OneCall 24
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Working at OneCall 24: 21 OneCall 24 Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews

Consultants experienced and friendly

Used to work for this company. The consultants are really nice. All nursing home work and driving all over the country. Worked nights with minimal staffing. Staff in some homes were absolutely awful towards agency staff. Very rude , dismissive and judgemental. Mostly the nurses did not help with any of the residents. They only wanted an easy shift.Agency excellent with complaints and really listened if you had a problem.

Pros

A lot of work

Cons

Long distances

Poor

Such a bad company. When you join you have a consultant who finds you shifts. I had about 3 in my short time with the company. Went to Bristol for training and I wasn’t paid for it so lost out on a day work. One of my consultants gave me a pay rise. And then a few months later the new consultant said they would have to drop my pay. Waited a month for my p45. When I left most weeks I had them ring me up asking me to book in shifts. Even though I handed my notice in, and told serval people I had left. One of the worst agencies I have worked for

Insights into OneCall 24

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Don't work for them

Never work for this company,they don't have enough work,only 1 hour away,they don't pay you for travelling. They don't pay you right ,every week you have to ask for your money and still not get everything for the work you have done.I put my resignation in and I still received calls from them,they don't update in their database. And I still did not get all the money and they don't answer anymore. THE WORST COMPANY to work for.

It was hard working days, to many hours out of the house.

Beginning was rough, then got easier and then impossible to work for a company that doesn’t work together with their care staff.Read the contract before signing anything or agreeing on anything.

Quality and passion for care

A nurse led care provider that puts quality above everything. Local nurse managers who are there to support their care teams and clients to provide the highest care standards

Pros

Support from management

Cons

None, as long as your passionate for quality care

Best healthcare company I have worked for

I have been in healthcare for around 13 years, coming across many companies in that time. One call 24 are far and above the best, with a supportive atmosphere, regular contact with managers and finally a company focused on patient’s wellbeing over profit.

Unclear purpose

After a grueling recruitment process 3 months ago, noone reached out to me with shifts. I don't think this company is real. I have requested for all my records to be deleted.

Pros

No pros.

Cons

Deceptive recrutement to harvest data they use for God knows what.

find another agency

very unorganised company numerous staff will call asking the same question, complete lack of communication in regards to pay. They messed up pay 3 times consecutively on my 2nd week or working there even though i put in my timesheet in on time and they lack adequate amount of shifts, i also didnt recieve any payslips for a period of time. I do not recommend this company, definitely not worth the stress.

Cons

they deduct 5 pounds for payslip

Good company

Every single staff member I spoke with from head office was wonderfully helpful always very understanding and helped in any way they could. Freedom to choose your own hours. Truly a company that cares for their staff and that’s rare.

Don't work with them

Non communications between coworkers in office, blackmailing HCA, lack of shifts and they are not paying out all your earned money. You will receive many call with the same questions, lack of support,

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Lack of communication

Great employers

Love working forThese guys they are great can pick and choose your shifts great company to work for always on hand if you are struggling and always very supportive 👍👏

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Need more regular shifts in my area

Avoid at all costs!

Not worth the struggle, management lacking promising you things they can't keep. Being sent to work at carehomes that have poor care standards. No regular work even though they promise there is.

Pros

Cons

Management, pay, places you are sent

Comunication is missing, promising a lot of work but in fact most of the shifts are far from you,more than 30 min driving

After a long recruitment process, a lot of work promising. They can offer jobs only about 30 min driving,travelling expenses not paid. They will say on the recruitment process they have plenty of work but in fact they are struggling to get you shifts. If any incident occurred in your work place,they don't care about your side of story, they care about the place of work side,even is not fair. You don't count for them,only your work. Communication is not good either. You have them on WhatsApp but they don't reply to your messages related with your work. If you're working night shifts they'll call you while you are resting yourself,in the middle of the day,very annoyed because you didn't answered. If you'll have enough courage to defend yourself you'll not get any further shifts. They will book you on one unit but they really don't know where you'll work. They will protect the favourite staff,even if that staff is not efficient and professional as you are. If you are hard working they will take you as granted. Never recognized your hard work. Later,in time,they will think you don't have the right to say NO.

Pros

Paid brake, if you'll have the chance to take it, in a very busy place

Cons

To many to enumerate

Dont

Just dont do itNever paid rightConstantly chasing for paySending you miles away when apparently they had loads of work in my areaJust dont do it!!

Care

not enough work sometimes. Guilt trip you into some shifts if you say no. Most of the time you got paid wrong and didn't get it till the next wage. Treated horrible by the staff when you go to the homes. When i left I kept asking for my p45 but they refused and never got it.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

horrible staff in the homes you go to

Fast-paced and busy

Working within the office requires great attention towards the work, less time to converse between peers and more time to focus on sales and building the company to a greater level. Usually requires a good breakfast within the morning to have a good day, mainly focusing on using office programmes and salesforce. Management is acceptable, but could be better, with more negotiations and support, rather than force. The workplace does have culture, but forgets to celebrate individual cultures and holidays, leaving certain individuals left out. Hardest part of the job is building for the company and increasing sales. Enjoyable parts are hitting daily targets.

Pros

Drinks

Cons

Appreciating other cultures

Very good manager

Friendly team,good colleagues. Been a pleasure working there.salary is ok but not great,it used to be very good but not anymore, still I would recommend if willing to travel far for a higher income.

Was ok

You got chance to work with great carers from many carehomes, you need driving licence, they are quite understanding (but NOT totally) when ur sick, BUT the pay is very low

Promised work that they didn’t have!

Even though the communication from Onecall24 was good, I was promised from the beginning that they had 7 nights a week locally to me available. So I spent the time registering etc and in 3 months I was offered 3 nights locally and the rest 45 minutes away day shifts which they knew I couldn’t do. Then they got annoyed when I couldn’t do it and stopped offering anymore. Anyone considering working for onecall24 I’d look into whether they actually have the work first. Three months of no wages and I’ve had to leave, and now I can’t afford a decent Christmas for my kids. Also look more into the deduction policy, as it will mean you’re working for less than minimum wage if they deducted any fines from your wages.

Not bad at all

Good coompany To Work in We are having what we want though Every one can't have hundred percent but you can do your best Yes we do get busy sometimes

5* very good place to work, lovely people and fantastic atmosphere. would happily recommend it as a place to work and thoroughly enjoy working with my team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneCall 24. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement