Optimal Solicitors

Optimal Solicitors Job security & advancement reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Clear
3.6Job security & advancement

Great place to start career and move on

Optimal Solicitors is small claimant-focused law firm that offers a great start to legal career. They offer flexible schedule for students and opportunity to obtain training contracts every year. Management is very approachable, and there is family-like relationship with everyone. The firm is all for the team work which creates supportive atmosphere, especially for younger staff. There is very little trust that the staff can do their job independently, everything is very micromanaged, especially whilst working from home (more than necessary). It is unfortunately clear that the firm care very little about 'less important' staff (receptionists, assistants, admins) in terms of career progression or skills development. They are not keen to consider internal candidates for progression unless someone is about to quit the job altogether and that is the only chance to keep them. They don't really offer any benefits apart from bonus paid day off every quarter for good performance and 2h paid time off on birthday, which is quite poor for a law firm that considers itself modern. Overall it is a good workplace, great people, but it is not a place to stay for longer time or develop a legal career.

Pros

friendly atmosphere, schedule flexibility

Cons

lack of benefits, micromanagement, no progression, salary

Company cares about profit only

Nothing is matter but profit for the company. Stamp duty holiday finished, our career too. Clients doesn't matter , staff doesn't matter. Director must be happy and pocket must be full.

Pros

lots of promises

Insights into Optimal Solicitors

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Excellent place to work

I worked here for nearly two years and was the best experience I have had with respect to any employer. The senior management are flexible and approachable and really supportive. The firm has a good work life balance and offers alot of training and support.

A firm that is going places

There is a good culture here. The quality of work is excellent. The firm is self-sufficient in terms of the work. The firm is continually expanding with the aim of becoming a full service law firm. There are opportunities to progress and develop your skills. The Directors have an open door policy.

Pros

Flexibility and quality of work

Cons

No air conditioning

Great company, forward thinking, ambitious

Having worked here for just under a year, I have nothing but praise for the company. The Firm promotes a friendly, relaxed and comfortable environment. The form is constantly growing and evolving and this is reflected in the areas of law now covered. They invest in their employees and there are opportunities for career progression and development. Senior management are approachable and always available with ideas and suggestions welcomed. A genuinely good place to work for both those taking their first steps in the legal world all the way through to seasoned professionals.

Pros

Quality of work, work environment, progression

Cons

Fantastic opportunity for active professionals

I've been working for this company for about a year and it was amazing their way when dealing with my special circumstances as I'm a full-time student and I needed a flexible working pattern - well, the company accommodated me in an unexpected manner for a new comer: understanding and supportive. As for the working atmosphere, it's great to have a second family, where differences in individuality and culture are welcomed and respected. The salary, which gets increases based on a yearly review is well balanced and comes along with other benefits of working here, the job security and opportunity to go up the ladder. I feel so lucky to work at this company!

Pros

job security, variety in tasks

Cons

can't think of any...

Modern, Forward Thinking & innovative

The firm is a modern, progressive and forward thinking entity. This can be noted by the low turnover of permanent staff. The firm has built up an enviable reputation with substantial growth over a short period of time. The substantial client base, social media following and endless reviews are evidence of the positive steps taken by management across the board. The firm has adapted extremely well to the legal sector with on-going departments throughout numerous areas of law. The growing workforce is most certainly diverse which makes it a wonderful place to meet new people whilst working in a friendly, inviting and cohesive environment. The modern day law firms require dedicated individuals and the firm has a wonderful working mentality to help people achieve the most they can from their legal career within such a competitive sector. There is constant training and support as the ethos is to ensure the clients receive the best possible service from experienced, competent and confident staff.

Pros

Friendly, Training Orientated, Progression, Expanding.

Company with ambition

Optimal Solicitors is a company with ambition.Lots of opportunities within the company as a whole.It is an organisation that looks after you. Fellow workmates are always willing to help when needed. Many opportunities to influence the direction that your career takes.

I have worked at Optimal for just over 12 months. The office environment is relaxed and management are approachable. Suggestions are taken on board and developed. Staff are friendly and work together as teams. They provide great incentives and you are able to gain up to 43 days holiday per year through various schemes. Optimal offer Perkbox which entitles staff to a huge number of discount across hundreds of retailers. Summer parties and Christmas parties are offered every year. Optimal are continuously working to invest in staff and their working environment. They are in the process of renovating a new building for the ever increasing staff numbers. Great career opportunities and development are available with training contracts and training courses on offer. I have enjoyed my 12 months with Optimal and I'm looking forward to my future with them.

Pros

Parking, holidays, career development, Perkbox

Worst firm I have ever worked for

During my time at Optimal I felt that the management team were far from professional and I spent a majority of my time stressed and upset. I felt that I was given work to do which I did not have the capacity to deal with and I was not given adequate training. I feel the firm has lied to a majority of workers. I felt upset to learn during my time at Optimal that the job that I applied for was not the job in question. When I raised this with the firm, I felt they were very dismissive and caused a hostile atmosphere. I would advise any person that wishes to build a respectful legal career to stay away from this firm as I feel that they are not a well established firm and I feel that they do not assist with adequate training.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Hostile atmosphere, rude, argumentative, unprofessional and stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optimal Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Optimal Solicitors reviews by location

• Optimal Solicitors
  • Job security & advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?