Office Shoes
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Office Shoes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom302 reviews

stockroomtargetcommissionofficediscountwhilstpairshop

Low wage and maximum effort

Requires you to run the store whilst supervisors stand and watch. Fun store to work in with regards to other sales assistants and management. Minimum wage but commission is good.

Fun workplace

Good place just very fast paced and you get enough training to help you to do your job effectively and efficiently whilest also making sure you are doing it to the best of your ability

Insights into Office Shoes

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Not great.

Not an enjoyable place to work at- customers are frequently rude (although this is of course not the fault of the store), and the store manager is highly hypocritical and pressuring, and quite simply not a nice person to work for. The rest of the staff however, are all lovely. Pay is not great, and isn’t worth the difficulties that the job will give.This may be good however for someone looking for a first job.

Not Paid fairly

Not a great place to work as the company don’t pay fairly for the amount of work you put into each day, can barely live off it and expected to do overtime every week due to the lack of staff i don’t blame the management it’s the company's fault everyone should get paid equally for the same job, management not very organised lack of training given to new employees all a mess

Pros

Fast paced

Cons

Low Pay

Not paid enough

Not paid enough for the amount of effort and work put into work, lazy supervisors always making you do things which aren’t part of your job feel like taken advantage of which puts you off

Pros

commission

Cons

Not worth the pay

don’t have much of a social life

The job itself is easy enough and chilled but the management certainly didn’t practise what they preached, one in particular thought she was way too big for her boots. The pay is nothing to scream about and the commission I believe CAN be good on periods where it’s school holidays/return to school or Christmas so its not all the time. You get your rota a week before hand so not much time for plans outside of work and you can work daft hours (13:30-22:30) being the latest and then sometimes in early the next day so not very planned out. Only giving it 2 stars as it’s easy for say like a first job when you’re 16/18 maybe and you get decent discount.

Absolute pleasure working here. A DREAM.

Head office is extremely welcoming, its rare to find a bunch of passionate and kind people all in the same place. Everyone is treated like equals, and no one is off limits to approach. Its open to ideas from anyone, with room to progress and learn if you wish. The environment is hard working but relaxed, with a tone set from management that emails can wait until tomorrow, and to enjoy your evening. There is always a lot going on, but working in such a great place with great people make it all manageable and dare I say fun.

Pros

Amazing work life balance. Sociable team. Flexi hours. Relaxed office.

Cons

Sweet stashes everywhere.

Great place to work never a dull day in my store!

lots of energy, great team, great product. I got commission on what I sold which was a good boost to pay which isn't the highest however commission meant my actual hourly was over and above this!

Pros

the team

Cons

can be a lot of hardwork, but i enjoy that

Terrible is an understatement!

Not fun at all. very terrible experience. DO NOT APPLY TO THIS COMPANY THAT DOES NOT VALUE THE WELL-BEING OF ITS EMPLOYEES! The brand is excellent, but the people who manage the store are the worst!

Pros

N/a

Cons

no discounts, no orientation, there's really no positive word I could share about this officer store im working at.

Fun workplace if you have the right team

I absolutely loved my job at office right until the very end, only because I had the best team around me! My shop ended up shutting and was a very quick process which was very sad and extremely stressful, if it wasn’t for one person from head office I would have walked out during that process. I was part of management which meant I had to basically give my all to the job which was great at sometimes but also extremely hard at other times! I loved my job but it was all down to who I had around me. If it wasn’t for them I would have left a long time ago! You always have something to do at office, never a dull day!

Pros

Discount, always having something to do

Cons

Pay, work life balance, management

fun while it lasted

really enjoyable at first however working on minimum wage is not sufficient. you “work on commission” but if there is lots of staff you can go weeks without making a penny in commission regardless of how hard you work. great team but not worth it due to the low pay.

Really poor should pay better

Poor place to work earn the minimum wage which is ridiculous for what you have to do. Run like dogs up and down the stairs. Only good thing is that staff are nice

Unfortunately Office is moving from bad to worse.

