Optivo Housing Association

Optivo Housing Association Employee Reviews

OPtivo is a very good organisation to work for

OPtivo is very good organisation to work for they very passionate hard working and friendly colleagues in very difficult time COVID 19 and intensive pressure from the government who cut down 60 percentage support from social housing so yes (In my Opinion Government have to learn from Austrian how they support and and respect the social housing residents and organisations instead of privatisation of this sector who look after key workers and other residents )So yes the Government directly or indirectly is involved in privatisation of social housing which making every one day to day work very difficult and putting a lot pressure on social housing residents so yes OPTIVO and all other social Housing are under huge pressure to make the impossible possible with limited budget and support from government

Pros

a lot of training and personal development courses

Cons

Pressure is quite high to achieve the targets

Good training courses

Colleagues are friendly. Management too corporate. They don't recognise loyalty. Too focused on senior management and not the staff on the front line.

Pros

on site parking

Cons

Stressful

Very stressful, impossible work load, patches too distant. No where to park, computer system difficult. High staff turnover

The office was nice, but work was impossible to get through.Very stressful, Nowhere to park my car & computer system difficult to navigate. Staff turnover was high so no one knew the job & able to train me properly

Pros

Some of the managers were nice people

Cons

Patches are way too big

challenging but manageable

Optivo is not a bad company to work for , it trys to accomplish its objectives of it's client but good work force might be its weakness. ( hope not )there is always room for improvement and innovation and education . basic building block for any company to be strong , its there at optivo they some time for get it.

Productive and busy workplace

I worked as a Property Administrator under a temporary ongoing contract through a recruitment agency with Optivo. I gave Administrative, customer service and scheduling support to the DLO and Gas Team at Colwell House in Clapham then at the Tram Shed at Croydon. They were going through a transition of two housing associations merging into one (Amicus Horizon and Viridian). I enjoyed working as part of a team and giving support to both the DLO and Gas teams. My last 5 months was spent at the Tram Shed at Croydon. They were a very sociable group of people. On Fridays, they played music and we all enjoyed Friday, it was a good atmosphere.

Pros

Great team

My personal experience reported

Being an experience mature worker I was very disappointed with the way management handled general matters. HR was also disappointing when it came to none judgmental support being provided. In relation to bad management and travel expenses delays in payment, causing difficult for getting to other location being advised to attend. Even when written complain was made vital points were intentionally overlooked and even removed purposely to cover for staff instead of dealing with the matter fairly to address faults which needed to be improved upon. This was a big shame especially when residents gave positive feedback on service they were receiving from myself at the time and they wanted me to remain in place. Since leaving I have been approached from several agencies to be put forward to Optivo which proves my experience remains in place but I would never accept an assignment in this organisation again because they have proven to me, not to be professonal and fair overall. As a committed professional staff member I found it shocking how a new staff member can be treated when you are open and honest in your personal experience.

It was Productive

It was a voluntary work with Optivo, dealing with the elderly ensuring that, they were receiving all the benefits they are entailed too. or if they had any concerned which the housing had failed to deal with.

Duplicitous. Bitter. White.

Spent a number of years working for the organisation in its previous guise. It was far from perfect. But on merger its executive team was devoid of colour. The pay gap between top and bottom huge. Equality or Diversity was not part of any redundancy process, and senior management were duplicitous and acted up when questioned reasonably. I would not work for this company even if starving.

I enjoy my job with optivo

I like working for optivo have a great team and feel very supported The only downside is our wages We are youth workers and are paid less than most staff there, as a consequence of this i cant afford to pay all my bills or get to my work base My overall experience is good and health benefits are good too i would recommend working for optivo

Friendly and supportive working environment

For me, it was an enjoyable experience, where I learned a lot and had a very good mentor. My colleagues were a friendly and supportive team and were very knowledgeable.

I wouldn’t recommend Optivo as a good place to work

Working for Optivo was the worst thing I ever did , the management get worse as they get higher. If you have a problem it’s tough as no one is interested. Bullying and harassment happens a lot and is brushed under the carpet especially if you are female . Everyone is out for themselves , the words team players mean nothing. The pay is ok but believe me you will undoubtedly earn every penny

Champions Diversity

Welcomes all but selective in recruitment. Not shortlisted even if you meet all the criteria. No canteen provided for the staff. Have to provide or go external for lunch but there is a lovely seating area with microwaves, provided for use.

ok

Optivo had a very sociable environment. Everybody was always there to help and support you if needed. Optivo's really belived in Equality and Diverty and CORE and we regularly had meetings to keep this belief.

fast paced work place

Time will never go slow. You will be on the computer constantly, plus the telephone calls and making sure emergency work is attended to within 4 hours. The day flies by which is great.

Pros

Good team

Cons

travel and parking depending where you live.

Productive and Fun workplace

Optivo is a great place to work, They have a positive work culture and great organisation values. They promote career progression and help all colleagues to move up. Optivo have help me with my working hours my tailoring my hours around my child care and allowed me to from different offices and home.

Great place and great people to work with

The company is good and there is always support from the senior management. The company take great care to develop their staff via internal training programme. The work and life balance is good and good annual leave plus one extra as birthday leave. The company's core values are customer focus, one team, respect and Enthusiastic. All the employees are encouraged to apply those value to provide one the best service the customer in housing and other related area such community project. I believe the Optivo is doing a great jobs.

Pros

Good culture

Cons

not that I know

nice Place to work

It's a very people based company and keen on diversity. The workplace culture is very team based and easy going. The hours are good and flexible, and again easy going.

Pros

Easy flexible Hours

Cons

Very paper based

still standing

lots of incoming calls emails, never enough time in the day. but great bunch of people make it worthwhile. property managers work well with other departments to get things done. ownership is a big part of the culture..

Pros

well paid

Ok work place

I have been with Optivo for 3 years. Very multicultural environment and busy. Very challenging and staff are always up for helping others and our residents.

Pros

Good training academies and culture

Cons

Very demanding and busy

Fantastic place to work, with great cukture

Great people. Fun culture. Great sense of purpose. Inspiring colleagues. Genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion. The best place I’ve ever worked. Recent highlight for me was the staff conference that brought us all together for the first tine since merger. Left feeling really inspired and proud to work for the company.

Pros

People, culture and sense of purpose

Change Management

our two companies merged last year and following change management review, I along with many others have been made redundant I have very much enjoyed my time working here at St Peters Hospital and will be sorry to leave my lovely colleagues and our residents as I fell part of the same family, as we have worked and laughed together for many years.

Pros

good working hours and free parking

Cons

Out of hours rota for months on end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optivo Housing Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement