Optima Health

Optima Health Employee Reviews

Nice company to work with

I was only at Optima to provide maternity cover hence job security given low score. Otherwise Optima Health was a pleasant place to work, and the staff were very friendly.

Relaxed place to work

Such friendly and supportive staff and management.Made me feel comfortable from the very first minute of arriving on my first day supportive training.

Pros

Parking

High stress levels and no work/life balance

I’ve never been in a job, where I work from home, and I am unable to get away from my desk..and this is the first time I’ve developed work related stress and RSI in the 2 decades I’ve been in my field. Workload is unsustainable and I have no work/life balance.

Pros

Salary & some benefits (but benefits that have come on board have been poorly organised, and staff still haven’t got access to the benefit yet).

Cons

Stress; High Expectations, unsustainable workload, bullying Managers, no breaks, long hours

Demoralising companyb

Admin job apparently but its basically a call centre with admin pilled ontop of it , most of the team leaders are pleasant mine however was as useless as a chocolate tea pot, sadly rather than hire management who know the contract and staff they now hire people managers who dont have a clue and are completly useless and micromanage. Dont be fooled by the promise of progressing , flexi time or a fun atmosphere its no longer the case it once was a great place to work with great staff but most have left due to poor treatment from managers who think they are a cut above the rest.

Pros

Lovely colleges

Cons

poor pay, useless team leaders

Worst Place I have ever worked

At first it seemed like it was going to be amazing, but it was all fake. We were hired as administrators but then they changed it to a call centre. The team leaders and superiors did not care about the staff at all, they would publicly criticise and shout at you infront of the whole office. Nobody deserves that humiliation. The training you receive is different to what you actually have to do when speaking to the public, but you get no hope and are told to just carry on, which results in very stressful phone calls that usually end with you being shouted at. It's honestly not worth it, your mental health is more important and this place absolutely destroyed mine.

Pros

You get an hour lunch.

Cons

Stressful job, superiors get too angry and make you feel small.

Corruption at the core

This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. A company restructure that benefits only those at the top, our contracts have been changed 3 times now without any consultation. We are told if we don't accept the new terms then we are "resigning" from post. You are expected to get through huge workflows with little support/resource. The management team are condescending and unsupportive with unrealistic "goals." Although advertised as an "administrative" post you are working in a call centre environment and not given any time to yourself throughout the day. If you are unavailable on the phones this is scrutinised and questioned. Members of the team WILL try to call you out to make themselves look better. If you disagree with management for any reason you will be belittled and spoke down to. Staff retention at the company is awful and the reasons why are clear! This company do not care about their staff! AVOID AVOID AVOID

Avoid

I applied for this role on the understanding that it was an administrator position however this is a call centre job with call centre metrics (Number of Inbound/Outbound calls made) despite management insisting that this “isn’t a call centre” in the interview. Work load was also excessive for the size of the team resulting in tasks being missed due to the overwhelming volume of work that was placed on the team.

Pros

Great work colleagues who deserve better

Cons

Job description was incredibly deceptive, excessive workload in proportion to team size

Don’t work here!

Awful company to work for, the other people I worked with where mostly brilliant but the higher management and organisational skills where non existent. They didn’t seem to care about you and even the long term staff they didn’t care about looking after and seemed happy to see them go.

No review

Bad experience with company do not wish to review, as I say Ido not wish to comment on this Company other than feel it was the worse move I ever made.

Horrendous

Employees are pinned against eachother creating a horrendous working environment. Bullying is horrific and no support from managers or team leaders. Never allowed to leave your desk without permission, even to go to the bathroom. You are constantly plugged into your phone, THIS IS A CALL CENTER POSITION. The workload is absolutely unattainable for one employee, training is minimal and you are left to rely on other employees who only see you as a burden due to their unattainable workloads. Horrendous experience.

