One Housing Group

One Housing Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
One Housing Group selected this as a representative review
I am very fortunate to have had the chance to work for this company. I have ha d the change to learn a lot from the wonderful people that work for it. I had the chance to grow and to thrive. I had a promotion while working for them and they give me responsibilities for training, RCM meetings and to develop my profession.
Infact the company is a very reliable and very responsible, They never fail in their payment they always look after staff, Very lovely but we are ask to stop working despite that the job is still available the job was just transfered to an agency which is very very painful. They company could have remove the bad staff and keep the good ones but we are all punish together which is unfair. But the company is very good.
Pros
Provisions provided always
Cons
We work long hour including overtime
Fun,good team however management pushy.Team are wonderful but work demanding. Lots of training however need to put your own time in . A lot is expected from you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
A lot expected from you
Very supportive and encouraging team and senior team managers. Very competent and knowledgable team, very interesting and challenging clients to work with.
Pros
Good salary, supportive management, flexible working hours
Cons
crazy hours in AP, way too much overworked so highly stressful depressing environment to work in. Socially great teammate but nothing more really. too much burden from long hours...
Cons
One housing have a great way of convincing you that they have good values and put people at the heart of what they do, including staff. Perhaps some of the places of work do, but I did not experience that. From the number of policies and procedures in place youd expect that they are followed, but are certainly not. Management do not encourage, appreciate or see the effort that is put in, or take ideas, suggestions and experience of staff on board. Senior Management do not recognise poor staff performance or address it in a timely manner unless it suits them, and training is sparce and not monitored. Staff retention is low and the recruitment process is the longest I've seen. The CEO needs to get to grass roots level to see exactly how staff and clients are being let down. I have never worked for a company like this before and would not recommend it based on my experience. The role and reputation of the company was definitely misold during recruitment. If you want a second opinion ask the reasons why the last 10 members of staff have left in as many months. Only get every other weekend off and no over time until 6 month probation has passed. No enhanced pay for bank holidays and hard work is not recognised in anyway shape or form so leaves you feeling worthless.
Pros
Commutable
Cons
Rigid Rota patterns, poor senior management, no encouragement to progress
The supervisor at the was very difficult to work with, which put alots of pressure all staff member. However, I enjoyed the job role and I find it fulfilling.
Pros
Work colleague were amazing
Cons
Supervisor and management lack communication skills.
I worked at Baycroft owned by one housing as a deputy manager. I have been successful in other providers achieving good and outstanding ratings.There is a bullying culture from senior management, no clinical policies or procedures and the senior management team have absolutely no experience in nursing homes and often make decisions which directly contradicts the NMC code of conduct. Any nurse wanting to keep their registration should AVOID Baycroft at all costs.
Pros
free car parking
Cons
working with cowboys
One Housing is an organisation catering housing and good care. If one decides to continue to work as a carer, it,s either they are not further qualified or comfortable with their role and salary. Not sure how great opportunities are in order to progress further, but One Housing gives good training and helps individuals to be effective carers.
Pros
Staff are looked after by the group in terms of being flexible with their hours, get free lunches and can chat to management at anytime.
Cons
No time to waste. Customers are in the centre of care.
The job itself is very good, the problem I had was that the lady doing the rota thought it was except-able to change the rota day to day and not tell you about it, it was supposed to be a two week rota. So you could not plan anything even a doctor or dentist appointment.
Pros
Good company, good benefits.
Cons
Rota changing all the time.
Not very accommodating for people with young children, useless management, always short staffed, no thanks for working you butt off every shift either.
Pros
Cons
Management are useless.
Good extra job. Interesting to be a part of the company and make a bit of a difference to the housing sector. Have to be committed to meeting dates and phone conversations. Quite a bit of reading required looking at KPIs and maintenance issues. Some site visits etc. Fairly interesting role.
Pros
Reasonably interesting and helps improve Housing issues.
Cons
Can be challenging at times.
Very poor management skills from senior management , treated like a dog. Hard work not appreciated and experienced backstabbing, unfair treatment, nepotism. Unbelievable they can still run in the market. They are a joke. Their new care homes.. A big disgrace due to very bad management. Stay away people!!!
Pros
Cons
Poorly treated
Day to day work varied. Usual month-end management reporting and annual budget setting. Analysis required across Directorates and business streams, which was sometimes complicated. Liaising with other parts of Finance and service areas, including non-finance staff
a good place to start your career and get some training, experience. care and Support side of one Housing has bad management and very unorganised and full of stress and...
I worked as night member , security appeared to be what I was employed for rather than care , was left in 3 floor building on my own at night when front doors used to open in middle of night , was only staff member of a night having to deal with the flats , any problems and walk checks of all floor of night and with the doors open I didn't feel safe , management at time didn't seem to worry about this and something serious came to light when I had my supervision regarding a member of management at time bought it to head office attention for it then to be brushed under carpet , I learnt not to work for one housing again . I did nearly go back as I missed the job but very happy now I didn't
Enjoyed working with a team that were competitive and diligent in their work efforts to gain results. However, I never really appreciated aspects of line management complaining and talk openly about other members of staff! Totally unprofessional and just simply unkind. Aspects of senior management were impatient and quite rude!
When I started the home wasn’t open. So we had to go to flitwick to “train”. It’s a very disorganised company to work for. The management are shocking. No support or care for the staff. The way I heard the manager and assistant manager speak to some members of staff was disgusting. When I decided I’d had enough of working in a playground, the staff were being expected to sit in an empty building to work there 12 hour shifts. If you want a nice job with nice management then avoid here at all costs..
As an Support Officer, working for One Housing a typical day at work can consist of you playing a lot of professional roles. Counselor/ Housing officer/adviser. I have learnt various skills and completed some training whilst working here e.g. Safeguarding, Health and Safety Dealing with Customers anxiety and depression. Management are are some what evasive and do not communicate as much as they should. The hardest part of the job is it sometimes becomes frustrating as you have to stick to procedures and policies. The most enjoyable time is when a customers reaches a milestone or we accomplish a goal. ( New accommodation, Higher rate of benefit,)
Easy going and fun place to work. I would recommend for others to work there as it helped me grow into other fields within the company. I was able to network and work my way out of customer service.
If you have a penchant for being micro managed, paid poorly, spoken to like you have candyfloss between your ears, and enjoy being told to carry out tasks that are both illegal and detrimental to your own health, then you will love working here.
  1. Employee reviews