Off to Work

Off to Work Employee Reviews

great amount of flexibility in the beginning. i worked in a range of places, from football grounds to functions, and although the work could be stressful at times (time pressure, handling extremely hot/heavy objects) it was the best paying of all the agencies. Everything was fine for a year until I called in sick one day with food poisoning. The event was late afternoon and the coach would have left in the morning. I was too unwell to go. Despite ringing, texting, and emailing the out of hours numbers/email address (company procedure when you were ill), and following up with a phone call the day after, I was fired immediately for not turning up for work. I tried to send them proof of my contacting them in the ways the contract had specified, and the company had blocked my email.
Pros
great pay
Cons
you're disposable because someone will come along and fill your position any time
Great company to work for, lots of varied work and opportunities. Management is great always looking out for you, lots of training.
Pros
Free training
Excellent team and effort. They are very professional and you get ti work mostly in corporate settings and events as well. Colleagues are social and great to work with.
I worked at off to work for 3 months and hated every second of it. The managements were strict, impersonal and rude. You were treated like a number not a human being. The hours were long - often people would be doing 14 hour shifts - with awful breaks. The anxiety of doing a new shift with different people every time was awful. Do not work here.
Pros
Free lunches most times, highest paying agency, assisted travel to far away jobs
Cons
Long hours, rude managers
They treat you like rubbish for the money they pay you, when u call to cancel work they try and force you to work that shift. Office staff no training on how to deal with people with complex needs, And their clients 🙄 dont get me started.
Cons
I really enjoy this work because it never gets boring! Everyday the situation and the place changes, I feel challenged and I always learn something new.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
possible long hours to travel
Manager can be quite cold. Someone was left at Perth and the bus drive continued, we didn't notice until she called. The .manager called the bus driver to say to leave her there.The poor girl had to pay for a cab from Perth to Edinburgh and the company refused to pay the expense.
I have only worked with them once its ridiculous as i am a single parent looking for work and I thought this organization would help me.They should be more cultural and have someone to support you check if you need shifts i never enjoyed my experience i wish they could of give me more shifts beneficial to me and in right location.
Pros
free luncheds
Cons
hours to long and areas of work very far
A few of the places I had the opportunity to work at was Cheltenham Race Course and at Milton Keynes Stadium where I and my team watched Take That perform from our little kiosk directly opposite the stage. This was fun and I learned how to work a till which I didn't have the prior experience in using. I also like how they text you if there's shifts available last minute either on the day or the next day. I like this as if I'm not doing anything or my plans get cancelled then I can just reply to the text to accept it. Very flexible, you choose which shifts you want and when, locational or by type (waitress, bartender, chef, barista, porter, general assistant, etc.) Additional training is available if you want to be trained in another sector like bartending, barista, etc. Which opens up more opportunities for you with Off To Work and other places too.
Pros
Excellent training, exciting opportunities and good employee support.
Cons
First come first served shifts so you have to apply to them ASAP.
Little / No opportunities to advance Low salaries, unpaid extra hours No commissions / a poor and confusing bonus scheme that management can't even explain properly - and not all departments benefit from NO FURLOUGH - the owner decided not to (I guess this says a lot...)
Pros
some nice team activities, some lovely colleagues
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Off to Work?
My main issue with the job was that they said from the start that you could pick up and turn down shifts as you choose because it was a zero-hour contract; they implied that you as the worker had no obligation to the employer as well as vice versa. In reality, they put you onto shifts at the last minute and took it very badly when you tried to rearrange a shift even several weeks in advance. The pay was quite good but wouldn't cover living costs because they won't put you onto enough shifts. The management was also very unorganised and expected all employees to be fully trained. However, I did learn vital skills in this job and my colleagues were very professional and fun to work with.
A great place to work with a positive workplace culture, with great oppurtinities for progression. Would recommend to anyone looking for work within the hospitality and staffing industry.
The rudest staff member I've ever come across. They have sent me and my friend home because we had nail varnish on, and told that this was our warning over such a little thing. They are insulting if you try to cancel a shift and would talk over you very rudely. THE WORDT AGENCY, with egoistic staff especially in CARDIFF.
