Oracle Care & Education logo
Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

A progressive and fantastic company

Featured review

Oracle Care & Education selected this as a representative review
I worked at this organisation twice within my career both in the care and education sector. I left Oracle in 2015 to work for a much larger organisation but quickly realised that organisation driven on monetary gain for the lives of young people is not an ethos I wish to be part of. I had always enjoyed working for Oracle and found my time extremely beneficial to furthering my career, with a progressive management team, strong therapeutic input and great team work approach from all staff. I have returned to manage and found the new management structure to be so inspiring The current SLT are extremely child-focussed, dedicated, progressive and understanding to both the needs of the children and the staff. Residential staff are the most well-paid within the area, the salary and working hours are great and there is flexible working to cover all staff's needs. I would highly encourage commencing your career or changing your role to this amazing organisation.

Pros

Pay, Working Hours, staff support and access to services

Money is not that good for 40 hrs wk

Staff are not very friendly, no time to socialise, work is pressured. Not enough feedback from management. Computers and laptops need to be updated, Windows need to be updated. Pay could be increased.

Pros

30 min lunch

Cons

Long hrs, not enough feedback and advancement

Lovely place to work, certainly better than where I was before

I have loved working with this company so far! The management team have definetely done an amazing job on improving things by the looks of it. Job culture is good, pay is good and feel like I have a good work/life balance. Would recommend this company for anyone who wants to help young people and make a significant difference.

Pros

Young people, staff team, management team, pay, annual leave

not perfect but certainly the best in the area. would recommend.

I've worked in this industry for some time. while its not perfect I think its one of the best in the area. There's plenty of opportunity to progress within company and for you to learn. The company try to match young people as best they can rather than just get kids in beds. Obviously they don't always get it spot on but they don't rush to get kids in beds like other companies I've worked for. some staff left because they were moved around to other homes and felt under pressure. Since then the company have listened to staff concerns over this. And even sent an independent person in to find out why staff left and were unhappy. And have since changed there policy not to move staff around whenever possible if staff don't want to be moved. Overall I would recommend working here. But as with any child residential home it can be challenging and anyone working needs to be resilient.

Pros

good pay, decent company. decent pay

Cons

long hours. some challenging behaviours

Great place to work and grow

I have worked at oracle for over 4 years and have found it to be a fun and friendly environment. I have learnt a great deal about residential care and have been given opportunity to gain promotions and to develop my skills.

Pros

A real family feeling and a company that really cares about its employees.

Cons

Weekend working.

Very Happy

Awesome place to work - good management and communication generally throughout the business. There has been ups and downs however this has been recognised and has had great input from management into improving shortfalls (not that there is many!). Management are super supportive and there is always someone you can raise concerns with if needed, however big or small with no judgement. All of the staff are friendly and supportive especially to new faces. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Oracle Care.

Pros

Friendly staff, good support systems, making a difference, training and development, competitive salary

Great Childcare Organisation

Great place to work- child focused and great carer development- don't believe the negative reviews- my experience has been positive! Lots of training, support and great opportunities if you want to progress.

Pros

Good support

Good company to work for

Oracle Care and Education have an outstanding ethos to improve the lives of the children they care for. Great training and career opportunities. Work life balance is fantastic with flexibility when important dates need to be rota'd off (GP appointments etc) where the managers are very understanding and accommodating.

I need to get out.

I have worked here for a few years and have seen a few ups and downs. Now though is worse than I can remember. Some Managers do their best. But the message they are being asked to deliver is leading to many of us leaving or planning to leave. The Rota is a complete joke and sometimes ourpay isn't right either. Its getting worse by the day. There are much better options out there and I am interviewing for some over the next week or so!

Pros

Nothing now.

Cons

everything.

– 11 June 2019
It is good to hear that you feel some managers do their best, however your comment about our message causing people to leave is concerning. Our core message and purpose centres around “building safer lives and better futures” – a model which has been launched and communicated to all staff, and is embedded into our culture and daily practice. This message is consistent and applies to all staff – regardless of their role. In terms of our new rota, we acknowledge that this has caused issues for some staff which we are working to address, however we have noted that the majority of errors in pay result from incorrect data being provided by employees in the first place.Perhaps you have meanwhile found another position and come to realise there are ups and downs in most companies – but if not, please take the more professional route of discussing your issues with a manager rather than posting comments out of context onto an agency recruitment site.

x

The company was well structured. I do not wish to send a review.