One Stop Stores

One Stop Stores Employee Reviews

Minimum wage but nice colleges time goes quick when busy not too hard but a fair bit of work.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Wage
The job is ok but if the owner doesn't like you for some reason he'll make you feel unappreciated and no matter how hard you work he will treat you unfairly. He picks his favourite staff members, and they're treated very well. This is at franchise stores.
Cons
Open 6am till 11pm.
Long hours with no appreciation for doing extra hours or how hard you do work. Lack of store management skills. Only care about having someone to do the shift. Lack of training when promoted. When in need of store manager when not in the business won’t answer phone calls.
Cons
Senior management expect some stores to work one on one most days whilst other stores who don’t make take much more get loads of hours and regularly have 3-4 people per shift. Whilst I enjoyed my role I found the stores to be very unorganised and chaotic. Some store managers will rota you in for overtime without asking before hand and when you refuse because you have plans you are questioned to why you need the day off and if it’s really necessary. But will not question why other managers are not doing overtime. The pay for what is expected is awful and the benefits do not match the work expected. The area manager would come in and destroy the store manager, reducing them to tears but not proving any practical support.All of this being said if you are looking for something to get experience in retail then look no further, this company will give you the foundation in management but no more.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, hours and unrealistic expectations
I have nothing bad to say about One stop apart from the fact they closed the store down and a bunch of us were made redundantThe pay was goodThe hours were practicalThe job itself was simple Easy days
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people.The hardest part of the job is the quite shifts.I learned a lot about interacting with people and how making small mistakes isn't the end of the world. I have always taken responsibility for the mistakes that I made, which has worked in my favour.
Pros
Employee Discount, Odd shifts
Cons
Odd shifts
Its a bad company to work for is the only thing i can say, my store manager dont help you at all, the area manager dont have your back either, complints not taken seriously, 100% worse company to work for
Cons
I loved working for one stop and I am sad j had too leave but I'm so glad I worked there the best job I've ever had and will never find a job and colleagues ever again so I would recommend a job with one stop too everyone I know
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
One of the worst places I have worked at major favouritism within staff members from the manager treats everyone differently and miserable environment
Pros
Cons
Management and terrible place to work
Basically if you'd like to be treated like something they stepped in then this is the place for you. They're vile and selfish. They don't care about you as a person. They're happy for you to help them and be at their beckoned call but will constantly treat you like you don't matter. They will break you down and make you cry. dont do it. Dont put yourself through it.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Everything else
No work life balance and definitely no consistancy or treated fairly. If your face fits at the time you'll be fine .The colleagues you work with are lovely but the management side is totally different . The area manager gossips about everyone
Pros
Non
Cons
Work life balance stress
Very bad attitude from manager such a dirty man ask staff for favours and indecent suggestions to them bullied staff out he didn’t like it poor time
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
I hate working here my manager is trying 2 make it a man only working environment and trying 2 push the woman out its a joke don't do it it's a joke..
Cons
I would not recommend working here!! I was contracted to 16 hours yet I'd work 40+ hours a week, 9 hour shifts with a 20 min break. The only day you would get off they would ask you to cover shifts and change rotas last minute with no notice, very little appreciation of the staffs work and effort. Management was awful I worked here for a year and had 4 different managers within that time who you would rarely see. The shop would be robbed constantly with no security! I would work with one other person every shift and whilst they sat in the back on their phone and going for constant ciggie breaks I would be left to do the stock, serve customers, face up ect!!
Pros
Pay, small %10 discount
Cons
Long hours, robbers, poor management
I worked as a Shift Manager for One Stop for just over a year, and it was the longest, most miserable year of my life! Where to begin?!The pay is absolutely diabolical for shift managers. It doesn't reflect the amount of work and stress and responsibilities you have to deal with. The training is non existent. You get a 20 minute break for a 9hr shift, but if someone needs you during your break you have to stop your break and deal with whatever the problem was, so often I wouldn't get a full break. The shifts are awful, they can be as early as 5.45am and as late as 11.10pm. I remember waking up some days and literally crying at the thought of having to go back to that place, it really does take such a toll on you mentally. It was constantly exhausting and stressful. The store manager at my store would have quite low standards of staff, and would often employ people who just weren't competent which therefore made your job as a shift manager harder, as you had to spoon feed the staff as well as doing your own jobs.Basically, avoid One Stop at all costs. I would not recommend the company to anyone.
Pros
Leaving at the end of your shift! Tesco discount
Cons
Short/no breaks, bad pay, unsociable shifts, no training. Basically everything!
Management are extremely abusive to the point I had to make a harassment complaint to HR which just moved me stores instead of tackling the issue. Management cause panic attacks from bullying. Other staff members are abusive and inconsiderate. Management do nothing about complaints!! Won’t tell you of changed shift until that day when you haven’t turned up, not told of holiday so ended up losing it. Management don't have the right training and even bring there small children to work to help out when they don’t have child care arranged.
Pros
Nothing !
Cons
Caused me extremely horrific mental health problems
Most employees have been forced to work sometimes in excess of 4x their contracted hours because the company refuses to hire anyone else and other employees have been driven away. Manager refuses holidays INCLUDING A FAMILY MEMBER'S FUNERAL. Conditions in shop are poor, breaks are far too short at 20 minutes for an 8-10 hour work day which is the legal minimum. Dont even bother applying
Pros
Some Friendly staff
Cons
Forced overtime, Poor management, Poor holidays, Poor Break time, Poor working conditions
No work life balance In house bullying Management don't careRequest for store transfer declined so had to leave Not told about 24 hour notice if shifts changedToo many chiefs not enough Indians Lack of managerial structure
Pros
Cons
Sucks the life outta you
Treated like a number, stinky shop, no breaks, management who cannot manage. Staff were argumentative to each other and customers. Customers rude. No social distancing.
Pros
Occasionally given a free drink
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, rude management
Granted I wasn't the best employee, but working here was ridiculous. All management care about is pick rates, regardless of your individual well being, expected to do 10 hour shifts and pick quickly throughout the day. Night shift are lazy and bring everyone back and slow the whole warehouse down but no one does anything about it. Glad I'll never work here again.
Pros
Hahahaha, none
Cons
Absolutely appalling company to work for, very corrupt and poorly managed company! They don’t care for those with children or pregnant women, they don’t care about a work/life balance at all. Only benefit was a discount at Tescos.
Pros
Discount at Tescos
Cons
Don’t care about your safety or needs
  1. Employee reviews