Oracle Care & Education logo
Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Culture reviews

Clear

A progressive and fantastic company

Featured review

Oracle Care & Education selected this as a representative review
I worked at this organisation twice within my career both in the care and education sector. I left Oracle in 2015 to work for a much larger organisation but quickly realised that organisation driven on monetary gain for the lives of young people is not an ethos I wish to be part of. I had always enjoyed working for Oracle and found my time extremely beneficial to furthering my career, with a progressive management team, strong therapeutic input and great team work approach from all staff. I have returned to manage and found the new management structure to be so inspiring The current SLT are extremely child-focussed, dedicated, progressive and understanding to both the needs of the children and the staff. Residential staff are the most well-paid within the area, the salary and working hours are great and there is flexible working to cover all staff's needs. I would highly encourage commencing your career or changing your role to this amazing organisation.

Pros

Pay, Working Hours, staff support and access to services

Cons

Lovely place to work, certainly better than where I was before

I have loved working with this company so far! The management team have definetely done an amazing job on improving things by the looks of it. Job culture is good, pay is good and feel like I have a good work/life balance. Would recommend this company for anyone who wants to help young people and make a significant difference.

Pros

Young people, staff team, management team, pay, annual leave

Educating environment

Since working for Oracle I have learnt and been taught a lot than I have any other job.The two supervisions a month are a great way to address how you are feeling and looking at ways to tackle new challenges and reflecting on the achievement staff and young people are making. Management are exceptional and understanding which makes the team run well. Salary is worth the 24.5hrs shift, team members are supportive and go out their way to make sure the young people have the best experience during their time at Oracle.

Pros

great kids, supportive staff and manager

Cons

rota takes getting used to if you haven't done shifts before

Very Happy

Awesome place to work - good management and communication generally throughout the business. There has been ups and downs however this has been recognised and has had great input from management into improving shortfalls (not that there is many!). Management are super supportive and there is always someone you can raise concerns with if needed, however big or small with no judgement. All of the staff are friendly and supportive especially to new faces. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Oracle Care.

Pros

Friendly staff, good support systems, making a difference, training and development, competitive salary

Fantastic Place To Work

Oracle Care is a brilliant place to work, I would highly recommend this company. All staff are extremely welcoming and helpful, we all work as a team and deliver the best results

Great Childcare Organisation

Great place to work- child focused and great carer development- don't believe the negative reviews- my experience has been positive! Lots of training, support and great opportunities if you want to progress.

Pros

Good support

Challenging young people

Loved the job but disliked the company. Always felt on edge and certain people who left and then returned clearly lack morals and will tread on anyone to achieve their end goal Set up was great and the interaction between the homes is amazing, kids feel part of a community

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Poor management

Great team

A stressful, hard working job that requires you to always be vigilant. the part of the job I enjoy the most is working with such a great team of people. the hardest part of the job is when the young people have a bad day and kick off.

A good, stable company to work for but the hours are not suited for a young family. The salary is competitive. 15 hour shifts plus a sleep in. I was put through many productive training courses. Management was supportive. Co workers were limited due to staff turn over. Hardest part of the job was covering shifts. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a range of needs.

Pros

salary

Cons

low staffing levels