Opus Energy

Opus Energy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom56 reviews

A nice company to work for

Opus Energy is a nice company to work for, I was hired as a Customer Service Advisor and thought I’d be placed in the contact centre but was placed in the Data Admin team, working to change over Businesses old meters for new Smart meters, but I was bored in the job so left after three months.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Got a flat tyre in their car park! Placed in a team I didn’t choose to be in.

I was only temping but it was an enjoyably atmosphere

I only temped but it was a nice atmosphere to work The temping contract was long term and good pay There were some staff changes though due to temporary nature

Pros

Close to shops bus stops easiky commuting

Cons

A lot of staff and management's changing

Insights into Opus Energy

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Lovely place to work

Great people and great company to work for. I really miss working there and if I had a chance to go back, I’d be there in a heartbeat! Brilliant atmosphere and felt I could be more myself than most places I’ve worked!

Pros

Atmosphere, canteen, on site parking

Cons

Sometimes unrealistic targets considering some of the challenges that pop up on certain cases.

Terrible management, terrible atmosphere and treatment.

Get treated like absolute rubbish, managers and HR are useless, encountering IT problems daily, have every single minute of your day tracked and scrutinised.They claim to care about employees' mental health, but their actions show the complete opposite.Avoid the place like the plague.

Pros

None.

Cons

Terrible treatment, Low pay (especially for apprentices doing the same job as everyone else), Feels like working in George Orwell's 1984.

Busy fun place to work

Friendly colleagues a relaxed atmosphere however in collections it can be stressful and the calls are very fast when in the diaper.Management are approachable

Pros

Staff get togethers, up to date equipment

Cons

Parking

Good company, rubbish management

Work for opus for 3 years, staff are great and helpful.team leaders are the same. However management don't have a clue.my manager was clicky and only wanted yes people. Couldn't take anybody asking why. Mental health isn't taking seriously as I found out as it effected me.rather sack you, then help you

One of the best place to work for

Based on what I heard and see, I think in the past there were typical management issues such as bad manager that shouldn't be in such roles i the first place. However by the time I joined in 2017 I didn't see any in there (Northampton Office, credit department though). In this area I was very fortunate to be working under some of the kindest and best team leaders/managers in my whole career. Especially the fact that I'm not even Caucasian British. Since Northampton doesn't have a culturally diverse population (though lots of international students from China for local University), so Opus don't have a lot of BAME employees. What you'll find is that you'll still have to work hard to prove yourself a bit. It'll pay off though, because ultimately the nice managers do appreciate that and in return will treat you very nicely. Same applies for most of the colleagues too. They'll all come to like you for your great work ethics. I left by 2019 due to personal requirement to relocate to elsewhere in the country. So in the 1.5 years I've been there I've seen lots of restructuring including Management and salary. So should expect that if you plan to join Opus. Salary-wise they pay more than others in the area as they're trying to compete with other employers. So it should be good for you if you're interested in joining Opus. They lack behind in terms of employees benefit and no flexi working. They got all the standard medium-sized employees benefits such as discount gym membership and Bicycle scheme. But nothing make them standout compare to other competitors nor to really attract -

Not professional

Opus Energy is not a very friendly place to work in. You get treated different to the others on the team. The staff / managers do not understand when you're going through a stressful situation in your outside of work life. They do not try and accommodate you if you need flexible hours. The staff and managers are not professional.

Productive and Relaxed

A productive but relaxed atmosphere that allows you to feel confident while working. A lot of skype meetings which could have been reduced in order to be more productive.

Employees are not valued

As an employee you are not viewed as an individual. Women are paid less than men, the sickness policy is designed to punish people with families and the general treatment towards employees is poor. I have worked for the business for over 5 years and there have been slight improvements such as the maternity package but this is not the business you should work for if you have a family. There is a complete lack of flexibility, understanding or basic empathy; especially when your direct management team are not parents. Development is based on whether your face fits.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

poor hr policies, terrible people management

Leave your soul at the door...

Well, what can i say about Opus? The management, specifically in the Customer Service department, are the most click-y, fickle and inappropriate people i have encountered in my entire career. After making 3 complaints about inappropriate "handsy" behaviour from my Team Leader, i was sacked. After being told "Opus are big on Mental Health", i thought i would be surrounded by a supportive and stable network. After being let go throughout my probation for hitting an absence trigger, I still can agree that they followed the procedures they wrote and were clear on why they let me go. But they don't care, any conversation or interaction I've had with a lot of the HR team has been sans empathy or emotion or even a holistic view of the bigger picture. Nan's dead? Don't care. Having a panic attack? Don't care, its unprofessional. Need some support? Ah, too late, you've gone against policy as a result of our lack of care and support. Don't care. The Team Leaders will tell you x,y and z to keep you low-level happy and then will do a,b and c and blame upper management for the poor choices they've made from their lack of people skills and management. They only care about team performance as a whole and the management style is very "one size fits all", thus leading to a lack of support. It seems to be more of a popularity contest than about the quality and success of your work. Dealing with a customer calling me a the c word was the nicest part of my working day. If you won't bend over backwards to fit the "Opus" mould, which is never clear what they ever want from you, then turn -

Don’t temp here

Don’t temp here. Job is good for perm staff but temping is horrible. Went to work here on a FTC, was cancelled due to finishing project early. Was told there were roles we could move into, this was a lie.

Avoid at all costs

If you want to be stressed out every day and treated poorly, then this is the job for you. Management are arrogant and staff are robotic. Toxic place!

Productive & Fun Workplace

Always willing to have fun aswell as work - Reward staff regularly - Do team building games at least once a week - Help & Support provided as needed - Regular team meetings - Regular reviews

Working together as a team was a key factor at my work place. Management was excellent and understanding how to work with people from different cultural back ground helped to achieve our main goal.

Interesting job, precarious management.

A great varied amount of roles from customer service to admin to management and change. The job itself is great however the management and day to day running needs major re-jig. It's a good place to progress if you don't mind pretending to love your manager to get there.

Happy office

As a company Opus are good to work for. Good salary and benefits. Managers are approachable and generally supportive and friendly. Training needs to be improved though. During my time here my team were a good bunch and our Manager was a really good guy. If its so good....why did I leave ? Having worked in Call Centres for the past 7 years I'd just had enough of the job type. Only a certain amount of hassle and rudeness a person can take on a daily basis. Just had Call Centre burnout. But if you're happy in this type of work, then Opus is one of the better Call Centres to be in. Although they have the same kind of activities and fun days as other Centres, they remain a professional organisation to work for. Just a shame I needed to stretch my legs and mind.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Training needs to be better

Amazing people in a constantly morphing company

Dynamic work environment with progressive, forward thinking employees. Large amounts of change, leading to an unsteady time but with lots of opportunity. Difficult to know when the company will settle down.

Fun and supportive environment

Lovely place to work, with a great location. Friendly supportive staff with casual attire. Providing 100% clean energy to commercial clients. A fun place to work

Pros

Discounted Starbucks

Cons

Fast paced environment

Horrific place to work

I can honestly state that this is the worse place I've ever worked. The senior manager of the department is totally incompetent, a charlatan and a bully. They were tasked with joining the organisation to turn the department around as it was already failing, but somehow managed to make it 100% times worse. Despite many reports to senior management in the organisation about their behaviour, and lack of support, nothing was done about it. It's a shame as the company likes to "bang on" about mental health and wellbeing on the surface, but in practice they allow this disgusting behaviour and management style to continue. I, and my colleagues were make to feel stupid, useless and totally incompetent at any given opportunity and were thrown under the bus on more occasions than I care to recount. We worked over and above our hours into the evenings and weekends in a very stressful role, and it was never good enough. My confidence took a massive knock working here. I feel that they should be ashamed of how they have treated members of staff who have given their all to their team and organisation only to be treated so poorly. I would highly recommend that you don't seek opportunities at Opus Energy unless you enjoy being worked to the point of breakdown with no thanks whatsoever.

Pros

nice offices, good pay and benefits

Cons

Everything else

Opus energy

Worked there for 2 years in the customer service department, the company is good if your face fits or love to be treated like a mug. Classic case of one rule for one another for another found the head of department rude along with the majority of HR. The place is a joke. Brilliant place to work if you have no back bone just be prepared for them to rip the soul out of you and for you to want to die by the time you have finished your probabtion period. Which again is another joke within itself 🤷🏻‍♀️ Overtime was good whilst it lasted but it apparently “ is up to managers discretion” which is also apparently written in your “overtime contract”... my “overtime contract” was non existent as The company don’t actually have one... (I know hilarious) which the company then decided to back track when I asked for a copy of it 😂 Honestly if you like the idea of wanting to shoot yourself in the face everyday and being surrounded by blind people who are too affraid to stand up for themselves this is the right place for. On a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate opus energy being very much like auschwitz. Enjoy the circus kids ✌🏻🎉

Pros

Still trying to work this one out and I left last year 🤔

Cons

“Hopeless opus” the customers are not the wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opus Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Opus Energy with

• Opus Energy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?