Oracle Care & Education
View all Oracle Care & Education reviews

Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Employee Review

Making money of children's misfortune

Terrible place to work and employ people who can't work anywhere else, very low standards and the management are incompetent. Do not work here it is actually dangerous and you will either be assaulted or face disciplinary actions for things not in your control !

Pros

good to see how to not run a child care facilty

Cons

you just feel horrible everyday.

1.0Job security/advancement

Over worked under paid

Don’t bother unless your young and can be influenced. Having a mind at this company makes you a threat to some of the managers. No support unless you are friends with management but then they will turn on you to get what they want

Pros

Non

Cons

48 hour shifts treat the day you come off shift as one of your days off
Same location

A progressive and fantastic company

I worked at this organisation twice within my career both in the care and education sector. I left Oracle in 2015 to work for a much larger organisation but quickly realised that organisation driven on monetary gain for the lives of young people is not an ethos I wish to be part of. I had always enjoyed working for Oracle and found my time extremely beneficial to furthering my career, with a progressive management team, strong therapeutic input and great team work approach from all staff. I have returned to manage and found the new management structure to be so inspiring The current SLT are extremely child-focussed, dedicated, progressive and understanding to both the needs of the children and the staff. Residential staff are the most well-paid within the area, the salary and working hours are great and there is flexible working to cover all staff's needs. I would highly encourage commencing your career or changing your role to this amazing organisation.

Pros

Pay, Working Hours, staff support and access to services

Same location

Really child focused, supportive organisation

The ethos of the company is great, and is backed up by good induction, training and day to day support. There are always challenges working in this sector but as somebody who has worked in 3 other providers over 15 years, this is by far the best. I love the fact that I am asked about how things can be developed and improved and am given the opportunity to make decisions and help make things better. Pay is good and the management team is understanding and were amazing with me recently when I had a difficult time at home. Despite what is written elsewhere, the staffing levels and support here are excellent. I feel included in the community and have great support. Unfortunately, like all residential child care companies, there will always be those who are negative but in my experience its usually those who are not child focused or professional and who often have been dismissed for poor practice. Training is good, management support is good, kids are amazing, fantastic homes and school environment, wish I had joined years ago( and glad I didn't pay any attention to some of the rubbish written on some of the feedback on here, simply not the case.....). Great place to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle Care & Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.8Job security/advancement
  • Oracle Care & Education
  • Making money of children's misfortune