Optima Care

Optima Care Employee Reviews

No comment

I worked there just under 2yrs at first but the company bought in a swipe system which caused issues with wages. Also staff was a victim of bullying and harassment

Very stressful

underpaid for expectations for the role, senior management were not supportive, head office appeared to have no clue of staffing needs or support requirements.

I worked for Optima Care for nearly 4 years and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I was well supported by my Line Manager and also the Senior Management Team. I would have stayed if I had not moved away from the area.

Pros

Great service users to work with

Poor leadership and unprofessional management/staff.

What a terrible, terrible company! They seriously need to hire decent and smart managers, (eyes rolling).Optima Care is more interested in profit and lacks interest in staff and service users. There is zero inclusiveness for service users and staff. How can you expect to be a good and caring service if you hire managers who are poor in interpersonal skills and leadership skills?Optima recruitment seriously need to look more for decent leader's than a manager that just has "the qualifications". As clearly, that has never got the company far or the services... What a shambles.

Pros

Zero

Appalling

Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. The senior people don’t care about staff or service users, it’s all about the bottom line. They do the absolute minimum to meet the standards. The buildings the service users live in are a disgrace.

Pros

There aren’t any

Cons

No one cares

Worst company I’ve worked for

Worst company I’ve worked for! Don’t care about employees, pay is appalling and their expectations are sky high. Pay better and offer some benefits to your staff, you will see smaller turnover. Avoid!!

The worst company I have ever worked for

The CEO is clueless and cares only about money. Huge turnaround of Snr Management and those that are currently there are power hungry and care nothing for the service users or staff. They lie to progress their own position and power. Wages are low, staff seen as numbers not people, and the work place culture is very unhealthy. Service Users live in appalling conditions and are at significant risk.

Not recommended

Despite there is some decent people I met but this place is just awful many xenophobic staff, descrimnation culture, clans inside workplace, stab in the back, false reports, 3 managers in 3 years, senior staff they have no clue what they doing, staff safety last thing they think about,, if you want progress you need to be manger mule.

Pros

Cons

Not safe

Company focused on profits not the people they support or their staff

Whole service is focused on profit and there is little consideration given to the wellbeing of those supported or the staff who work for the company. Regular churn of senior management who cannot influence change due to CEO's focus on money. No reward for loyalty or for those who go the extra mile.

Pros

support staff are good

Cons

lack of loyalty, poor pay, poor working conditions

Avoid at all costs!

I wouldn’t recommend working for Optima care or having a family member in their residence. The buildings are in a bad state of disrepair, aren’t homely at all and the residents and staff are just numbers. The management walk past staff and residents without even acknowledging them. Rotas are sent out with little notice, wages are always wrong. The management are only out for themselves and will throw anyone under the bus to save their own skin. Lots of back stabbing and bitcheness. Far too many agency workers who don’t know the service users. Definitely would not recommend working here.

Awful company to work for AVIOD

Please avoid this company !!!!!! Management don’t care about there workers Serious health and safety breaches Pay is always wrong and a battle to get the money you are owed

Relaxed workplace.

The workplace rules are relaxed towards staff which can be beneficial at times, but also lacks organisation. Not much management support and not enough emergency equipment in place for staff or service users.

Head chef

I worked for Optima care for 9 years and never had a problem until the new manager she hasn't a clue and never worked in mental health she wants things done that are quite possibly illegal so had no choice but to leave. Otherwise staff great to work with always helping each other out. Pays not great but hours ok.

Poor management

The management do not take care of their employees and they do not treat all the employees equally. There are well known employees from the managers, where these ones are clearly favourite at work. Different wages for the same job title... Hard workers get less, and the "friends" get more...

Pros

the residents

Cons

management

Disgraceful

Last 2 managers drove me to exit the company after 7 plus hard years of service At least 15 plus staff have left recently Self explanatory...

Uncultured Company

I worked for this company for a year or so in a management position. Senior management is awful. They bootlick and butter up the owners/directors for their own interest. The directors depend on hearsay and gossips and have certain staff who spy on staff they do not like. If they do not like a staff or if a staff challenges them, they find out ways and means to terminate them from the job or even put allegation of breaching the certain code of conduct, threaten them of consequences and force them to leave the job Money is their main motto.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Corrupt company management

If you are not a,'Yes man', your days are numbered

No respect for staff whatsoever. Culture of gossiping in the Head office and disciplining staff on hearsay. No interest in the client, only in getting the money from social services. Lack of insight about challenging behaviour and its causes but expect staff to cope with physical aggression. Senior Management is weak and can only berate and downgrade staff. Social services reluctant to give further tenure due to the company's lack of support to staff and lack of progress for tenants.

Pros

Interesting tenants

Cons

Family run business with no boundaries

Terrible

Absolutely terrible place to work. Certain staff and management will stab you in the back regardless of how loyal you are. Buildings and gardens are in a bad state of repair. Very low pay despite the types of service users you are supporting. No staff privileges, meals and bottles of water have been taken away.

Cons

Long hours, stuck in sometimes for the whole day

God awful company

Absolutely terrible place to work the management and senior staff are liars... the clients are violent and criminal. Company should be shut down..buildings are falling into state of unrepair

Pros

Cons

No support....management/seniors are compulsive liars

High pressure job

My role as National Commissioning Manager for Optima Care was launch the Sales and Marketing strategy within the organisation. The main responsibility was to increase awareness of our services by developing relationships which key stakeholders in the NHS and Social Care Market. The focus primarily was to ensure budgeted occupancy targets were met. As a result of the relationships I built I was able to achieved full occupancy in four of the units. I worked with both mental health and learning disability services. My skill sets not only includes business development but I have vast experience of account management. I have also been able to provide strategic guidance to the directors for new services.

i worked here

i worked her for a few years never felt supported by management, pay was rubbish and they were never understanding working for them was awful, use to get so stressed oyt going to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1

2.1Job security/advancement

Compare Optima Care with

• Optima Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?