Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Employee Reviews in Congleton

A progressive and fantastic company

Featured review

Oracle Care & Education selected this as a representative review
I worked at this organisation twice within my career both in the care and education sector. I left Oracle in 2015 to work for a much larger organisation but quickly realised that organisation driven on monetary gain for the lives of young people is not an ethos I wish to be part of. I had always enjoyed working for Oracle and found my time extremely beneficial to furthering my career, with a progressive management team, strong therapeutic input and great team work approach from all staff. I have returned to manage and found the new management structure to be so inspiring The current SLT are extremely child-focussed, dedicated, progressive and understanding to both the needs of the children and the staff. Residential staff are the most well-paid within the area, the salary and working hours are great and there is flexible working to cover all staff's needs. I would highly encourage commencing your career or changing your role to this amazing organisation.

Pros

Pay, Working Hours, staff support and access to services

Cons

Making money of children's misfortune

Terrible place to work and employ people who can't work anywhere else, very low standards and the management are incompetent. Do not work here it is actually dangerous and you will either be assaulted or face disciplinary actions for things not in your control !

Pros

good to see how to not run a child care facilty

Cons

you just feel horrible everyday.

Over worked under paid

Don’t bother unless your young and can be influenced. Having a mind at this company makes you a threat to some of the managers. No support unless you are friends with management but then they will turn on you to get what they want

Pros

Non

Cons

48 hour shifts treat the day you come off shift as one of your days off

Really child focused, supportive organisation

The ethos of the company is great, and is backed up by good induction, training and day to day support. There are always challenges working in this sector but as somebody who has worked in 3 other providers over 15 years, this is by far the best. I love the fact that I am asked about how things can be developed and improved and am given the opportunity to make decisions and help make things better. Pay is good and the management team is understanding and were amazing with me recently when I had a difficult time at home. Despite what is written elsewhere, the staffing levels and support here are excellent. I feel included in the community and have great support. Unfortunately, like all residential child care companies, there will always be those who are negative but in my experience its usually those who are not child focused or professional and who often have been dismissed for poor practice. Training is good, management support is good, kids are amazing, fantastic homes and school environment, wish I had joined years ago( and glad I didn't pay any attention to some of the rubbish written on some of the feedback on here, simply not the case.....). Great place to be.

not perfect but certainly the best in the area. would recommend.

I've worked in this industry for some time. while its not perfect I think its one of the best in the area. There's plenty of opportunity to progress within company and for you to learn. The company try to match young people as best they can rather than just get kids in beds. Obviously they don't always get it spot on but they don't rush to get kids in beds like other companies I've worked for. some staff left because they were moved around to other homes and felt under pressure. Since then the company have listened to staff concerns over this. And even sent an independent person in to find out why staff left and were unhappy. And have since changed there policy not to move staff around whenever possible if staff don't want to be moved. Overall I would recommend working here. But as with any child residential home it can be challenging and anyone working needs to be resilient.

Pros

good pay, decent company. decent pay

Cons

long hours. some challenging behaviours

Very Happy

Awesome place to work - good management and communication generally throughout the business. There has been ups and downs however this has been recognised and has had great input from management into improving shortfalls (not that there is many!). Management are super supportive and there is always someone you can raise concerns with if needed, however big or small with no judgement. All of the staff are friendly and supportive especially to new faces. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Oracle Care.

Pros

Friendly staff, good support systems, making a difference, training and development, competitive salary

Fantastic Place To Work

Oracle Care is a brilliant place to work, I would highly recommend this company. All staff are extremely welcoming and helpful, we all work as a team and deliver the best results

Good company to work for

Oracle Care and Education have an outstanding ethos to improve the lives of the children they care for. Great training and career opportunities. Work life balance is fantastic with flexibility when important dates need to be rota'd off (GP appointments etc) where the managers are very understanding and accommodating.

A sinking ship......AVOID, you have be warned

A poor company with poorer management. Staff are treated like cattle, hence high turnover of staff, this equals poor relationships with very challenging young people, due to good staff leaving, new staff left to pick up pieces after established staff leave, new staff then get abused due to young people feeling insecure, so new staff leave, challenging children then moved on as seen unmanageable. Management then just fill beds to keep income coming in. This company is about profit, but then OFSTED ratings take a hit because of poor performance, which means they can't charge as much, so the downward spiral continues. I worked in Congleton for Oracle, they are horrendous and could not make a good decision if they tried. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE.

Pros

You feel superior to management

Cons

They are on more money than you

– 10 May 2019
Official Response from Oracle CareWe are sorry that you hold such strong and negative views about our organisation. We can assure you that we have always striven for excellence and will continue to do so in delivering the best outcomes for young people and staff alike.It is unfortunate that you felt unable to express your views whilst in our employment and instead felt the best method was to do this anonymously via an agency recruitment site. We obviously cannot comment on the reasons you left our organisation and whether or not this was by your own choosing.We accept that there are areas where we can improve and we value staff input, so would be absolutely open to hearing what you have to say and where things went wrong for you. It is unfortunate that your experience has given you such a negative view of our organisation, as this is not consistent with the views of our staff, our young people or many multi-agencies who work with us or live with us and know the high standards we strive for in supporting everyone within our community.Please do get in contact via our website: www.oraclecare.com. We would love to listen to your point of view and see if there is anything we can do to improve, or anything we can clarify for you in terms of your perceived experience.

A good, stable company to work for but the hours are not suited for a young family. The salary is competitive. 15 hour shifts plus a sleep in. I was put through many productive training courses. Management was supportive. Co workers were limited due to staff turn over. Hardest part of the job was covering shifts. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a range of needs.

Pros

salary

Cons

low staffing levels

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oracle Care & Education?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle Care & Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9