Optimal Solicitors

Optimal Solicitors Management reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Clear

Great place to start career and move on

Optimal Solicitors is small claimant-focused law firm that offers a great start to legal career. They offer flexible schedule for students and opportunity to obtain training contracts every year. Management is very approachable, and there is family-like relationship with everyone. The firm is all for the team work which creates supportive atmosphere, especially for younger staff. There is very little trust that the staff can do their job independently, everything is very micromanaged, especially whilst working from home (more than necessary). It is unfortunately clear that the firm care very little about 'less important' staff (receptionists, assistants, admins) in terms of career progression or skills development. They are not keen to consider internal candidates for progression unless someone is about to quit the job altogether and that is the only chance to keep them. They don't really offer any benefits apart from bonus paid day off every quarter for good performance and 2h paid time off on birthday, which is quite poor for a law firm that considers itself modern. Overall it is a good workplace, great people, but it is not a place to stay for longer time or develop a legal career.

Pros

friendly atmosphere, schedule flexibility

Cons

lack of benefits, micromanagement, no progression, salary

Awful place to work

Management do not care about employees, only money in their pockets. Expected to work all hours. There is fake support to staff, don’t ever try and speak your mind and you will be black marked after that

Pros

Nine

Insights into Optimal Solicitors

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Avoid at all costs.

Avoid company at all costs, offer one salary but pay another. Hired many employees on the basis to keep them permanently however once the stamp duty holiday came to an end laid them off with out pay but still employed contractually. Management were a joke.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Everything else

Micromanaging

One of the worse company I have ever worked for. Management (only one person at the top everyone else below) tries to micromanage every single aspect of the day to day tasks, however there is no preparation or training to back it up.The worst part of it all is HR, constantly reminding of the very generous holiday allowance (20 days plus 8 bank holiday, which is the minimum legally required) and employing a three strike sick policy.This is only the very top of the iceberg.When working here it seems to be in a barn full of chickens with no head running around. Nobody ever knows what’s happening!

Pros

Cons

Micromanagement, Hr

Excellent place to work

I worked here for nearly two years and was the best experience I have had with respect to any employer. The senior management are flexible and approachable and really supportive. The firm has a good work life balance and offers alot of training and support.

Great for progression/Work Environment

The best job I have had. Management are great. No matter who you talk to, they always make time. Directors also make time for you. Never been to a company where you can ask a director for advice etc, always had to go through a manager to even talk to them. There is always work and something to do. So a busy environment for those that enjoy it.

Great company, forward thinking, ambitious

Having worked here for just under a year, I have nothing but praise for the company. The Firm promotes a friendly, relaxed and comfortable environment. The form is constantly growing and evolving and this is reflected in the areas of law now covered. They invest in their employees and there are opportunities for career progression and development. Senior management are approachable and always available with ideas and suggestions welcomed. A genuinely good place to work for both those taking their first steps in the legal world all the way through to seasoned professionals.

Pros

Quality of work, work environment, progression

Modern, Forward Thinking & innovative

The firm is a modern, progressive and forward thinking entity. This can be noted by the low turnover of permanent staff. The firm has built up an enviable reputation with substantial growth over a short period of time. The substantial client base, social media following and endless reviews are evidence of the positive steps taken by management across the board. The firm has adapted extremely well to the legal sector with on-going departments throughout numerous areas of law. The growing workforce is most certainly diverse which makes it a wonderful place to meet new people whilst working in a friendly, inviting and cohesive environment. The modern day law firms require dedicated individuals and the firm has a wonderful working mentality to help people achieve the most they can from their legal career within such a competitive sector. There is constant training and support as the ethos is to ensure the clients receive the best possible service from experienced, competent and confident staff.

Pros

Friendly, Training Orientated, Progression, Expanding.

Extremely happy to be here..friendly and professional atmosphere

Highly recommend. With the business since 2012. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that your providing a good customer service. The management are consistent and supportive, being on-hand and approachable when needed.

Pros

time off for birthday, perkbox, rewards for team of the month and employee of the month

I have worked at Optimal for just over 12 months. The office environment is relaxed and management are approachable. Suggestions are taken on board and developed. Staff are friendly and work together as teams. They provide great incentives and you are able to gain up to 43 days holiday per year through various schemes. Optimal offer Perkbox which entitles staff to a huge number of discount across hundreds of retailers. Summer parties and Christmas parties are offered every year. Optimal are continuously working to invest in staff and their working environment. They are in the process of renovating a new building for the ever increasing staff numbers. Great career opportunities and development are available with training contracts and training courses on offer. I have enjoyed my 12 months with Optimal and I'm looking forward to my future with them.

Pros

Parking, holidays, career development, Perkbox

Worst firm I have ever worked for

During my time at Optimal I felt that the management team were far from professional and I spent a majority of my time stressed and upset. I felt that I was given work to do which I did not have the capacity to deal with and I was not given adequate training. I feel the firm has lied to a majority of workers. I felt upset to learn during my time at Optimal that the job that I applied for was not the job in question. When I raised this with the firm, I felt they were very dismissive and caused a hostile atmosphere. I would advise any person that wishes to build a respectful legal career to stay away from this firm as I feel that they are not a well established firm and I feel that they do not assist with adequate training.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Hostile atmosphere, rude, argumentative, unprofessional and stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optimal Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Optimal Solicitors reviews by location

• Optimal Solicitors
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?