18 March 2020
Good afternoon,We're very sorry to hear that you had such an experience with one of our team, especially as we ask our expect our handling of any such situation to be delivered with the greatest care.Unfortunately, as stated in our grooming guide and re-iterated at our assessment day, we cannot accept nail varnish of any colour on shifts as it is a cross-contamination hazard when working around food. Our process will have been to ask you to remove it and, if you refused, we would have had to send you home as we cannot take that risk with our client's guests and their safety.If there is anything further you would like to follow up with, our HR team are contactable at michelle.palmer@offtowork.co.uk where all details will be treated with full confidentiality and anonymity. Kindest regards,Jess @ OTW
I am really surprised and disappointed at the confrontation I encountered with the management staff. I worked with Off to Work as hospitality front of house alongside both university and another waitressing job to earn a little more money. I had to cancel a shift recently due to the current increased risk of illness. Obviously, this is an inconvenience out of everyone’s hands. The shift was due to be an excessive total of 17 hours, 10.5 hours paid and the rest travel, beginning at 5am. I’m aware that my actions will have been inconvenient, however I didn’t believe the response was justified. The hours, combined with the risk of illness meant it was in my best interest to cancel. Regardless of the working circumstances and cancellation, when next contacting the office to confirm the situation, I was met with immediate hostility and was continuously spoken over. The working circumstances were irrelevant at this point as I was just so surprised at the unprovoked, rude and unprofessional conversation I was met with.
18 March 2020
Good afternoon,Thank you very much for you feedback on this matter. At Off to Work, we pride ourselves on supporting and creating an atmosphere full of respect to all of our casual team members as we know how important you are to the success of our brand. It is disappointing to hear that our actions did not meet those expectations and have left you upset. We would like to investigate this matter further to ensure that all members of our team are following the correct code of conduct. Would you be so kind to provide us with more information by contacting our HR team at michelle.palmer@offtowork.co.uk. All details will be treated with full confidentiality and anonymity. Kindest regards,Jess @ OTW
Off to Work was the first agency I joined as a chef. We had to do a skills test that was really fun. I had fun, interesting jobs with them and worked at many different places, learning a lot and meeting some lifelong friends. The rate of pay is dreadful.
5 March 2020
Good afternoon, thanks for sharing your experiences with us!I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and can only apologise that our rate of pay is not what you were expecting. If this is something you'd like to discuss further, please feel free to contact our HR team at michelle.palmer@offtowork.co.uk.Kindest regards,Amanda @ OTW
A typical day would be meeting up at the office to then meet the people I will work with on my shift. Each client has different needs so it is essential to listen and ask questions in order to provide the best service to their customers. Everyone is welcoming but as soon as work begins everyone gets to their station. The job is very fast-paced so it takes some adjusting to but the management team are always there to help.
3 March 2020
Hello,It's so good to hear that you're enjoying your time with us! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.Kindest regards,Amanda
OFF TO WORK is a very good company with a variety of skills that you can learn. It also gives you the opportunity to make new friends during the shift and go to a different event whether in the UK
Pros
flexible hours and transport providing to the work place
Cons
unorganised some times
5 March 2020
Hello,Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to make so many new friends throughout your time with us, and the wealth of skills you've picked up along the way. I'm sorry to hear that you felt we were unorganised at times. We work hard to make sure everything goes as smooth as possible for our team. Unfortunately, we can get quite busy during peak season which may look unorganised, but rest assured we have taken your feedback on board and have relayed to the team. Thank you for your patience with us at that time!Kindest regards,Amanda @ OTW
Working there can be good if you meet the right people and most the office workers are friendly and helpful. The salary various on experience the longer you’re there the more you can earn
5 March 2020
Hello! Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying your time with us and that our office team have been of support to you.Feel free to give us a shout with anything you need!Kindest regards,Amanda @ OTW
Worked at a range of different locations such as concerts, football stadiums, horse races. Learn how to communicate and serve customers in a professional manner. Hardest part was when it got overly busy but its nothing couldn't handle. Most enjoyable part was working with new people all the time.
5 March 2020
Good afternoon!It's great to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us at Off to Work, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We look forward to hearing from you soon.Kindest regards,Amanda @ OTW
Being sent so all over the country is not ideal. I has a massive impact on health and well-being. Although can be rewarding. Working high end events is something you never forget.
10 February 2020
Hi!Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us on these high-profile events. We offer our team members flexible, casual working which also includes the location of the work. If you work again with us in the future, you're more than welcome to specify which locations you're able to work! If you would like to discuss this further, you can get in touch with the HR team at michelle.palmer@offtowork.co.uk.Kindest regards,Amanda, OTW
Trabaje en sitios muy interesantes como el Albert Royal Hall O el Teatro real
10 February 2020
Hello!Thank you so much for getting in touch. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us at these iconic venues, as we love to provide these opportunities for our team.Kindest regards,Amanda, OTW
  1. Employee reviews