

I worked at off to work for 3 months and hated every second of it. The managements were strict, impersonal and rude. You were treated like a number not a human being. The hours were long - often people would be doing 14 hour shifts - with awful breaks. The anxiety of doing a new shift with different people every time was awful. Do not work here.

Pros

Free lunches most times, highest paying agency, assisted travel to far away jobs

Cons

Long hours, rude managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Off to Work. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement