Off to Work
Happiness score is 79 out of 100

Off to Work Employee Reviews

United Kingdom159 reviews

fast paced but stressful too

started working there within two weeks after my interview, transport was provided when needed which made it easier to get to the site.however long hours of work snd no breaks sometimes. On two occasions worked for 15+ hours with only one break which was at the end of the shift.

Stressfull place

No security they should give more money as for long housrs plus travelling money as well . They all workers not friendly some are very rude just they want work without any break

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours long shifts

Insights into Off to Work

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Treat drivers appallingly

You can be working 18 out of 30 days one month and 4 out of 30 in the next. You are not adequately compensated as a driver. Impossible to plan your life as almost a pensioner.

Fun

Good place, friendly enviroment, everything is alright. Easy to book your shift, weekly payments. I had no any issue with payments, always on time....

Good coworkers and easy job to get during christmas

Management not always the best at assigning enough staff for certain days and roles. Typical job in hospitality and easy to take shifts that you want to work.

Great company

Great company to work for and will most definitely work around your personal life. Get to work at some of the most prestigious venues and events in the country and abroad.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Not always guaranteed work due to this being an agency job.

flexible jobs / easy money

Flexible employment for extra cash when someone can't work full time. Agency offers different shifts in venues, like restaurants and events. Jobs are mainly for food and drinks runners under supervision, bussers and KP's, waiters and bartenders or mixture. It can be busy, especially when it's a shortage of staff or dead, when quiet. It depends on the type of shifts, which you can pick up from the app, so it's not too monotonous as working in one place.. Wage is usually minimum and it adds holiday pay to weekly payrolls so it gives a sense of earning more. However, there are plenty of long shifts, where you can work in a row and make quick money, especially in a busy period like Christmas, etc. when bonuses or tips are offered. The company is quite strict in terms of uniform and punctuality, not turning up to shift may result in immediate dismissal.

Pros

App, flexibility, meeting new people, nice colleagues, fun

Cons

no progress, doing the silliest or worst tasks needed

One of the best companies ever

When I started, the work was coming in regularly. They were always asking me to do shifts. They pay higher than any other agency. They take you on, even if you don't have experience and train you. They got me the most amazing assignments from Grand Hotel, where Tom Cruise stayed to Blenheim Palace. The ethos is amazing. They really felt like family to me. Always very sweet. I needed a shirt for Edgbaston Park Hotel and they told me to call by the office and had one for me. I attended an event for Mel Gibson at a London Hotel and was shocked by the standards the staff were trained to. I realised just how high standards OTW have when it comes to their employees and they won't allow us to make fools of ourselves in front of the client.

Pros

They paid you for two hours travel time to Blenheim Palace.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Perfect job for uni life

I worked here during uni and I don't regret it. The main good thing about OTW is that you get to choose the shifts you want to work. So if you are a full time student, it's important to be allowed to choose your shifts according to your classes. The job itself is hard (e.g the dishes at the NEC are sooo heavy) but for a uni job, it's what you would expect. It's a company that provides staff for events, so the job is what it is. Waiter, cashier or bartender. You receive training for each of the positions.

Can be great company if there were enough shifts offered to employees

My first few weeks since starting at otw has had good times but also bad times. Although I love traveling to different places, meeting new people, being at interesting shifts and getting paid on time. The one thing that doesn't put a smile on my face is the lack of shifts available, they would give you many shifts to apply to but in reality you may get zero to one or two of those shifts a week. I would have to call to find out if I got any shifts from a list of 7 shifts available online only to be told there's no shift available for me, like why does it say there's so many shifts online and now you tell me there's none, that's super annoying especially if I am available on that day and want a shift. Even when I apply for a shift in advance I could still be left with 1 to 2 shifts a week, I am literally in heaven if that week I have more than 2 shifts because its like a dream most of the time and if I don't call its likely that there wouldn't be any shift available for me for that whole entire week. The only time they have a decent amount of shifts in a week is when the client needs as many employees as possible which is usually when we need a whole coach of people and that doesn't happen every week. I am going to university soon and I wanted my break to be filled with at least 4 to 6 shifts every week before I go to university, but its unlikely that would happen, to be honest I feel like I am not good enough for the company maybe there are better employees that they would rather take, I have only been there for a few weeks but I am not enjoying the lack of shifts and if -

