Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Employee Reviews

Money is not that good for 40 hrs wk

Staff are not very friendly, no time to socialise, work is pressured. Not enough feedback from management. Computers and laptops need to be updated, Windows need to be updated. Pay could be increased.

Pros

30 min lunch

Cons

Long hrs, not enough feedback and advancement

Making money of children's misfortune

Terrible place to work and employ people who can't work anywhere else, very low standards and the management are incompetent. Do not work here it is actually dangerous and you will either be assaulted or face disciplinary actions for things not in your control !

Pros

good to see how to not run a child care facilty

Cons

you just feel horrible everyday.

Over worked under paid

Don’t bother unless your young and can be influenced. Having a mind at this company makes you a threat to some of the managers. No support unless you are friends with management but then they will turn on you to get what they want

Pros

Non

Cons

48 hour shifts treat the day you come off shift as one of your days off

Liked the job

Love the Oracle dream good place to work hard work great kids but not for the faint hearted need to becresiliant and need to be able to keep on loving in the hard times and there is no glory it's hard graft but yes very rewarding if healing kids is what you want to do

Pros

Fun long hours in one go so more time off

Cons

You need to have patience and be resiliant to abuse from kids who ate just hurting

Extremely poor management starting from the very top

I’ve worked for Oracle for a period of 2.5 years and during that period I’ve had 9 different managers and very little support from HR. Profit seems to be their only concern and not the young people nor staff. The sleep ins are not sleep ins and you’re not paid for the hours you’re working. Mistakes with your pay slips used to happen way too often and it was guaranteed to happen in December. Often with my colleagues we wondered why! Work life balance is terrible, you often spend your days off trying to recover from your long working hours! If you’re really considering working for Oracle, my advise is, speak with people who have worked there before. And good luck!

A progressive and fantastic company

I worked at this organisation twice within my career both in the care and education sector. I left Oracle in 2015 to work for a much larger organisation but quickly realised that organisation driven on monetary gain for the lives of young people is not an ethos I wish to be part of. I had always enjoyed working for Oracle and found my time extremely beneficial to furthering my career, with a progressive management team, strong therapeutic input and great team work approach from all staff. I have returned to manage and found the new management structure to be so inspiring The current SLT are extremely child-focussed, dedicated, progressive and understanding to both the needs of the children and the staff. Residential staff are the most well-paid within the area, the salary and working hours are great and there is flexible working to cover all staff's needs. I would highly encourage commencing your career or changing your role to this amazing organisation.

Pros

Pay, Working Hours, staff support and access to services

Awful company

Company was great until change of management. Management money driven and do not care about the young people or staff. If you want to be assaulted by kids and ignored by management then this is the place for you. Long hours with no rest when problems occur. Your just a number and easily replaceable. Worst company I’ve ever worked for

– 13 December 2019
I am very sorry to hear your negative views on our organisation, which are not consistent with the views of our staff, young people and many professionals and agencies who work with us and know the high standards we strive for. I can assure you that at the heart of our practice is the aim not only to deliver the best outcomes for young people but also to support all within our community, which includes promoting a good work / life balance. We accept that there are always areas where we can improve and we therefore value feedback from our staff, as this is what drives a culture in which we can continuously improve. We hope you have found an employment which better suits your needs.

Do not work here!!!!

every month wages are wrong!They take large amounts of money out of your pay & then are rude to you when you ask for explanation and can’t answer you!

Pros

Amazing kids

Cons

Never paid correctly, never treated with respect

– 13 December 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback about the amazing young people we work with at Oracle Care. We strive for excellence in our ability to deliver the best outcomes for our young people and to support our young people and staff alike in the best possible way. In terms of our payroll system, as with any system the output is only as good as the information put into the system, and the wages that are paid are based on that information. What we have found in the past is that errors have occurred when incorrect information has been input and has not been checked by the employee. Having consulted with staff, however, and realised that our system was in need of simplification, we have made improvements over the past 12 months. We have changed the way we operate to make things clearer and we have made some changes to simplify the rota system. Going forward, we will be providing workshops where employees can learn more about the system and raise any issues or concerns. This should enable us to avoid any future problems with payments.

The Worst company ever

Long hours, No support, A company who like topush everything under the carpet, unsafe working, high staff turnover from managers to new staff. Promised me the world at interview but regreted it from day one.

Pros

Cons

as above

Really child focused, supportive organisation

The ethos of the company is great, and is backed up by good induction, training and day to day support. There are always challenges working in this sector but as somebody who has worked in 3 other providers over 15 years, this is by far the best. I love the fact that I am asked about how things can be developed and improved and am given the opportunity to make decisions and help make things better. Pay is good and the management team is understanding and were amazing with me recently when I had a difficult time at home. Despite what is written elsewhere, the staffing levels and support here are excellent. I feel included in the community and have great support. Unfortunately, like all residential child care companies, there will always be those who are negative but in my experience its usually those who are not child focused or professional and who often have been dismissed for poor practice. Training is good, management support is good, kids are amazing, fantastic homes and school environment, wish I had joined years ago( and glad I didn't pay any attention to some of the rubbish written on some of the feedback on here, simply not the case.....). Great place to be.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oracle Care & Education?

Lovely place to work, certainly better than where I was before

I have loved working with this company so far! The management team have definetely done an amazing job on improving things by the looks of it. Job culture is good, pay is good and feel like I have a good work/life balance. Would recommend this company for anyone who wants to help young people and make a significant difference.

Pros

Young people, staff team, management team, pay, annual leave

Educating environment

Since working for Oracle I have learnt and been taught a lot than I have any other job.The two supervisions a month are a great way to address how you are feeling and looking at ways to tackle new challenges and reflecting on the achievement staff and young people are making. Management are exceptional and understanding which makes the team run well. Salary is worth the 24.5hrs shift, team members are supportive and go out their way to make sure the young people have the best experience during their time at Oracle.

Pros

great kids, supportive staff and manager

Cons

rota takes getting used to if you haven't done shifts before

Supportive and good career advancement opportunities

I worked for Oracle from 2015 to 2018. I then left as i wanted other opportunites, however i have Since returned as i have seen from other companies how a care home SHOULD NOT BE RUN!! Oracle has had its issues in the past, these have been rectified and it is back now to its positive, therapeutic and supportive roots. Since working at Oracle I have worked in a variety or roles and have been supported and encouraged to progress my professional career. The training provided is of good quality and is centred around the young people that are looked after. The home I currently work at has a child centred and therapeutic approach to all young people and a manager that supports and guides the staff effectively. Oracle is a therapeutic community which encourages a sense of belonging for the children. The salary is very good for this line of work. Staff are encouraged to request different training and continuous professional development is encouraged for those that seek it. Oracle is a good place to work, with a family feel to it, and effective procedures to ensure all children are safeguarded. The company employs staff to complete 24.5 hour shifts, and where this may seem long it benefits the children.

Pros

Career progression opportunities.

Cons

hours are long, but that is in the nature of this job.

not perfect but certainly the best in the area. would recommend.

I've worked in this industry for some time. while its not perfect I think its one of the best in the area. There's plenty of opportunity to progress within company and for you to learn. The company try to match young people as best they can rather than just get kids in beds. Obviously they don't always get it spot on but they don't rush to get kids in beds like other companies I've worked for. some staff left because they were moved around to other homes and felt under pressure. Since then the company have listened to staff concerns over this. And even sent an independent person in to find out why staff left and were unhappy. And have since changed there policy not to move staff around whenever possible if staff don't want to be moved. Overall I would recommend working here. But as with any child residential home it can be challenging and anyone working needs to be resilient.

Pros

good pay, decent company. decent pay

Cons

long hours. some challenging behaviours

Great place to work and grow

I have worked at oracle for over 4 years and have found it to be a fun and friendly environment. I have learnt a great deal about residential care and have been given opportunity to gain promotions and to develop my skills.

Pros

A real family feeling and a company that really cares about its employees.

Cons

Weekend working.

Very Happy

Awesome place to work - good management and communication generally throughout the business. There has been ups and downs however this has been recognised and has had great input from management into improving shortfalls (not that there is many!). Management are super supportive and there is always someone you can raise concerns with if needed, however big or small with no judgement. All of the staff are friendly and supportive especially to new faces. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Oracle Care.

Pros

Friendly staff, good support systems, making a difference, training and development, competitive salary

Fantastic Place To Work

Oracle Care is a brilliant place to work, I would highly recommend this company. All staff are extremely welcoming and helpful, we all work as a team and deliver the best results

Overall

I would say that at the heart of what oracle does as a company is to try and better the lives of children . A good cause indeed! “support disadvantaged children to achieve a better future.” If you want to work with children with extreme behaviours that challenges then this is the place for you but the niggling problem is some selection of staff that makes the work burdensome when it need not be, well then again there are staffs like so everywhere you may go. If you got the tolerance well done 👍🏽 The hours were way too long for me if you single great but not if you have little children no/no!

Pros

Working with children

Cons

Long hours, staff/structure

Great place to work, awesome kids and supportive staff and manager

Reading the negative reviews left here almost put me off starting with Oracle! But I'm glad to say that although this job has it challenges I could not feel more supported by the team I work with and my manager. I have been given opportunities to quickly make progress and gain qualifications and have learnt so much in a short space of time. Things can be tough working with vulnerable children but knowing you make a difference is so worth it!

Pros

great kids, supportive staff and manager

Cons

rota takes getting used to if you haven't done shifts before

Great Childcare Organisation

Great place to work- child focused and great carer development- don't believe the negative reviews- my experience has been positive! Lots of training, support and great opportunities if you want to progress.

Pros

Good support

Rewarding and Challenging

I joined Oracle Care & Education 3 years ago. Although I work in an office, I still get to be a part of a team that supports and develops vulnerable young people - there is nothing more rewarding than that! Every day I see committed professionals do their very best for our young people and I consider it a privilege to play a part in that, albeit a very small part.

Pros

Flexible working, training, free parking, networking, location of work, facilities at work

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle Care & Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9