Oracle Care & Education
View all Oracle Care & Education reviews

Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Employee Review

Extremely poor management starting from the very top

I’ve worked for Oracle for a period of 2.5 years and during that period I’ve had 9 different managers and very little support from HR. Profit seems to be their only concern and not the young people nor staff. The sleep ins are not sleep ins and you’re not paid for the hours you’re working. Mistakes with your pay slips used to happen way too often and it was guaranteed to happen in December. Often with my colleagues we wondered why! Work life balance is terrible, you often spend your days off trying to recover from your long working hours! If you’re really considering working for Oracle, my advise is, speak with people who have worked there before. And good luck!

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Unprofessional

Unprofessional, profit-hungry organisation. High staff turnover says it all - they care only about their pockets. It's an intense environment, particularly when under-staffed and under-resourced, which is a real shame as it has the potential to be making a true (rather than tokenistic) difference to the young people's lives.

Pros

Working with the young people.

Cons

Everything else.
Same location

Liked the job

Love the Oracle dream good place to work hard work great kids but not for the faint hearted need to becresiliant and need to be able to keep on loving in the hard times and there is no glory it's hard graft but yes very rewarding if healing kids is what you want to do

Pros

Fun long hours in one go so more time off

Cons

You need to have patience and be resiliant to abuse from kids who ate just hurting
Same location

Do not work here!!!!

every month wages are wrong!They take large amounts of money out of your pay & then are rude to you when you ask for explanation and can’t answer you!

Pros

Amazing kids

Cons

Never paid correctly, never treated with respect

– 13 December 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback about the amazing young people we work with at Oracle Care. We strive for excellence in our ability to deliver the best outcomes for our young people and to support our young people and staff alike in the best possible way. In terms of our payroll system, as with any system the output is only as good as the information put into the system, and the wages that are paid are based on that information. What we have found in the past is that errors have occurred when incorrect information has been input and has not been checked by the employee. Having consulted with staff, however, and realised that our system was in need of simplification, we have made improvements over the past 12 months. We have changed the way we operate to make things clearer and we have made some changes to simplify the rota system. Going forward, we will be providing workshops where employees can learn more about the system and raise any issues or concerns. This should enable us to avoid any future problems with payments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle Care & Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.8Job security/advancement
  • Oracle Care & Education
  • Extremely poor management starting from the very top