Pros

free lunch, payment per hour is good, travel, meet new people and go to new locations, get tips, flexible

Cons

sometimes long hours are not worth the time spent there, lack of shifts, sometimes you have rude clients you work for, organisation of the agency is not always great, sometimes the shift breaks are too short or you are waiting too long before getting a break

Decent

It’s ok but sometimes there’s not a lot of work. It’s good for extra money not for living expenses. The people there can be mean but they don’t banish you like indeed flex... I’d choose Off to work over Indeed flex any day!

Pros

Sometimes provides transport

Cons

Not a lot of work

Yes......fun place to work. Some staffs are good while are ?

Well....I think the company should care about their staff as we not for only their clients. I personaly had terrible experience with them....during covid-19, the company let me down.

Pros

Free lunch

Great company

Great company to work for, lots of varied work and opportunities. Management is great always looking out for you, lots of training.

Pros

Free training

Great... until it wasn't

great amount of flexibility in the beginning. i worked in a range of places, from football grounds to functions, and although the work could be stressful at times (time pressure, handling extremely hot/heavy objects) it was the best paying of all the agencies. Everything was fine for a year until I called in sick one day with food poisoning. The event was late afternoon and the coach would have left in the morning. I was too unwell to go. Despite ringing, texting, and emailing the out of hours numbers/email address (company procedure when you were ill), and following up with a phone call the day after, I was fired immediately for not turning up for work. I tried to send them proof of my contacting them in the ways the contract had specified, and the company had blocked my email.

Pros

great pay

Cons

you're disposable because someone will come along and fill your position any time

Productive, conducive and fun place to work

Excellent team and effort. They are very professional and you get ti work mostly in corporate settings and events as well. Colleagues are social and great to work with.

Stressful and impersonal

I worked at off to work for 3 months and hated every second of it. The managements were strict, impersonal and rude. You were treated like a number not a human being. The hours were long - often people would be doing 14 hour shifts - with awful breaks. The anxiety of doing a new shift with different people every time was awful. Do not work here.

Pros

Free lunches most times, highest paying agency, assisted travel to far away jobs

Cons

Long hours, rude managers

Dont bother

They treat you like rubbish for the money they pay you, when u call to cancel work they try and force you to work that shift. Office staff no training on how to deal with people with complex needs, And their clients 🙄 dont get me started.

Cons

Different place of work everyday

I really enjoy this work because it never gets boring! Everyday the situation and the place changes, I feel challenged and I always learn something new.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

possible long hours to travel

My only complain, manager without heart

Manager can be quite cold. Someone was left at Perth and the bus drive continued, we didn't notice until she called. The .manager called the bus driver to say to leave her there.The poor girl had to pay for a cab from Perth to Edinburgh and the company refused to pay the expense.

never got no shifts

I have only worked with them once its ridiculous as i am a single parent looking for work and I thought this organization would help me.They should be more cultural and have someone to support you check if you need shifts i never enjoyed my experience i wish they could of give me more shifts beneficial to me and in right location.

Pros

free luncheds

Cons

hours to long and areas of work very far

Very flexible, offers great opportunities and high quality training

A few of the places I had the opportunity to work at was Cheltenham Race Course and at Milton Keynes Stadium where I and my team watched Take That perform from our little kiosk directly opposite the stage. This was fun and I learned how to work a till which I didn't have the prior experience in using. I also like how they text you if there's shifts available last minute either on the day or the next day. I like this as if I'm not doing anything or my plans get cancelled then I can just reply to the text to accept it. Very flexible, you choose which shifts you want and when, locational or by type (waitress, bartender, chef, barista, porter, general assistant, etc.) Additional training is available if you want to be trained in another sector like bartending, barista, etc. Which opens up more opportunities for you with Off To Work and other places too.

Pros

Excellent training, exciting opportunities and good employee support.

Cons

First come first served shifts so you have to apply to them ASAP.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Off to Work. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement