Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Employee Reviews in Bedford

Liked the job

Love the Oracle dream good place to work hard work great kids but not for the faint hearted need to becresiliant and need to be able to keep on loving in the hard times and there is no glory it's hard graft but yes very rewarding if healing kids is what you want to do

Pros

Fun long hours in one go so more time off

Cons

You need to have patience and be resiliant to abuse from kids who ate just hurting

Extremely poor management starting from the very top

I’ve worked for Oracle for a period of 2.5 years and during that period I’ve had 9 different managers and very little support from HR. Profit seems to be their only concern and not the young people nor staff. The sleep ins are not sleep ins and you’re not paid for the hours you’re working. Mistakes with your pay slips used to happen way too often and it was guaranteed to happen in December. Often with my colleagues we wondered why! Work life balance is terrible, you often spend your days off trying to recover from your long working hours! If you’re really considering working for Oracle, my advise is, speak with people who have worked there before. And good luck!

Do not work here!!!!

every month wages are wrong!They take large amounts of money out of your pay & then are rude to you when you ask for explanation and can’t answer you!

Pros

Amazing kids

Cons

Never paid correctly, never treated with respect

– 13 December 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback about the amazing young people we work with at Oracle Care. We strive for excellence in our ability to deliver the best outcomes for our young people and to support our young people and staff alike in the best possible way. In terms of our payroll system, as with any system the output is only as good as the information put into the system, and the wages that are paid are based on that information. What we have found in the past is that errors have occurred when incorrect information has been input and has not been checked by the employee. Having consulted with staff, however, and realised that our system was in need of simplification, we have made improvements over the past 12 months. We have changed the way we operate to make things clearer and we have made some changes to simplify the rota system. Going forward, we will be providing workshops where employees can learn more about the system and raise any issues or concerns. This should enable us to avoid any future problems with payments.

The Worst company ever

Long hours, No support, A company who like topush everything under the carpet, unsafe working, high staff turnover from managers to new staff. Promised me the world at interview but regreted it from day one.

Pros

Cons

as above

Educating environment

Since working for Oracle I have learnt and been taught a lot than I have any other job.The two supervisions a month are a great way to address how you are feeling and looking at ways to tackle new challenges and reflecting on the achievement staff and young people are making. Management are exceptional and understanding which makes the team run well. Salary is worth the 24.5hrs shift, team members are supportive and go out their way to make sure the young people have the best experience during their time at Oracle.

Pros

great kids, supportive staff and manager

Cons

rota takes getting used to if you haven't done shifts before

Great place to work, awesome kids and supportive staff and manager

Reading the negative reviews left here almost put me off starting with Oracle! But I'm glad to say that although this job has it challenges I could not feel more supported by the team I work with and my manager. I have been given opportunities to quickly make progress and gain qualifications and have learnt so much in a short space of time. Things can be tough working with vulnerable children but knowing you make a difference is so worth it!

Pros

great kids, supportive staff and manager

Cons

rota takes getting used to if you haven't done shifts before

Great Childcare Organisation

Great place to work- child focused and great carer development- don't believe the negative reviews- my experience has been positive! Lots of training, support and great opportunities if you want to progress.

Pros

Good support

Career Development

No two days are the same! It's a privilege to work with vulnerable young people: building safer lives and better futures. Oracle has now introduced a Competency Framework which will guide staff through their development and progression within the care arena. All NVQ training is funded, in both care and education. The work can be demanding but it is incredibly rewarding. There is a workers' forum, annual staff survey and a recognition programme to celebrate the great work undertaken by our staff. Day-to-day I never know what I will be dealing with but that makes the working day dynamic!

Pros

Flexible working, training and development, induction programme, free parking at all sites, beautiful residential homes in rural or semi-rural settings

Cons

can be a hectic working environment

Very petty company.

Where to begin?! I have read the reviews that have already been written and agree with them it is an unsafe and unhappy workplace for most of its staff team. The managers have their favourites and thats fine but when it causes bullying within the team it needs to stop one favourite quote by a manger is " there are jobs going at Aldi if you don't want to be here" and there really is; and I urge to take that job ! Other reviews comment on the level 3 funding and the new competency framework. You will have to pay for the level 3 if you leave within a year of completing it and even if you don't. They say you have a year to complete it - this goal post changes. The competency framework is dribble and staff do not care to complete it. It's more effort than it's worth. It sounds great and looks good on paper but that's it. Safeguarding issues - The management team pick and choose when they want to follow the staffing level rules, and care plans and put the RCPs in situations and they end up taking the fall in the long run. Staffing - Massive turn over. 50% of the staff team don't want to be there and 40% shouldn't be there the remaining 10% are good workers and child focused. The amount of moaning and gossiping is crazy, unhelpful and unnecessary, if those that moaned left it wouldn't be so bad they bring everyone down. There are some real jealous people working within this company and they Have made people leave by being very underhand, but most people know who they are and if they don't its probably them. Some workers like the power and control, and stop some young -

Pros

The young people. Training

Cons

The list is endless

– 10 May 2019
Official Response from Oracle CareWe are pleased that you enjoyed working with our young people and found our training positive. However, we are sorry that you hold such views about other aspects of our organisation. We can assure you that we have always striven for excellence and will continue to do so in delivering the best outcomes for young people and staff alike.It is unfortunate that you felt unable to express your views whilst in our employment and instead felt the best method was to do this anonymously via an agency recruitment site. We obviously cannot comment on the reasons you left our organisation and whether or not this was by your own choosing.We accept that there are areas where we can improve and we value staff input, so would be absolutely open to hearing what you have to say and where things went wrong for you. It is unfortunate that your experience has given you such a negative view of our organisation, as this is not consistent with the views of our staff, our young people or many multi-agencies who work with us or live with us and know the high standards we strive for in supporting everyone within our community.Please do get in contact via our website: www.oraclecare.com. We would love to listen to your point of view and see if there is anything we can do to improve, or anything we can clarify for you in terms of your perceived experience.

I need to get out.

I have worked here for a few years and have seen a few ups and downs. Now though is worse than I can remember. Some Managers do their best. But the message they are being asked to deliver is leading to many of us leaving or planning to leave. The Rota is a complete joke and sometimes ourpay isn't right either. Its getting worse by the day. There are much better options out there and I am interviewing for some over the next week or so!

Pros

Nothing now.

Cons

everything.

– 11 June 2019
It is good to hear that you feel some managers do their best, however your comment about our message causing people to leave is concerning. Our core message and purpose centres around “building safer lives and better futures” – a model which has been launched and communicated to all staff, and is embedded into our culture and daily practice. This message is consistent and applies to all staff – regardless of their role. In terms of our new rota, we acknowledge that this has caused issues for some staff which we are working to address, however we have noted that the majority of errors in pay result from incorrect data being provided by employees in the first place.Perhaps you have meanwhile found another position and come to realise there are ups and downs in most companies – but if not, please take the more professional route of discussing your issues with a manager rather than posting comments out of context onto an agency recruitment site.

Career Development

Pros

Cons

can be a hectic working environment

Unqualified management

Hire you quickly and fire you even quicker with little accountability. They have frequent trouble with unions and are often taken to court over their conduct. Huge massive staff turnover , low wages and little sick pay , poor pension also.

Pros

Nice surrounding area

Cons

Long hours, small breaks high workload, no staff rewards or Xmas parties etc

Awful place to work.

General shambles. No-one seems to have any idea on what is going on. Cannot hold staff reason revealed. Bullying is allowed to happen with no subsequent consequences. Awful place to work. No support system for the staff. Worst place I have ever stepped foot in. AVOID.

Cons

no breaks

Good Vision, Purpose and values

A good purpose and values based company, that develops and invests in it's staff.

Pros

Free parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle Care & Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.8Job security/advancement

Oracle Care & Education Reviews by Location

• Oracle Care & Education
  • Bedford
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?