Let me be clear… I have worked at all levels in store working my way from sales assistant to store manager; and there isn’t a single role in office at this current time that you can’t find better pay, benefits and, culture elsewhere… that’s the base line. Pros - Teams are often left to produce results without much communication from area managers or head office. This often leads to teams having to muddle through together, so local culture, and immediate colleges can be a real bonus… teams pull together with real community spirit. I have made some life long friends here and for that I am grateful. Cons; as a sales assistant, the role can be monotonous, repetitive and lacking any real incentive. Entering into management positions unfortunately only results in a stressful demanding environment… targets are high with little/no explanation of why or toolkits to support. Frankly Pay is abysmal with industry rates being much higher. There are no regular pay reviews and for the sales staff, the vast majority of the year commission can be completely unattainable.My experience with head office has been exceptionally poor, very little communication and support, specific too property, I could find myself in unsafe situations without support… Spending years, without instore, heating or air-conditioning… dangerous leaks, piles of large item waste, crumbling floors, and dark unlit environments.

Pros

Teamwork and teams instore

Cons

Pay and reward, head office and property support, minimal, communication, and unrealistic, expectations, poor product

good team but schedule often changes, no steady income

I love my colleagues but if you're not a sales assistant who gets commissions (which are also quite low) you only get national minimum wage. if you like retail and shoes, this job is for you. You don't get a contract with many hours, so you can work 16, 23, or longer per week but you don't really know as it depends how busy it gets.

Pros

discount on shoes, nice colleagues

Cons

no steady income, low pay

Safe but not stimulating

I worked in the stockroom for two years. I Had an amazing team, so it depends on the people you work with. To start off with my store manager was very opinionated and clearly liked to be in charge. When she left, our new store manager was a breath of fresh air and alot more laid back! The company isn't great for bonuses or incentives, considering the hours over Christmas and holiday periods are intense! The area management are too laid back about vacancies, we where running without a store manager for 5 months and that took its toll on everyone! My general jobs are okay kept you busy. You meet some interesting people but everyday is the same. Is a good job for a student or a youngster starting out in the working world

Pros

Good discount on shoes

Cons

Too many sales/disorganised management

Lovely hardworking team

OFFICE is a good company to work for they have lots of benefits for management and staff (staff are on something similar to commision and are on minimum wage so it makes them more determined to sell). Discounts are okay you get 65% off one pair of shoes (i think it was just office brand) and 25% off branded. I was a bit underwhelmed as in previous retail companies I was given a uniform allowance (certain items to have to wear for work) and with office there wasn’t anything in place for that.

the best

genuinely best job ive ever had.can get hectic at times but deffo worth it and stay.wish id stayed longer, really regret leaving the company.rwally amazing people

Pros

people

Cons

none tbh

Fun

Competitive especially over the holidays. Good benefits and got the hours i needed Management made balancing work and school difficult however the shifts would get changes regardless.

Staff issues

Company is sold as a amazing brand to work for etc etc but in reality it’s not this is not true for every location but defo true for me Mediocre staff given far to much power without the ability to use it, managers hiring there friends so it’s become a social gathering where takeaways were ordered during work times and not lunch and staff gathering back of house to discuss there lives instead of working And when approached by the SM the ASM and supervisors back there friends instead of company policies and procedures Overall I couldn’t advise someone to join but I’d do my research about the team and location first as there very little support from certain people after you have joined by then it’s to late

Kind community

Nice small shop, not too overwhelming. Good training, nice management and feels like a small family but that's because of the store being a smaller store.

Pros

Free pair of shoes twice a year

Cons

wasn't till trained despite working there for a year

Pay is so bad

Worst company I have worked for.Pay is bad The way you get treated is bad progressing don't even think about it Your work hard for nothing No support Their values are not followed Honestly its bad. The only good thing is if you come across working with nice team and nice management that makes you days actually nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement