Oracle Care & Education logo
Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Management reviews

Clear

A progressive and fantastic company

Featured review

Oracle Care & Education selected this as a representative review
I worked at this organisation twice within my career both in the care and education sector. I left Oracle in 2015 to work for a much larger organisation but quickly realised that organisation driven on monetary gain for the lives of young people is not an ethos I wish to be part of. I had always enjoyed working for Oracle and found my time extremely beneficial to furthering my career, with a progressive management team, strong therapeutic input and great team work approach from all staff. I have returned to manage and found the new management structure to be so inspiring The current SLT are extremely child-focussed, dedicated, progressive and understanding to both the needs of the children and the staff. Residential staff are the most well-paid within the area, the salary and working hours are great and there is flexible working to cover all staff's needs. I would highly encourage commencing your career or changing your role to this amazing organisation.

Pros

Pay, Working Hours, staff support and access to services

Over worked under paid

Don’t bother unless your young and can be influenced. Having a mind at this company makes you a threat to some of the managers. No support unless you are friends with management but then they will turn on you to get what they want

Pros

Non

Cons

48 hour shifts treat the day you come off shift as one of your days off

Extremely poor management starting from the very top

I’ve worked for Oracle for a period of 2.5 years and during that period I’ve had 9 different managers and very little support from HR. Profit seems to be their only concern and not the young people nor staff. The sleep ins are not sleep ins and you’re not paid for the hours you’re working. Mistakes with your pay slips used to happen way too often and it was guaranteed to happen in December. Often with my colleagues we wondered why! Work life balance is terrible, you often spend your days off trying to recover from your long working hours! If you’re really considering working for Oracle, my advise is, speak with people who have worked there before. And good luck!

Awful company

Company was great until change of management. Management money driven and do not care about the young people or staff. If you want to be assaulted by kids and ignored by management then this is the place for you. Long hours with no rest when problems occur. Your just a number and easily replaceable. Worst company I’ve ever worked for

– 13 December 2019
I am very sorry to hear your negative views on our organisation, which are not consistent with the views of our staff, young people and many professionals and agencies who work with us and know the high standards we strive for. I can assure you that at the heart of our practice is the aim not only to deliver the best outcomes for young people but also to support all within our community, which includes promoting a good work / life balance. We accept that there are always areas where we can improve and we therefore value feedback from our staff, as this is what drives a culture in which we can continuously improve. We hope you have found an employment which better suits your needs.

Do not work here!!!!

every month wages are wrong!They take large amounts of money out of your pay & then are rude to you when you ask for explanation and can’t answer you!

Pros

Amazing kids

Cons

Never paid correctly, never treated with respect

– 13 December 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback about the amazing young people we work with at Oracle Care. We strive for excellence in our ability to deliver the best outcomes for our young people and to support our young people and staff alike in the best possible way. In terms of our payroll system, as with any system the output is only as good as the information put into the system, and the wages that are paid are based on that information. What we have found in the past is that errors have occurred when incorrect information has been input and has not been checked by the employee. Having consulted with staff, however, and realised that our system was in need of simplification, we have made improvements over the past 12 months. We have changed the way we operate to make things clearer and we have made some changes to simplify the rota system. Going forward, we will be providing workshops where employees can learn more about the system and raise any issues or concerns. This should enable us to avoid any future problems with payments.

Money is not that good for 40 hrs wk

Staff are not very friendly, no time to socialise, work is pressured. Not enough feedback from management. Computers and laptops need to be updated, Windows need to be updated. Pay could be increased.

Pros

30 min lunch

Cons

Long hrs, not enough feedback and advancement

The Worst company ever

Long hours, No support, A company who like topush everything under the carpet, unsafe working, high staff turnover from managers to new staff. Promised me the world at interview but regreted it from day one.

Pros

Cons

as above

Really child focused, supportive organisation

The ethos of the company is great, and is backed up by good induction, training and day to day support. There are always challenges working in this sector but as somebody who has worked in 3 other providers over 15 years, this is by far the best. I love the fact that I am asked about how things can be developed and improved and am given the opportunity to make decisions and help make things better. Pay is good and the management team is understanding and were amazing with me recently when I had a difficult time at home. Despite what is written elsewhere, the staffing levels and support here are excellent. I feel included in the community and have great support. Unfortunately, like all residential child care companies, there will always be those who are negative but in my experience its usually those who are not child focused or professional and who often have been dismissed for poor practice. Training is good, management support is good, kids are amazing, fantastic homes and school environment, wish I had joined years ago( and glad I didn't pay any attention to some of the rubbish written on some of the feedback on here, simply not the case.....). Great place to be.

Lovely place to work, certainly better than where I was before

I have loved working with this company so far! The management team have definetely done an amazing job on improving things by the looks of it. Job culture is good, pay is good and feel like I have a good work/life balance. Would recommend this company for anyone who wants to help young people and make a significant difference.

Pros

Young people, staff team, management team, pay, annual leave

Educating environment

Since working for Oracle I have learnt and been taught a lot than I have any other job.The two supervisions a month are a great way to address how you are feeling and looking at ways to tackle new challenges and reflecting on the achievement staff and young people are making. Management are exceptional and understanding which makes the team run well. Salary is worth the 24.5hrs shift, team members are supportive and go out their way to make sure the young people have the best experience during their time at Oracle.

Pros

great kids, supportive staff and manager

Cons

rota takes getting used to if you haven't done shifts before

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oracle Care & Education?

Very Happy

Awesome place to work - good management and communication generally throughout the business. There has been ups and downs however this has been recognised and has had great input from management into improving shortfalls (not that there is many!). Management are super supportive and there is always someone you can raise concerns with if needed, however big or small with no judgement. All of the staff are friendly and supportive especially to new faces. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Oracle Care.

Pros

Friendly staff, good support systems, making a difference, training and development, competitive salary

A sinking ship......AVOID, you have be warned

A poor company with poorer management. Staff are treated like cattle, hence high turnover of staff, this equals poor relationships with very challenging young people, due to good staff leaving, new staff left to pick up pieces after established staff leave, new staff then get abused due to young people feeling insecure, so new staff leave, challenging children then moved on as seen unmanageable. Management then just fill beds to keep income coming in. This company is about profit, but then OFSTED ratings take a hit because of poor performance, which means they can't charge as much, so the downward spiral continues. I worked in Congleton for Oracle, they are horrendous and could not make a good decision if they tried. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE.

Pros

You feel superior to management

Cons

They are on more money than you

– 10 May 2019
Official Response from Oracle CareWe are sorry that you hold such strong and negative views about our organisation. We can assure you that we have always striven for excellence and will continue to do so in delivering the best outcomes for young people and staff alike.It is unfortunate that you felt unable to express your views whilst in our employment and instead felt the best method was to do this anonymously via an agency recruitment site. We obviously cannot comment on the reasons you left our organisation and whether or not this was by your own choosing.We accept that there are areas where we can improve and we value staff input, so would be absolutely open to hearing what you have to say and where things went wrong for you. It is unfortunate that your experience has given you such a negative view of our organisation, as this is not consistent with the views of our staff, our young people or many multi-agencies who work with us or live with us and know the high standards we strive for in supporting everyone within our community.Please do get in contact via our website: www.oraclecare.com. We would love to listen to your point of view and see if there is anything we can do to improve, or anything we can clarify for you in terms of your perceived experience.

Very petty company.

Where to begin?! I have read the reviews that have already been written and agree with them it is an unsafe and unhappy workplace for most of its staff team. The managers have their favourites and thats fine but when it causes bullying within the team it needs to stop one favourite quote by a manger is " there are jobs going at Aldi if you don't want to be here" and there really is; and I urge to take that job ! Other reviews comment on the level 3 funding and the new competency framework. You will have to pay for the level 3 if you leave within a year of completing it and even if you don't. They say you have a year to complete it - this goal post changes. The competency framework is dribble and staff do not care to complete it. It's more effort than it's worth. It sounds great and looks good on paper but that's it. Safeguarding issues - The management team pick and choose when they want to follow the staffing level rules, and care plans and put the RCPs in situations and they end up taking the fall in the long run. Staffing - Massive turn over. 50% of the staff team don't want to be there and 40% shouldn't be there the remaining 10% are good workers and child focused. The amount of moaning and gossiping is crazy, unhelpful and unnecessary, if those that moaned left it wouldn't be so bad they bring everyone down. There are some real jealous people working within this company and they Have made people leave by being very underhand, but most people know who they are and if they don't its probably them. Some workers like the power and control, and stop some young -

Pros

The young people. Training

Cons

The list is endless

– 10 May 2019
Official Response from Oracle CareWe are pleased that you enjoyed working with our young people and found our training positive. However, we are sorry that you hold such views about other aspects of our organisation. We can assure you that we have always striven for excellence and will continue to do so in delivering the best outcomes for young people and staff alike.It is unfortunate that you felt unable to express your views whilst in our employment and instead felt the best method was to do this anonymously via an agency recruitment site. We obviously cannot comment on the reasons you left our organisation and whether or not this was by your own choosing.We accept that there are areas where we can improve and we value staff input, so would be absolutely open to hearing what you have to say and where things went wrong for you. It is unfortunate that your experience has given you such a negative view of our organisation, as this is not consistent with the views of our staff, our young people or many multi-agencies who work with us or live with us and know the high standards we strive for in supporting everyone within our community.Please do get in contact via our website: www.oraclecare.com. We would love to listen to your point of view and see if there is anything we can do to improve, or anything we can clarify for you in terms of your perceived experience.

Challenging young people

Loved the job but disliked the company. Always felt on edge and certain people who left and then returned clearly lack morals and will tread on anyone to achieve their end goal Set up was great and the interaction between the homes is amazing, kids feel part of a community

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Poor management

Unprofessional

Unprofessional, profit-hungry organisation. High staff turnover says it all - they care only about their pockets. It's an intense environment, particularly when under-staffed and under-resourced, which is a real shame as it has the potential to be making a true (rather than tokenistic) difference to the young people's lives.

Pros

Working with the young people.

Cons

Everything else.

Unsafe and safeguarding errors by management

Putting staff and young people at risk each day due to management negligence ,no support from management ,massive staff turnover due to poor moral and poor working conditions

Pros

The microwave works ok

Cons

Everything else

– 23 July 2018
Correction , only 1 microwave works and its not very clean most of the time

Awful place to work.

General shambles. No-one seems to have any idea on what is going on. Cannot hold staff reason revealed. Bullying is allowed to happen with no subsequent consequences. Awful place to work. No support system for the staff. Worst place I have ever stepped foot in. AVOID.

Cons

no breaks

Fantastic bunch of young people

Was a good company, but sadly that changed in 2015 with new management. Money driven rather than child focussed with massive staff turnover...not a good environment for the young people as no consistency for them.

Pros

The amazing young people in Oracle

Cons

Management...no support and massive staff turnover

A good, stable company to work for but the hours are not suited for a young family. The salary is competitive. 15 hour shifts plus a sleep in. I was put through many productive training courses. Management was supportive. Co workers were limited due to staff turn over. Hardest part of the job was covering shifts. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a range of needs.

Pros

salary

Cons

low staffing levels