Oracle Care & Education logo
Oracle Care & Education

Oracle Care & Education Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

A progressive and fantastic company

Featured review

Oracle Care & Education selected this as a representative review
I worked at this organisation twice within my career both in the care and education sector. I left Oracle in 2015 to work for a much larger organisation but quickly realised that organisation driven on monetary gain for the lives of young people is not an ethos I wish to be part of. I had always enjoyed working for Oracle and found my time extremely beneficial to furthering my career, with a progressive management team, strong therapeutic input and great team work approach from all staff. I have returned to manage and found the new management structure to be so inspiring The current SLT are extremely child-focussed, dedicated, progressive and understanding to both the needs of the children and the staff. Residential staff are the most well-paid within the area, the salary and working hours are great and there is flexible working to cover all staff's needs. I would highly encourage commencing your career or changing your role to this amazing organisation.

Pros

Pay, Working Hours, staff support and access to services

Cons

Extremely poor management starting from the very top

I’ve worked for Oracle for a period of 2.5 years and during that period I’ve had 9 different managers and very little support from HR. Profit seems to be their only concern and not the young people nor staff. The sleep ins are not sleep ins and you’re not paid for the hours you’re working. Mistakes with your pay slips used to happen way too often and it was guaranteed to happen in December. Often with my colleagues we wondered why! Work life balance is terrible, you often spend your days off trying to recover from your long working hours! If you’re really considering working for Oracle, my advise is, speak with people who have worked there before. And good luck!

Money is not that good for 40 hrs wk

Staff are not very friendly, no time to socialise, work is pressured. Not enough feedback from management. Computers and laptops need to be updated, Windows need to be updated. Pay could be increased.

Pros

30 min lunch

Cons

Long hrs, not enough feedback and advancement

Educating environment

Since working for Oracle I have learnt and been taught a lot than I have any other job.The two supervisions a month are a great way to address how you are feeling and looking at ways to tackle new challenges and reflecting on the achievement staff and young people are making. Management are exceptional and understanding which makes the team run well. Salary is worth the 24.5hrs shift, team members are supportive and go out their way to make sure the young people have the best experience during their time at Oracle.

Pros

great kids, supportive staff and manager

Cons

rota takes getting used to if you haven't done shifts before

Very Happy

Awesome place to work - good management and communication generally throughout the business. There has been ups and downs however this has been recognised and has had great input from management into improving shortfalls (not that there is many!). Management are super supportive and there is always someone you can raise concerns with if needed, however big or small with no judgement. All of the staff are friendly and supportive especially to new faces. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Oracle Care.

Pros

Friendly staff, good support systems, making a difference, training and development, competitive salary

Unqualified management

Hire you quickly and fire you even quicker with little accountability. They have frequent trouble with unions and are often taken to court over their conduct. Huge massive staff turnover , low wages and little sick pay , poor pension also.

Pros

Nice surrounding area

Cons

Long hours, small breaks high workload, no staff rewards or Xmas parties etc

A good, stable company to work for but the hours are not suited for a young family. The salary is competitive. 15 hour shifts plus a sleep in. I was put through many productive training courses. Management was supportive. Co workers were limited due to staff turn over. Hardest part of the job was covering shifts. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a range of needs.

Pros

salary

Cons

low staffing levels