Jobs at Optima Health

See more jobs

Avoid at all costs

This was by far the most atrocious job I have ever had to endure. The management within the Glasgow office are absolutely ridiculous and highly unprofessional - constantly preach about looking after their own, but never actually following up with their statement of “caring”. No support whatsoever, advertised as an admin role but this is most definitely a call centre. You are expected to do an admin role whilst being available on the phones for all incoming coals along with making outbound, then you get bawled at for making a mistake because you are so overstretched to your work capacity. I would tell anyone to avoid this place at all costs, you’ll be happier anywhere else other than here.

Call Centre

The job is posted as an administrative role however this is a call centre. You are expected to do an admin role whilst answering 30-50 calls per day and make 70-100 outbound calls whilst working through emails and other tasks given to you throughout your day. You also don’t get any breaks unless you smoke. If you are unable to complete your daily workflow you are questioned. If you make a mistake you are targeted and isolated until someone else becomes the new victim. Your colleagues are great however it is very competitive.

Most stressful job ever

I started in November after waiting months. I was excited but this soon changed within days of starting. I felt picked on by the management and couldn't ask questions to help learn the role. Days passed and I started to feel alone and trapped in a job I was growing to dislike. The management didn't know what the role was going to involve I was in tears most days. We trained for weeks doing the same thing over and over but not learning the more in depth role. The higher the management the worse they treat you they look down on you and call you idiots as they stamp on past to show you they are in charge but won't attempt to speak to you. Overall a very bad place to work and for me the worst. For the money it's best to work anywhere but here's the stress will lead you to wanting to leave or be off work for weeksworrying.

Optima Health

I love working here, friendly supportive staff. I’m only on a FTC but would love to work here permanently! You are left to your own devices, no one checking on you all the time and always someone to help if you need it.

Pros

Relaxed, Friendly, Great Communication, Free Parking, Staff Lunch Area

Cons

Salary

Primary School in the Workplace

The job at Optima was advertised and I was actually very intrigued and excited to join as there was a new team being built so I was excited to start. This all changed after I realised that the Administrator role had nothing to do with Admin, and was in fact a call centre environment with no option for breaks for tea/toilet unless you actually ask for it, in which I usually got the response “be quick” as though I was a primary school pupil . The management were often very rude to the team and spoke to us all in a very patronising manner, the training was horrific and after a week of training we were just made to practice the same tasks over and over again so everyone became bored and unhappy. As well as this, we found that a few of the management staff had been calling us derogatory names. Any sick days that are taken are seen as a disadvantage to your role and you are made aware of this, however if you do come into work poorly then you aren’t appreciated for the effort. We were constantly told how we had to ensure we picked up the pace as targets had to be met. The colleagues that aren’t in management are all lovely and friendly and I do not have a bad word to say on any of the colleagues I had come across.

Management are incompetent

Not a great place to work. Not much training and thrown into the deep end, so called managers don’t know the answers to the questions either. Only interested in people they like. Enormous employee turnover as treatment of Admin is terrible!!

Work

Liked the workload, the culture.I enjoyed working on my own and as a team. We were allowed to work on our own initiative. The training was also good. The courses available were inline to revalidation and CPD standard.

Great Job! Great work force and great benefits!

Fantastic Job! Lots of travelling but all expenses are paid for. The pay is good and bonus' on top! Good fun working for this company and lots of training opportunities available.

Pros

Expenses, Pay, Locations, Management, Training

Worst and incompetent Management,No knowledge of how to run a business and client relationship. They lie with clients about staff members and services

One of the worst company to work for in UK. The management doesn't know what exactly they have to do and totally immature service delivery managers and regional managers who are getting huge salaries but doing nothing. Totally incompetent company structure and no possible to progress in the company at all. It is basically a family type company where only referred people get jobs and get the hire positions and new staff members have to clear their mess basically. i will not recommend this company to anyone. but the choice is yours)

Fantastic Occupational Health provider

A very professional and well managed company that provides a high quality service to all clients and a great place to work. Rapidly growing and developing with a great team of employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Optima Health with

• Optima Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?